I'm sorry but Thiago gave one of the worst top 5 performances ever

His performance was ok, his fight IQ was absolute zero. I dont know how many times ive seen a fighter rock someone and follow up on the ground only to get countered or submitted. Make the rocked guy stand up! I was screaming at my tv santos was going to get subbed after going down and bam there it was.

that's what we thought of walker
I disagree. Walker showed in his fights pre UFC that he had some significant holes already. After that he had a couple highlight reel finishes with very little fight time, whereas we have had plenty of time in the cage to analyse Ankalaev

Reactions: HHJ
His performance was ok, his fight IQ was absolute zero. I dont know how many times ive seen a fighter rock someone and follow up on the ground only to get countered or submitted. Make the rocked guy stand up! I was screaming at my tv santos was going to get subbed after going down and bam there it was.

I know I'm specifically complaining about how bad his ground game was, but yes, overall I was shocked how he let Glover off to the victory elsewhere. Santos was just bad. A cardboard 41 yer old could've done better,

I still don't think Glover should be a top contender, but if so it's due to how bad the rest are and how he's the last man standing among such a terrible cable of "top contenders"

He's always struggled with grappling. This guy got submitted by Eric spicely.

Is it really that big of a surprise that he'd look bad on the mat with the best grappler he's fought?

"Saying you're a black belt under the Nogueira brothers is like saying you got a toy in your happy meal"-Uncle Chael lol
and how'd that end for him again
JFFtF16.png

and how'd that end for him again
JFFtF16.png
Damn right, Silva is my 2nd favorite fighter behind Cro Cop so I was stoked both times he beat Chael!

I just thought it was a fun time to slip in Chael's quote, context wise with Santos atrocious ground game display last night. Definitely no disrespect to Nog bros, they are OG, but they would be ashamed of Santos ground performance/bjj last night

Glover is an extremely heavy on top 2nd degree black belt who is strong as fuck and exerts absurd levels of pressure.

He did the exact same thing to Anthony smith in his last fight, also a black belt.
Yep. There are levels.
But I also think that under some cicriumstance anyone can look good on top, and almost anyone can look shit on the bottom.
Weidman vs Rockhold is one example.

The LHW top 5 is another.

Glover made Smith look like shit on the ground.
Smith made Gus look like shit on the ground.
Same Gus who looked good with the grappling against DC and Jones 1, and basically squashed Jan Blachowicz with mostly ground game.

Last edited:
Santos had a catastrophic double knee injury, it's not the kind of injury that is easy to recover from. He might never be the same fighter again from now onwards.

Holy fuck, cut Santos. How the fuck are you top 5 when your ground game is legit under 3 months of training? He legit did not even display white belt level. If you put Glover against a random, I couldn't have told the difference. Instead he actually apparently dominated the perhaps rightful champ.

I normally do not go all in on a bad performance, they happen. But Thiago legit did not belong anywhere near the the title. What an embarrassment this division is. Jon was 100% right to leave, LHW is fucking trash.
But he legit beat jones legit on one legit leg according to some legit peoples legit scorecards. Legit

That fight was shady as f imo. Santos gave up way too easy.

he has terrible fight IQ and useless ground game, plain terrible

Tequila shit faced I could outgrapple Thiago baby faced Santos. Learn to guard.
He would tap you in 10 seconds

Anyways Thiago's ground game > Jake Shields

Holy fuck, cut Santos. How the fuck are you top 5 when your ground game is legit under 3 months of training? He legit did not even display white belt level. If you put Glover against a random, I couldn't have told the difference. Instead he actually apparently dominated the perhaps rightful champ.

I normally do not go all in on a bad performance, they happen. But Thiago legit did not belong anywhere near the the title. What an embarrassment this division is. Jon was 100% right to leave, LHW is fucking trash.

Why so salty? Did you bet on Santos?

<TheWire1>

No fighter does a long fight against Jones and comes out the same. Even Glover was fucked for awhile. It is what it is

I do mean this literally. This was one of the most embarrassing performances ever by a top 5 fighter, who's supposedly a black belt. Thiago should be embarrassed he spent 2 years on this performance.

Lol how much money did you lose? With the exception of Anderson and Davis, Glover has owned everyone in exchanges on the ground. Santos actually did a pretty solid job of attempting to regain guard while avoiding minimal damage. His problem isn’t his grappling. It’s more of a combination of having reconstructive knee surgery at 36 and have poor defensive wrestling. That said, despite those shortcomings, he nearly finished the fight. Lastly, no. I highly doubt that anyone on Sherdog can outgrapple a BJJ blackbelt that is 220-235 at ~ 10-13% bodyfat lol.

Back