Illegal Crossings Into Texas Accelerates

Lmao this shit is gold. Come on guys if it wasn't for immigrants we would be crying about the high prices of vegetables and fruits.

Yawn. Yeah, high wages and tight labor markets will be a killer for the U.S. economy.

Residential homes here in Texas are relatively cheap due to the throat cutting wages of immigrants. It's simple economics guys, I can go on and on about the economic advantages.

No, you can't.

California also has illegals working the construction trade. Housing prices are still high because prices reflect underlying land values more than the difference between low wages and slightly higher wages. Land is cheap in Texas because there is a lot of land and, unlike California, there isn't a crazy environmental movement. It has nothing to do with illegal labor.

Oh and for the sake of argument, white woman between the age of 18-25 with at least one child account for more than 40-45% of welfare.

Cite please.

Yawn. Yeah, high wages and tight labor markets will be a killer for the U.S. economy.

No, you can't.

California also has illegals working the construction trade. Housing prices are still high because prices reflect underlying land values more than the difference between low wages and slightly higher wages. Land is cheap in Texas because there is a lot of land and, unlike California, there isn't a crazy environmental movement. It has nothing to do with illegal labor.

Cite please.

We are talking about Texas right? Who gives a fuck about California.

Look, I'm a Construction Manager for a big commercial contractor in Texas. Most sub-contractors cut down on their labor rates in order for them to win jobs. Immigrants are willing to work for $10-12 hr, if you try to get an American (when I mean American I include white, black, mex-american, etc) they want at least $15.

I was given this information while I was attending school, if I have time I'll look it up for you.

We are talking about Texas right? Who gives a fuck about California.

I thought you were talking about the virtues of illegal aliens in general. Like, isn't it great how they depress U.S. wages.

Look, I'm a Construction Manager for a big commercial contractor in Texas. Most sub-contractors cut down on their labor rates in order for them to win jobs. Immigrants are willing to work for $10-12 hr, if you try to get an American (when I mean American I include white, black, mex-american, etc) they want at least $15.

And that's the way it should be. Why should American wages be dragged down to the lowest common denominator?

Good. I hope a lot of them will be able to vote and make changes one day to help suit their needs. They might be the only ones who can fight back against what's wrong in the US too.

Good. I hope a lot of them will be able to vote and make changes one day to help suit their needs. They might be the only ones who can fight back against what's wrong in the US too.

Yeah, they've been doing wonders down south for the political system. Good thinking.

Why can't they stay in mexico etc and do that? Democracy and social justice sounds like just what Latin American countries need. They can pass taxes and living wage laws and redistribute their way to success. Or something.

White people lock up your daughters.
I have 6 kids, with 4 different white girls. All on welfare. How does that make you feel? Lol!

Since you put it that way, welcome to America....

cartoon-crossing-border-fre.jpg

cartoon-for-m3-001.jpg

glenn-mccoy_o-dreamillegals.jpg

dontgetit.jpg

I thought you were talking about the virtues of illegal aliens in general. Like, isn't it great how they depress U.S. wages.

And that's the way it should be. Why should American wages be dragged down to the lowest common denominator?

At the end of the day we don't care because we increase our profits by subs cutting down on their quotes. We are happy due to our high profit margin, the owner is happy because we finish projects under budget, and the subs are happy for having work. When your are talking about multi-million dollar jobs, cutting down $5-7 wages per worker saves you a ton of money = more bonus and other great benefits for us (CMs).

Let me give you another concrete fact that I saw. A few months ago we had a shortage of workers. We were falling behind on schedules because we didn't have man power nor our subs had the manpower to keep up. We put up signs outside our office and sites to lure potential employees. In the entire week had very few people come in to apply. When I mean few I'm talking 4-6 people a week. Most of these were born in the USA but would ask for $15-20 hourly wages for labor work. This is the response I got from one of them when we would tell them we were paying $10-12/hr starting off and I quote "Mah man, we ain't going to be working out in the sun for that change. I need at least $15 to get of my bed." We would eventually hire this fuckers and would keep them working in order to get something done. As the months passed by more immigrant workers began applying for the jobs, and guess what we woulf fire the lazy fucks that weren't productive. I'm not saying all USA labor workers are lazy but out of 10, 3-4 are good. I can keep going and going on why immigrants are the labor force here in Texas, and it's not only because of the low wages they accept but of the high productivity.

At the end of the day we don't care because we increase our profits by subs cutting down on their quotes. We are happy due to our high profit margin, the owner is happy because we finish projects under budget, and the subs are happy for having work. When your are talking about multi-million dollar jobs, cutting down $5-7 wages per worker saves you a ton of money = more bonus and other great benefits for us (CMs).

Let me give you another concrete fact that I saw. A few months ago we had a shortage of workers. We were falling behind on schedules because we didn't have man power nor our subs had the manpower to keep up. We put up signs outside our office and sites to lure potential employees. In the entire week had very few people come in to apply. When I mean few I'm talking 4-6 people a week. Most of these were born in the USA but would ask for $15-20 hourly wages for labor work. This is the response I got from one of them when we would tell them we were paying $10-12/hr starting off and I quote "Mah man, we ain't going to be working out in the sun for that change. I need at least $15 to get of my bed." We would eventually hire this fuckers and would keep them working in order to get something done. As the months passed by more immigrant workers began applying for the jobs, and guess what we woulf fire the lazy fucks that weren't productive. I'm not saying all USA labor workers are lazy but out of 10, 3-4 are good. I can keep going and going on why immigrants are the labor force here in Texas, and it's not only because of the low wages they accept but of the high productivity.

High productivity, and shitty work. The houses in Houston, are fucking crap, crooked, doors, slanted walls, sagging roofs, uneven floors, cracked sheet-rock, all within a year after people move into these cheap ass houses.

Yes, Illegal foreign nationals do work, and they work quick and for less, but unless there's a supervisor watching and directing every move, they'll fall back to bullshit, and its not an even trade for the Country overall.

yep and in California they have their very own drivers license office, they'll get free healthcare and all kinds of government benefits......

life is good to be an illegal..... or i mean "undocumented worker".....

Without politically correct euphemisms (soft language) what would there be to laugh at these days?

Typical ignorant Republicans. Without us, you guys will starve therefore it is better to get rid of the borders.

Maybe all the helpless city people will starve, but those of us that own farm land grow our own food, and raise our own animals and are completely sustainable on our own.

Not everyone is subject to your theory that without mexican farmers everyone will die of starvation.

Yes, low wages are great for you. You can privatize the gains for yourself and socialize the losses. Bad schools? Higher crime? Shoddier work? That's no problem for you.

And higher wages counter higher prices. Yes, labor costs go up, but so do wages for American workers. Not by government fiat, but by supply and demand built around a social contract between Americans.

Higher labor costs will also force you to think about increasing productivity, which is also good for American wages. It forces businesses to get creative instead of just trying to constantly lowball workers' wages.

What your example shows is that there is no such thing as a shortage of workers. There's supply and demand. You're not willing to pay a high enough wage to attract American workers, so you prefer an open-ended system which allows you to undercut unemployed Americans by importing non-American workers.

Maybe all the helpless city people will starve, but those of us that own farm land grow our own food, and raise our own animals and are completely sustainable on our own.

Not everyone is subject to your theory that without mexican farmers everyone will die of starvation.

Got to love that statement from ranchers nowadays, the same happen in mexico, we ranchers drive the country, while being the bitchies bitches in the end.

Lets end all subsidies and open all border to agricultural products lets see how these growers subsist without massive subsidies and protectionist policies.

High productivity, and shitty work. The houses in Houston, are fucking crap, crooked, doors, slanted walls, sagging roofs, uneven floors, cracked sheet-rock, all within a year after people move into these cheap ass houses.

Yes, Illegal foreign nationals do work, and they work quick and for less, but unless there's a supervisor watching and directing every move, they'll fall back to bullshit, and its not an even trade for the Country overall.

Thats true for every kind of worker out there in any part of the world where the worker is paid for productivity.

Paying for productivity requires supervisors to ensure quality, paying for hour requires supervisors to ensure they are working.

Yes, low wages are great for you. You can privatize the gains for yourself and socialize the losses. Bad schools? Higher crime? Shoddier work? That's no problem for you.

And higher wages counter higher prices. Yes, labor costs go up, but so do wages for American workers. Not by government fiat, but by supply and demand built around a social contract between Americans.

Higher labor costs will also force you to think about increasing productivity, which is also good for American wages. It forces businesses to get creative instead of just trying to constantly lowball workers' wages.

Socialize? do you realize business pay taxes? coming from someone whose country was turned to trash by government meddling in the free market, i can tell you, its always great on paper but bad on practice.

The problem with the american decline of the middle class is the lack of taxation and subsequent spending on social programs, your country taxes too little and most taxes go to corporations thanks to lobbyism, so there is less money for the small man.

Other first world countries also have illegal immigration and low minimum wages but they are not that crappy for the little guy because there is a lot of government assistance due to the fact that they have a decent tax policy.

Socialize? do you realize business pay taxes?

A cost which they pass along to the consumer.

The problem with the american decline of the middle class is the lack of taxation and subsequent spending on social programs, your country taxes too little and most taxes go to corporations thanks to lobbyism, so there is less money for the small man.

No, it's not. It's that we've been busy importing an underclass into U.S. society over the last fifty years, and it's finally catching up to us.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/05/hispanic-immigration-and-poverty/361523/

Other first world countries also have illegal immigration and low minimum wages but they are not that crappy for the little guy because there is a lot of government assistance due to the fact that they have a decent tax policy.

Name these countries.

What your example shows is that there is no such thing as a shortage of workers. There's supply and demand. You're not willing to pay a high enough wage to attract American workers, so you prefer an open-ended system which allows you to undercut unemployed Americans by importing non-American workers.

Welcome to capitalism my friend!

Are you a construction inspector?

Wage laws are turrible. We all use cheap labor and try to make ourselves feel better by voting for stupid wage floors while knowingly eating food picked by illegals and wearing clothing made by child slaves (see Zoolander) and living in houses built by illegals.

Back