Im Sorry, but Rozenstruik looked like a worse version of Derrick Lewis

He looked bad, but he has speed and power. His left hand comes with no telegraph and straight to the target. But other than that...

TS is hella stupid lmao

He probably thinks this cuz they're both black

All he has is ko power. Book him against curtis blaydes next( I want to see if he is the real deal).

Cmon man dude stands with Reem for 25 min almost and you can’t see any skill in that? HW is a different animal than 70s, how some of you cannot comprehend the difference in fight flow and movement is ridiculous.

Tbh I think SD mostly sees every fight like the UFC game on Xbox.

ground game was terrible to non existent.
hands looked incredibly fast, his combos were fluid, he seemed very composed. looked like he was pitter pattering some of his combos.

I bet on Big Boi because I thought he would win the stand up exchanges and be able to avoid any take downs. After all, I can't remember Overeem taking anyone down in many years. It was disenchanting to see how easy he was taken down by horrendous level changes and how can a guy so big/strong/explosive could not get back to his feet? I guess I got lucky. Even Derrick, who is no wizard on the mat seems to be able to get back up better than the Surinamese fighter. Wrestlers will be his kryptonite.

Derrick Lewis challenged for the belt.

He is still a title contender. Its HW.

Stipe has embarrasing poor defense.He literally just stands there flat footed and blocks punches with his face. I could see him KO'ing Stipe in the 1st round. Stipe would have to fight the fight he fought vs Ngannou to beat him.

Yeah that’s why it’s best to have multiple weapons. This is MMA, not boxing. And don’t forget Stipe outboxed Ngannou statistically and subjectively. Admittedly that might not have been the case had Stipe not had his wrestling but that doesn’t change the fact Stipe beat the predator in every aspect of the fight. And don’t sleep on the bombs in Stipe’s hands and Granite chin if wanted to stand against anyone.

Any decent grappler, (Oleinik, Blaydes, Ivanov, even old Werdum) would eat him for lunch. I understand he is a decorated kickboxer, but this is MMA and he looked like a sitting duck on his back. I wouldnt say he was exposed but the hype behind him is unwarranted.

I reckon overeem would be considered a decent grappler.

He has power punches and nothing else. He looked like a helpless fish on the mat

I don't know where you come up with that assessment..? BB wished he could look that good Rozi better than beast in build & fight...

just say its because he's big, black and bald, we know thats what you mean

dude he superman blasted reems lip off his face irl
CarelessLittleAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

I doubt Derrick can count to 5 let alone get to 5rds without a oxygen tank. Rozenstruik still looked fresh and still had pop to spilt Reems lip in two clean pieces with one punch.

Stipe has embarrasing poor defense.He literally just stands there flat footed and blocks punches with his face. I could see him KO'ing Stipe in the 1st round. Stipe would have to fight the fight he fought vs Ngannou to beat him.
Don't think he will block punches with his face versus this guy. Unsure why he did it versus Cormier... Both looked terrible in that fight.

How is he a worse version of Derrick Lewis? Like on what grounds are you comparing them? you didn't list anything that makes them similar. Honestly, is it just because they're black and bald?

Rozenstruik is a lot different. Has kicking game, has a left hand, throws his right hand straight, isn't as big, doen't mind leading but can fight backwards too, is a MUCH more experienced striker with more composure under fire.

Lewis is huge and has gigantic power, only throws from his right side, isn't calm under fire, prefers to counter, generally only throws 'hooks'. Has a better anti-grappling game with his art of "Standdafuckup-jitsu"

Lewis has been wrecked in the striking by guys Overeem beat.

Rozenstruik might end up better overall if his ground game won't be a liability.

Maybe the Lewis from 5 years ago..

Current Lewis has a lot more than just bombs...He can kick, grapple

Prime Overeem beat those guys...this version of Overeem would get KOed by Hunt, JDS, Roy, etc

Doesn’t watch stipe fight clearly

Stipe’s defensive footwork and head movement are top notch
But it isn't. For Stipe to have top notch head movement, he sure does get punched a lot on his head. DC was constantly connecting with Stipes head. Ngannou or Rozenstruik would KO Stipe if they can land that many head shots to Stipe.

Back