"I'm having a tough time with my motivation." - Gustafsson

Wait so he broke mentally but went 5 rounds with DC in the fight of 2015?

Wasn't Rumble the guy who got finished by DC?
That's right. He broke mentally but went 5 rounds with DC in the fight of 2015.

That's right. He broke mentally but went 5 rounds with DC in the fight of 2015.

How did he break mentally then? What showed you that he's broken mentally?

He gave DC a much better fight than Rumble did.

The fact that he's been close 2 times should be his motivation

gus would do well at viacom mma i like him but hes stuck in no mans land

Gus needs to take a few fights at HW. He could easily beat alot of guys....who knows, maybe become the champ there.

It must be hard coming up short. Can't see him beating Jones or DC. Shame as I'm a fan but Rumble has his number too. Still a too 5 guy

He needs to ask Conor if he can borrow some books on the Law of Attraction

This guy has had to bad fights in his ufc career....an earlier fight with P.Davis and the rumble fight. He lost to the pound for pound champ jones in an ultra close fight of the decade war.....and lost to an elite heavyweight who is the current 205 champ in a respectable and close fight..

Only one guy can be champ and hes clearly a top 3-4 205er...

He's basically just as good as any LHW in the world, and he's proven that in the Octagon. That being said, I get where he's coming from. I think he'll be back and continue to be a contender.

I dont know anyone else in the UFC who can put the type of beating he put on Jones and DC.

Only fighter to take down both Jones and DC.

Hespect.

Worse thing he did was start believing the hype after the Jones fight or it seems that way to me. Really like Gus but I think all the hyperbole from Bones haters got to him. I don't think it necessarily cost him the DC or Rumble fight but I think it might come into play if he's thinking "Something is REALLY wrong if I"m losing to these guys, I beat Jon Jones"....when, actually, he did come closer to beating JJ then anyone but that one fight doesn't define Jones or Gus. Jones is good enough to have a really bad night and still beat a top tier fighter.And, Gus is capable of improving and I'm glad to see he's trying other resources for training. Somehow I thought, some months ago, he was not getting to other camps enough, liked staying home but that might not be accurate.

Hope he finds the passion, if he doesn't it's MMA's loss. Man, I want to see Gus/Jones rematch no matter title or not.

Sounds like he doesnt have the mental toughness to handle adversity. He will probably never be champion.

You'd think a guy who never became champion would have all kinds of reasons to be motivated.

How did he break mentally then? What showed you that he's broken mentally?

He gave DC a much better fight than Rumble did.
He ran, he lost, and had zero wad in the last round when it was all on the line. He even said so himself.

that fight against cormier was razor thin, i think its a disappointment that fans and everyone take that as a win for one fighter and a loss for another - but the mob needs closure and needs to know who to disrespect and who to hype, so they got to get what they want

Gus put more of a beating on Jones than Rumble or Cormier will/can and he put more of a beating on Cormier than Rumble or Jones have.

War Mauler, he's not a gatekeeper if he can hang with the top two guys. It's more than just statistics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back