Im Sorry, but Rozenstruik looked like a worse version of Derrick Lewis

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by zxyss25, Dec 8, 2019.

1. PEDS Help me Post

PEDS Help me Post Silver Belt

Stipe's not the GOAT though..... well, maybe of the UFC he is, but not overall HW GOAT.

Typrune Goatley likes this.
  2. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

He’s the best heavyweight fighter I’ve ever seen in mma, for sure. All things considered.

3. PEDS Help me Post

He's got a long way to go to top Fedor as HW GOAT.

4. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

in terms of what? i think skill wise hes probably surpassed fedor in many ways, hes a much more technical striker and with his ability to determine where the fight takes place through his wrestling i would say hes definitely the more well rounded fighter. i would also say his list of wins are better than fedor's. so what does he have to do? be the champ for ten years? we may never see that again at heavyweight.

5. PEDS Help me Post

Much more technical striker? Not really. He's a better offensive boxer, sure. Overall? Not really.

Fedor definitely has the edge in overall grappling. He was able to dictate where the fight took place as well. He also had the ability to finish it with submissions, which Stipe does not have.

Stipe's got great names on his resume but, as we both know, he's tearing through most of them at the end of their careers. He's 4-2 to fighters that are younger or the same age as him, with losses to JDS and Struve and wins over JDS, Ngannou, del Rosario and De Fries.

I think prime Fedor runs through the HWs that Stipe has beaten just as easy.

6. DivineMind

DivineMind Green Belt

His boxing seems even more powerful than Lewis and he has better kicks.

Lewis seems stronger, however - don't think Alistair could keep him down on the ground like he had Rosenstreuk.

7. JarlSkuld

JarlSkuld Brown Belt

"Looking like a shittier version of Derrick Lewis" = Top 10 (in ultra-shallow HW division). Sad!

Jarl

8. kickpuncher

kickpuncher Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You ain't for shit cuck. You are a casual and then you get butt hurt when I call you a casual? Why don't you take a timeout and use some vagisil then come back once you grow some balls?

9. kickpuncher

Wow you stupid. Try and keep up casual.

The orginial comments I was replying to was talking about how great head movement Stipe has, which I was showing was bullshit. If Stipe has such great head movement, then why was he constantly getting hit in the head by DC? Also Stipe has been dropped in a lot of his fights, which shows his lack of head movement. Yes Stipe showed some good head movement vs Ngannou but he also got his head cracked back like a pez dispenser. So if you haven't given up with all these words yet, then you will see that I dont' think Stipe has great head movement. Avg head movement at best.

10. kickpuncher

Yet Stipe has been dropped in a lot of his UFC fights. Not something that happens to someone with great head movement. Also did you forget about the Stipes head being bounced back like a pez dispenser vs Ngannou? There was a reason why Stipe wrastled Ngannou instead of trying to stand and bang.

11. Safton

Safton Blue Belt

Even dudes with remarkable head movement get caught. Yes, Stipe's head movement is inconsistent as best seen in the second DC fight. But you're overstating the case and badly at that.

I can see why you're double-yellowed though.

Grenades likes this.
  12. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

Stipe wouldn’t be controlled by fedor, the fight likely wouldn’t go to the ground at all. Standing up stipe has a distinct advantage I Unix
    Stipe has only been dropped three times in his entire career. Overeem, Junior and cormier. No shame in that. Doesn’t mean his head movement is bad, it means he’s fighting savages. And Ngannou lost the striking battle badly, you should rewatch that fight. Stipe truly schooled him everywhere

13. PEDS Help me Post

I dont think Stipe has an advantage on the feet at all. We've also never seen Stipe fight a top judoka either, so it not likely going to the ground at all has no evidence behind it. On the feet Fedor would have a large speed advantage and Stipe is very hittable.

14. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

Stipe is a way more technical striker. His boxing is way ahead of Fedor’s. Explosive and quick, but fedor was pretty basic standing. Plus, I haven’t seen any evidence fedor could keep stipe down for any amount of time. Cormier is the only guy who has been able to keep top position on him for more than a few seconds and fedor has been controlled on the ground before.

15. PEDS Help me Post

Well it's not a 'technical striking' competition. Stipe was a more technical striker than DC too and still got knocked out in the first fight and was getting mauled in the second. Stipe clearly had issues with DC's speed. Fedor is also a far bigger puncher than Cormier on the feet. Arlovski was a more technical striker than Fedor too and look what happened. So was Crocop. So was Schilt. Speed kills.

16. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

Cormier is fast as hell for the division and also a technical boxer. He never over committed or exposed himself, hunting for a KO. He stayed tight and quick. Fedor didn’t have that style, we know it’s a game of styles

17. PEDS Help me Post

Fedor was fast as hell too, that's why I said speed kills. Except Fedor had way more killshot power than Cormier does. And like I said, Stipe is very hittable.

18. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

Stipe is a really good boxer and defensively as well. Cormier made him look hittable no doubt, but again, Cormier had the skills to stand there and box with stipe. Most guys don’t.

All fantasies at this point though

19. PEDS Help me Post

He's a good boxer but he's still hittable and Fedor had very good accuracy. Cormier was able to hit him because of the speed difference, which Fedor would have as well. Stipe tends to leave his chin up a lot defensively.

20. Final Say

Final Say So Icey Belt

Stipe’s defense and chin is top notch. Cormier is a really good boxer. Fedor wasn’t.