Im Sorry, but Rozenstruik looked like a worse version of Derrick Lewis

Ahhh, the old "if he knocked him out like that, he could/should have done it in the first round!"

It's an honest wonder why any fight that ends with a knockout goes past the first 30 seconds?!?!?

Now show the gif of Stipe's head getting popped back like a pez dispenser by Ngannou. Also did you not see where I said he had good head movement vs Ngannou? But vs DC, Stipe had terrible head movement. Too bad you casual fucks are too blind to see these things.

I would imagine takedown defense had a lot to do with the difference in Stipe’s boxing against DC, constantly looking to defend a takedown and box. Against Ngannou, Stipe could put all of his defense into not getting getting hit with a bomb and no worries about a takedown. Changing his game plan to defend against completely different fighters. Seemed to work out for Stipe against both of them. But what do I know, just being a casual and all.

Rozenstruik is an (elite) kickboxer who relies a lot on countering and Overeem was very measured and did well not running into Zinho's counters while also threatening the latter with takedowns and dominant work from ground (and mount).
So the fact that both fighters had such a low output is only a logical consequence on how they match up, not a consequence of the heavyweight divison (or them) being not that good.

Last edited:
Sherdog: 'HW is full of old guys. HW sucks.'

Also sherdog: 'This new, young HW contender sucks.'

They're not the same people saying it. Stop treating "Sherdog" as if it were some singular entity with one collective opinion.

Stipe absolutely tortured Ngannou, so I imagine he would do the same to Rosenstruik. Are you saying that Ngannou doesn't hit as hard as him?

I also think Blaydes would dominate him.

Blaydes is his literal kryptonite.

Rozenstruik can end most guys standing but strong grapplers will clean him out in my opinion. I'm surprised Overeem didn't try grappling more to be honest.

Rozenstruik can end most guys standing but strong grapplers will clean him out in my opinion. I'm surprised Overeem didn't try grappling more to be honest.

Did you see his take down attempts? They looked like those of a high school student on his first wrestling training.
He was so afraid of getting clipped while shooting.

Jaironimo rozenberg will never be a champion but he has a solid kickboxing.
Match him with Ngannou that should be fun

Yeah he looked like shit, this fight was really similar to Volkov vs Lewis.

Allistair made him look bad, hes far from a bad fighter though. His grappling and takedown defense is worrisome though. That alone should be a reason not to fight ngannou next. But it seems he really wants to fight him as soon as possible for some reason.
Rozenstruik is a very solid fighter though and i dont think he was performing bad vs Allistair .
Its just that allistair is capable of making opponents look real bad if he fights a technicall and smart fight and more importantly if his chin holds up. Allistair is one of the best strikers in the HW division and very well rounded on all aspects really. He looked better in shape then his last fights as well and i was surprised at the amount of punches he ate without going down during the entire fight apart from the end ofcourse. He did the same to pavlovich, JDS for example. Both looked terrible vs overeem but were looking good in their previous matches and looked great again in their next match. Its easy to misjudge overeems skills because of his chin, but if the man had a solid chin he would be one of the most dangerous guys in mma for sure.

I would imagine takedown defense had a lot to do with the difference in Stipe’s boxing against DC, constantly looking to defend a takedown and box. Against Ngannou, Stipe could put all of his defense into not getting getting hit with a bomb and no worries about a takedown. Changing his game plan to defend against completely different fighters. Seemed to work out for Stipe against both of them. But what do I know, just being a casual and all.
So basically you gonna ignore Stipes shit head movement vs DC? Dude was just getting constantly tagged in the face but he still got great head movement. You fucking casuals, I tell ya what.

But they can’t.... because of his footwork and head movement lmao

emlcr6uaokx11.gif

Rozenstruik would be KO’d standing or owned on the ground by stipe. No middle ground, he’d be finished by stipe wherever the fight took place

Remember DC has exceptionally fast hands at heavyweight and good boxing as well
Yeah right. Stipe gets put 6 feet under the ground if he fought Rozenstruik or Ngannou again.

Uh his striking is exponentially superior to Lewis who is just a giant powerful slob who throws bombs.

The guy your insulting is a technical Kickboxer with legit striking.

His weakness is he has no ground game and better wrestlers will exploit that.

But that's not saying much. Even that sequence where Rozenstuik tore Reem's lip he looked like trash. Sorry but the level of striking in MMA remains comically bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back