Im sorry, but if Rose does not deserve a rematch, then no one does

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TomTomNT, May 11, 2019.

1. IamStryker

IamStryker Silver Belt

What fight were you watching? Jessica's face was pretty busted.

Mask Of Winters likes this.
  2. BRASIL WAND

BRASIL WAND ▓▓▓AMERICAN TOP TEAM▓▓▓

Night night White Knight

C11A0980-CCB9-4E61-B3B5-CB612DA5EC92.jpeg

Kuksenkov and Yacob like this.
  3. shococham

shococham Purple Belt

So cute that you can insult people you have no chance of ever encountering. You swing a mighty keyboard young padawan.

4. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Oh ok. The rest of us did though. Rose hits hard for a scrawny gal. Again, if anything it adds to Andrade's victory imo.

5. NILLI

NILLI Brown Belt

This is almost what I saw. The first round was bad for Andrea but she clearly adjusted and stopped standing infront of Rose and started really putting on the pressure and going forward. This is what they must do immediately in the rematch. You stand infront of a taller fighter you are gonna get jabbed.

6. Judoka1532

Judoka1532 Judoka1532

Immediately after the fight I would say I guess that would be okay but i'm not a big fan of quick rematches. But following the fight Rose made a critical error in judgment by saying it was a relief to not have the belt anymore. Dana will not like that and will now have second thoughts on whether he even wants them to rematch. Secondly, i'm not sure Rose wants it. I don't understand, didn't she work tirelessly to get that belt?

As for the immediate rematch thing, the fight happened. I'm not a big believe in flukes either. Sometimes, sure. But this wasn't exactly a fluke even though Rose was clearly ahead at that point in the fight.

7. EINTKALILFG

EINTKALILFG Orange Belt

Its a forum, the POINT is to insult idiots that say dumb shit. Grow thicker skin and live your life.

suffersystem likes this.
  8. C0NCH3TO

C0NCH3TO Gold Belt

No. Only champs with 3 plus defenses deserve something.... and thats even a stretch.

9. Sambochampion163

Sambochampion163 White Belt

Its just a bad match up for Rose, Andrade is a tank, it was just matter of time when she connects or does the slam. Joanna is stronger then Rose and have better tdd thats why she could avoid the takendown.

If its worth anything she did look beter then ever Namajunas.

Kuksenkov likes this.
  10. TomTomNT

TomTomNT Purple Belt

Did you even think before typing that shit rofl? Bad match up? She couldnt even catch Rose.. Rose was making her look like she was 45 out there..... Bloodied the fuck up and had to rush wildly swinging eating 2/3 piece combos just to try to have a chance to tag Rose... Which she failed every rush....Rose looked amazing and won every fucking second of that fight up until the slam....

Its like saying "well how did JJ beat her" um.. the same fucking way? Just you know, dont get a fluke slam that puts your lights out that does not happen 99.999999% of the time...Thats a 100% definition of a fluke, its unlikely to ever happen again in her career and saying that Rose did anything but destroy Andrade in that cage is the biggest joke to common sense ever.

Sure Rose lost, and on that fact alone people can argue for days, but its like saying "Matt Serra" beat GSP... yeah well like i said, lucky shit happens from time to time...Rose dominates that fight each and every time... Andrade had no fucking idea what was happening out there.... She was a bloody mess and it was not going to get any easier as the rounds went on.

I dont get whats with random people saying "rose gassed" Like wtf? When has Rose ever gassed... especially in the 2nd fucking round rofl.. Thats a pretty big stretch here folks....If thats what you need to portray in your mind that Andrade was going to win in the later rounds then this is even worse of a beating for Andrade then im even trying to portray.

Spideys sense likes this.
  11. Yacob

Yacob -trains ufc

The land of Marcus Davis, Tim Sylvia, Tim Boetsch
    n6mZstZ.gif

JJ Frog and Mask Of Winters like this.
  12. VAfan

VAfan Silver Belt

the second half is correct. no one does.

fuck instant rematches.

13. venivedivici

venivedivici Brown Belt

Lol @ TS! The butthurt is real

Lint2 likes this.
  14. THAT'S STILL MY BOY

THAT'S STILL MY BOY White Belt

Nope sorry she dose not deserve and immediate rematch. I get alot of people like her and she was winning the match but there wasnt anything like a screw up that would have caused the fight to NC and her reign wasnt that long. The loser hardly ever wins an immediate rematch anyhow so you probably shouldnt want that.

dont sound like she want it either

15. Lint2

Lint2 Brown Belt

I'm having a hard time here, I missed the whole first round due to... sherdog. Damn!

Anyway, looking from a guy who only watched the second (although I heard DC saying that the first one was all Rose's), by the second round Rose wasn't taking the ride of his life. She looked ok, but faaaaar from dominant.

Still, Rose will get the rematch if she wants to, she's belt material, just not sure if immediate.

16. Thaijitsu612

Thaijitsu612 Brown Belt

How can this be called luck? It was a very deliberate technique by Andrade defended very poorly by rose.

I get there is an element of luck to fighting. Shit, I won a match by elbow ko and wasn't even trying to elbow the guy lol.

I even get there's some luck to a no when a guy is just wildly windmilling punches with no set up or strategy to them.

This was neither of those things.

17. SmilinDesperado

SmilinDesperado Silver Belt

NOBODY deserves an immediate rematch.

Unless a banana peel gets tossed in the octagon causing someone to slip and KO themselves, no one should get an immediate rematch when they are KOd or TKOd

Son of Werdum likes this.
  18. leto1776

leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

/thread.

19. Kuksenkov

Kuksenkov White Belt

You Rose fans are the worst, geez.

Luck is what Lewis had against Volkov. What Jessica did to Rose wasn't a fluke nor luck: Rose was breathing heavy already, her lead leg was swollen and red, she WAS slowing down just like she did when Joanna chopped her leg off.

She tried to counter the slam TWICE earlier in the fight, Jessica simply made the necessary adjustment and said "fuck that armbar shit, you ain't doing that again". Rose looked phenomenal in the first round, she even bloodied Jessica, but she's not Joanna; their movement is different (Significant strikes: Rose 55/Jessica 47, Joanna 200+/Jessica less than 70), she doesn't respond well to pressure and much less to clinch work. The question wasn't "Is Rose a better fighter than Jessica?", the question was "Can she handle non-stop pressure and brute strength on grappling exchanges?, and we got our answer, she almost died.

That ain't no fluke.

20. Son of Werdum

Son of Werdum Red Belt

Rose does not deserve an immediate rematch neither does anyone else who gets finished especially in such a brutal way.

Immediate rematches should only be reserved for obvious Shogun/Machida style decision robberies or missed foul call stoppages like Burns/Rumble or TK/Fedor.

Mike likes this.