Im Sorry, but Rozenstruik looked like a worse version of Derrick Lewis

Rozenstruik showed in that fight on very short notice against Overeem that will not "crack" under pressure

Lets see Ngannou take a fight on very short notice and still carry his KO power into the 5th round

Full Camp Rozenstruik destroys Overeem & Ngannou in the 1st round

All he has is ko power. Book him against curtis blaydes next( I want to see if he is the real deal).

Blaydes is already fighting JDS and biggie boy's TDD is nowhere near ready enough for Blaydes.

Rozenstruik does have some positives
He has a solid chin, great KO power and did prevent some of Overeems take downs

However, both of these HWs looked slow and below average last night

Overeem is a shell of his prime version. The one that faced Brock...or even the one that faced JDS/Arlowski would have put a beating on Rozenstruik

What Rozenstruik did in Rnd 5, he could have easily done in Rnd 1.
I dont know if its because he has limited cardio, but he should have easily stuffed Reems takedowns (which are telegraphed from a mile away), then made him pay with strikes

This isnt at all like the Black Beast/Volkov comeback. Volkov was actually fighting really well, preventing Black Beast from mounting any significant offense until the end

Black Beast and Ngannanou would starch this Rozenstruik, unless he drastically imrpoves in his next training camp

Give Rozenstruik Rothwell and let Volkov fight Ngannou

Jair is 6 fights into his mma career. You're right that Lewis is probably better right now but it wont be long before Jair is better. He's the better athlete, better striker, has a better chin and is way younger.

Yeah right. Stipe gets put 6 feet under the ground if he fought Rozenstruik or Ngannou again.

Six feet -- the same number of points Francis was down on the scorecards against Stipe when they actually fought rather than this fantasy land you're living in where Ngannou is already challenging for the belt again.

Yeah I wasn’t that impressed. Don’t get me wrong great punch and damage at the end but Reem is like the opposite of Deontay Wilder in that he only has to be bad for 2 seconds and he can lose the fight.

Rozenstruik showed in that fight on very short notice against Overeem that will not "crack" under pressure

Lets see Ngannou take a fight on very short notice and still carry his KO power into the 5th round

Full Camp Rozenstruik destroys Overeem & Ngannou in the 1st round

He wasn't sitting around eating cheeseburgers. He fought 30 days ago vs Arlovski. He took this fight because that fight lasted 30 seconds.

He was in great shape, this was full camp Rozenstruik.

I think his grappling deficiency will make him easy pray for good grapplers. Francis is huge but still cant win against a hw that can get him to the ground. Rosenstruik is one dimensional for sure. Reem controlled him easily and is not known for his great ground skills. He should have used more gnp and tried hard for full amount imo. I think if he got it, the fight would have ended. I know reem has some decent subs but his takedowns looked like shit. Even then he hot the fight to the ground, where he should have finished it. Rosenstruik will be exposed if he gets a grappler like curtis or dc . I know dc never happens, but there re a few decent ground guys in the hws.

So basically you gonna ignore Stipes shit head movement vs DC? Dude was just getting constantly tagged in the face but he still got great head movement. You fucking casuals, I tell ya what.

What I remember is DC in a pile KTFO crying. Musta done something right. And you’re saying Ngannou’s or this new nobody is gonna knock off Stipe’s head? You musta missed the 50-44 clinic Stipe put on Ngannou. Roze will get ground and pounded all day. Not even in Stipe’s league. Calling people a casual doesn’t make you right, especially when you have nothing to back up anything you say. But nice try.

They're actually very different fighters. Rozenstruik's just as powerful as BB, but implements a technical striking style where he looks for an opening for the kill shot. Lewis on the other hand waits for a moment of vulnerability and then goes on a murderous rampage. If he catches his opponent up against the fence or manages to get on top during these moments, then the shit generally ends quickly.

What I remember is DC in a pile KTFO crying. Musta done something right. And you’re saying Ngannou’s or this new nobody is gonna knock off Stipe’s head? You musta missed the 50-44 clinic Stipe put on Ngannou. Roze will get ground and pounded all day. Not even in Stipe’s league. Calling people a casual doesn’t make you right, especially when you have nothing to back up anything you say. But nice try.
So you only remember the KO? What a total casual. DC was hitting Stipe in the head all throughout the fight. Such amazing head movement in that fight (/s).

Also did you miss the part where Ngannou turned Stipe's head into a pez dispenser? There is a reason why Stipe didn't want to stand and it was b/c of the lack of head movement. Stipe has always been very hittable and why he gets dropped in most of his fights.

Six feet -- the same number of points Francis was down on the scorecards against Stipe when they actually fought rather than this fantasy land you're living in where Ngannou is already challenging for the belt again.
Ngannou would flatline Stipe in a rematch. Just how Stipe lost the first match with DC, Ngannou would win the 2nd fight too. Also Stipe head was moving like a pez dispenser too in their first fight.

So you only remember the KO? What a total casual. DC was hitting Stipe in the head all throughout the fight. Such amazing head movement in that fight (/s).

Also did you miss the part where Ngannou turned Stipe's head into a pez dispenser? There is a reason why Stipe didn't want to stand and it was b/c of the lack of head movement. Stipe has always been very hittable and why he gets dropped in most of his fights.

I’m all for civil discourse, but you’re useless to talk to. Have a good one.

I'm not buying the hype either. Theres Stipe, DC and Ngannou, then theres everybody else. Right now Ngannou looks to be in a position where hes just there to kill any prospects before they get to a title shot while Stipe and DC do their thing in the meantime.

I bet on Big Boi because I thought he would win the stand up exchanges and be able to avoid any take downs. After all, I can't remember Overeem taking anyone down in many years. It was disenchanting to see how easy he was taken down by horrendous level changes and how can a guy so big/strong/explosive could not get back to his feet? I guess I got lucky. Even Derrick, who is no wizard on the mat seems to be able to get back up better than the Surinamese fighter. Wrestlers will be his kryptonite.

Unless of course he survives for 4.9 rounds then catches them with their hands down at the end?

Doesn’t watch stipe fight clearly

Stipe’s defensive footwork and head movement are top notch
I know you're the biggest Stipe fan on here, and congrats to him for getting the finish in this fight, but Cormier was absolutely pushing his shit in until that point. And cormier is NOT an elite level striker. Stipe has crisp offense, a good chin, and power, but defensively he's always been weak.

Ngannou would flatline Stipe in a rematch. Just how Stipe lost the first match with DC, Ngannou would win the 2nd fight too. Also Stipe head was moving like a pez dispenser too in their first fight.

So now you're giving Stipe shit for getting punched at all? Absurd.

I know you're the biggest Stipe fan on here, and congrats to him for getting the finish in this fight, but Cormier was absolutely pushing his shit in until that point. And cormier is NOT an elite level striker. Stipe has crisp offense, a good chin, and power, but defensively he's always been weak.
I meant Cormier won two rounds in the second fight, sure. Stipe also had a like a year off so it makes some sense it’d take him awhile to get going

I’d post the gifs but I don’t feel like it

Stipeheadmovement.gif
Stipefootwork.gif

His footwork and head movement are the only reason he beat Francis and a lot of other guys. It’s a big factor in him being the goat

Back