I'm sorry but Thiago gave one of the worst top 5 performances ever

Santos is a beast.

Glover has done that over and over in his career, I wasn't surprised.

LHW is just fine, this is what happens when someone cleans out and rinses a division twice in 5 years, then vacates.

Glover is worthy of a title shot, he could beat anyone in the world at 205 in a 5 rounder, except maybe Jones.

Santos is a beast.

Glover has done that over and over in his career, I wasn't surprised.

LHW is just fine, this is what happens when someone cleans out and rinses a division twice in 5 years, then vacates.

Glover is worthy of a title shot, he could beat anyone in the world at 205 in a 5 rounder, except maybe Jones.

This. Glover is in the division’s all-time top ten.

Holy fuck, cut Santos. How the fuck are you top 5 when your ground game is legit under 3 months of training? He legit did not even display white belt level. If you put Glover against a random, I couldn't have told the difference. Instead he actually apparently dominated the perhaps rightful champ.

I normally do not go all in on a bad performance, they happen. But Thiago legit did not belong anywhere near the the title. What an embarrassment this division is. Jon was 100% right to leave, LHW is fucking trash.
Do u think u could survive 4 minutes in glover guard while hes fresh? Ya gottta stfu

TS literally has no idea what he's watching.

Easily one of the most embarrassing threads ever posted on the site.

I disagree. Walker showed in his fights pre UFC that he had some significant holes already. After that he had a couple highlight reel finishes with very little fight time, whereas we have had plenty of time in the cage to analyse Ankalaev
well the kind of competition metters too so in a way walker had better showings against cans too

TS has clearly never rolled with a high level grappler and has no idea what they are talking about.

There are black belts who make other black belts look like white belts. There’s levels to this.

I heard the same argument being repeated about Gaethje. Khabib and Glover are just that good. I’m pretty confident they would manhandle your average BJJ black belt with ease.

Yep. There are levels.
But I also think that under some cicriumstance anyone can look good on top, and almost anyone can look shit on the bottom.
Weidman vs Rockhold is one example.

The LHW top 5 is another.

Glover made Smith look like shit on the ground.
Smith made Gus look like shit on the ground.
Same Gus who looked good with the grappling against DC and Jones 1, and basically squashed Jan Blachowicz with mostly ground game.
jones took gus s sould just before that to be fair

Holy fuck, cut Santos. How the fuck are you top 5 when your ground game is legit under 3 months of training? He legit did not even display white belt level. If you put Glover against a random, I couldn't have told the difference. Instead he actually apparently dominated the perhaps rightful champ.

I normally do not go all in on a bad performance, they happen. But Thiago legit did not belong anywhere near the the title. What an embarrassment this division is. Jon was 100% right to leave, LHW is fucking trash.
Meanwhile, at HW, a guy looking like Roy Nelson just choked a guy unconscious with a forearm to the throat like it was still 1999.

Tequila shit faced I could outgrapple Thiago baby faced Santos. Learn to guard.

The one little stripe on your white belt does not mean you know anything, nor that you could apply it. Goto sleep little baby.

It was a weak performance. The only thing Santos had to do is move and hit instead of staying stationary for take downs. He would have never lost.
Santos is younger and quicker and didn't use it.

he's bjj black belt under Nogueira brothers
That’s like saying I found a toy in my happy meal
Sonnen-troll-smile.jpg

My drunk ass guard could've been more effective than his. 100% a McDonalds black belt, not worth it's $15 price tag.

Seriously. I want to see 1 single person say 100%, all honesty, that they don't think they can outgrapple Santos and his performance tonight, or keep Glover to guard. His ground game is fucking horrible. 2 years off or no years off, that was one of the top 5 most embarrassing performances of all time.

LHW is an embarrassment.

It’s embarrassing that I have to explain this but...believe it or not there’s a SUBSTANTIAL difference between sitting comfortably on your couch watching a fight and actually being one of the fighters in the cage.

Hard for a sherdogger to grasp, I know.

No, you wouldn’t outgrapple Santos.

Glover would need less than a minute to finish you if he was on top of you.

It was a weak performance. The only thing Santos had to do is move and hit instead of staying stationary for take downs. He would have never lost.
Santos is younger and quicker and didn't use it.
This is a kinda ignorant post. Santos is a tank. He has to be moving forward while maintaining kickboxing range to be most effective. He'd gas himself out trying to hit and move. He's a fighter who fights in bursts.

Most because he's a striker doesn't mean he can use every striking strategy in the book.

He should not have accepted a top 5 fight after 18 months of surgery and recovery, that’s why. Glover was simply too much for him. Would he have been 2 years ago? We will never know. But today he was.

He should have fought someone like...shit, I don’t know, someone unranked at 205, or Chris Weidman.

But my guess is he wanted to jump back into the deep end right away for the big potential upside, damn the risks. Oops.

Back