Im Sorry, but Rozenstruik looked like a worse version of Derrick Lewis

But it isn't. For Stipe to have top notch head movement, he sure does get punched a lot on his head. DC was constantly connecting with Stipes head. Ngannou or Rozenstruik would KO Stipe if they can land that many head shots to Stipe.
But they can’t.... because of his footwork and head movement lmao

emlcr6uaokx11.gif

Rozenstruik would be KO’d standing or owned on the ground by stipe. No middle ground, he’d be finished by stipe wherever the fight took place

Remember DC has exceptionally fast hands at heavyweight and good boxing as well

Maybe the Lewis from 5 years ago..

Current Lewis has a lot more than just bombs...He can kick, grapple

Prime Overeem beat those guys...this version of Overeem would get KOed by Hunt, JDS, Roy, etc

I didn't say he had only bombs. He can throw a right high kick, and it's a pretty solid one but thats about all. And I mentioned he had better grappling. This still doesn't explain why you're comparing, we're talking about differences but where are the similarities to compare them on?

I don't know about that. Overeem has slowed down a little but he doesn't seem much different than a couple years ago when those fights happened. He's only been KO'd by Stipe and Ngannou since beating those guys, so it's not like there is reason to think his already finicky chin is gone.

He is better than Lewis in every aspect.
As an athlete, most likely.

But as a fighter, Lewis only has 3 losses in the last 12 fights. He lost to JDS, DC and Hunt but has wins over Gonzaga, Big Country, Browne, Ngannou (not a great win but still), Volkov and Ivanov. I do not see Rozen having that kind of success unless he dramatically improves his ground game and confidence.

His kicks are like a 10 year old kid's, with one week of TKD training. Even Lewis kicks better than that.

Sherdog: 'HW is full of old guys. HW sucks.'

Also sherdog: 'This new, young HW contender sucks.'

(1) Both of those things can be true at the same time.

(2) “Sherdog” isn’t a person withone opinion; it is a forum with many different people posting many different opinions.

Roz has a much better chin and more power than BB. Roz has never been Tkoed by someone of Shawn Jordan caliber and Koed by Mitrione. The only thing BB is better at than Roz is probably the ground and cardio but both guys are already shit in that department

He looked like a top 10 HW last night but that’s not saying much. He has power and a good chin and that usually makes you a top 10 HW. Shrink him and insert him into LHW he would not break top 50. Does not mean he can improve though. Beating Overeem is nowadays not a big win. Overeem is scared of striking with someone who has power and we saw that last night. Overeem is good and used to be very good, it’s just that there are certain fighters he can’t beat even if they are in all other ways vastly inferior.

I reckon overeem would be considered a decent grappler.
Prime Overeem was, he was even an ADCC European champion. This Overeem is a shell of himself, he was telegraphing his shots and had had 0 sub attempts and little gnp.

emlcr6uaokx11.gif

Rozenstruik would be KO’d standing or owned on the ground by stipe. No middle ground, he’d be finished by stipe wherever the fight took place

Why didn't this fighter show up against DC?

Why didn't this fighter show up against DC?
A fair question, but honestly the quality difference between dc and Francis is by far the biggest factor. Daniel is a more skilled boxer than Francis and his hands come a lot faster, partly because they come straight from the chamber with proper technique

Francis is also a much larger guy so stipe could be more elusive and fleet of feet, where Daniel is high IQ and has good feet himself. You won’t be more crafty than Daniel or lure him into any traps. To put it simply, the plans and strategies have to be much different and I think stipe would rather play the quick, athletic role than the taller, longer role.

I think the third fight between them will be the most decisive of the trilogy with stipe winning

It's safe to say the hype surrounding Rozenstruik is over. Nice one pulling off a last minute KO.. Next fight back to the prelims.

emlcr6uaokx11.gif

Now show the gif of Stipe's head getting popped back like a pez dispenser by Ngannou. Also did you not see where I said he had good head movement vs Ngannou? But vs DC, Stipe had terrible head movement. Too bad you casual fucks are too blind to see these things.

Now show the gif of Stipe's head getting popped back like a pez dispenser by Ngannou. Also did you not see where I said he had good head movement vs Ngannou? But vs DC, Stipe had terrible head movement. Too bad you casual fucks are too blind to see these things.
Go to the gym

You don’t know what you’re looking at

UnawareCloudyIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

He was extremely tentative last night. I was critical of him too. But at the end of the day, he stood with overeem for five rounds, disfigured him and knocked him out

Better late than never. Still a great win. The jury’s still out though
While I agree with this it doesn’t change the fact that anybody with wrestling is gonna destroy him. And it’s not going to be pretty. Heck, Couture could come out of retirement, put his camera down, put on some shorts and absolutely terrorize him. Ok, that last part might be hyperbole but you get the point.

Back