News Ihor Potieria appeals loss against Michel Pereira

Has there ever been a fight when an appeal was ever approved?
Charles Oliveira and Nik Lentz had their first fight get overturned from a RNC victory for Oliveira to a NC after Oliveira landed an illegal knee on Lentz that hurt him and helped Oliveira get the win

Last edited:
AC works in misterious ways, Sonnen mentioned that Werdum's fight where the guy taps and then ko's him was overturned overnight, even before an appeal could had been actually filed, i guess some were actually approved but this one aint it, Pereira did sort of hit his head but it wasnt DQ worthy imo, it doesnt even lead to a KO, the guy got submitted standing up.

He's Ukrainian, his people have been through a lot. I say he deserves a rematch to keep their spirits high.

Why all this Ihor hate? What have I missed?

Hilarious how everyone hates this guy just because he beat up Shogun. What was he supposed to do? Just not fight and be his punching bag?

They hate that he did the taunt at the end, but like, he was doing a duelist taunt, and his fight name is literally "The Duelist" haha. It's not like it was anything personal against Shogun.

As much as I like Michel, If the illegal knee hit the neck and head by a little, the fight should be turned into a NC. But they didn't even change Chris Eyedman fight where he pokes the opponent four times and won by literally poking both eyes. I don't think they will change the result of the Michel fight, a unclear foul with much less significance.

I would like to see more angles of the video to see exactly where the knee landed

But that doesn't take away the incredible performance by Michel. He even said, that backflip was a risk he took. Michel have to fight a ranked opponent next.

Headline of the article says he wants a NC so he just doesn't want the loss on his record and rightfully so. It was a hard hit and very illegal.
He literally said 4 commissions said it would be a DQ and made it seem that's what he wants

Yes, but it's an extreme rarity. Chas Skelly appealed a loss to Bobby Moffett, and the loss was eventually changed to a no-contest. That's the only one that I can think of.

Back