If you want to know exactly how Edmond FAILED to teach Ronda defense, look inside.

To call people sheep for pointing out obvious issues like her stance and the ridiculous pad over the head move, well I don't know how else to put it.

The fight was Friday, that gif has existed for at least a year. Why bring it up now? You're just piling on like all the other sheep.

Interesting technical posts. However, no amount of proper training and technique is going to overcome her inability to take a punch.

I thought Holm caught her just right with a punch that put her in a daze. Then, within the first few punches by Nunes, she had that same red-faced, where-am-I look. Gal can't take a punch and that can't be taught. She can run, bob, weave, whatever but eventually she's going to get hit and lose...and now everyone knows that.

That gif is embarrassing. She showed not an inkling of motivation to move her head at all. Edmond is going to get this girl killed.

Ronda HAS to learn boxing or some other striking art. She can't just magically teleport into the clinch. She has to know what to do while on the way in.

She only need to know a couple tricks. A right hand lead into a clinch. A dipping jab to get in on their hips. Left hook into a non committal double to get the clinch. Learn how to cut the cage off, use that Bas Rutten right push kick when you've cut them off, throw hard punches and clinch. Lead with basic punches be first, then immediately clinch afterwards.

Watch how Diaz used a high guard and half hearted leg attacks to back McGregor into the fence then proceed to cave his skull in.

Edmond sucks, like really sucks, at MMA striking. I watching him fight an absolute can and nearly get KO'd.

His coaching is absolutely horrible. Not to mention the guy is literally a convicted fraud.

Last edited:
His left hook is sooo high, like a foot over her head. What a joke

Hitting pads is the problem, its not a realistic scenario and honestly ehat is it for? Just repeat movement and punch momentum thqt you likely wont be able to use effectivlet anyways.

I mean? Doew anyone else do pads? Maywheather, klitchko, connor, tyson fury?

And yeah edmund is the coach and a slimeball but if ronda didnt realized the methods are a joke since he holm fight that is on her not edmund
Mayweather does pads like crazy with uncle rog

to me it always looked weird the way edmond kisses ronda, even before this last fight i noticed.
are they lovers or what?
They were in the past.

You know what else takes forever to learn, Karate. And everyone shits on it as ineffective, only with boxing you have more Stephen Thompson analouges to point at in stating it's effectiveness so it doesn't get shat on.

Looks DBZish with the combos, but Edmund seems to not work on footwork at all. Maybe Chael is right in saying that all they do is pad combos

I have no doubt there are times when he teaches correct form, but the problem is there are many examples of the opposite. There shouldn't be ANY examples of teaching poor technique from a professional trainer who instructs an athlete at the top level of their sport.

The only instance I can find of Edmond chucking the mitts at Ronda's head is the open workout for UFC 190, which incidentally was the only time I've ever seen Ronda display anything resembling decent fundamental form. In the rest of the training vids and open workouts I can find he either doesn't throw at her at all or throws well over her head. I've literally spent an hour watching training vids and this is all I can find.

(vid is timestamped right before the duck under)

Or I can pull up a random Joanna vid and the trainer is throwing at her head, and she's doing entries, combos, head movement, and exits, she's not just standing there hitting pads.

SBG would call her training failings a "lack of aliveness". Of course, we all know SBG is top level bullshido and doesn't work in real life...Oh wait! Hold on! What year is this? Damn!

Portland-MMA-Coach-Matt-Thornton-with-Irelands-Youngest-Purple-Belt.jpg

000d29c8-800.jpg

Edmond robbed us of what could ve been one of the most dominant female prize fighters ever
rather he gave us glob honda

SBG would call her training failings a "lack of aliveness". Of course, we all know SBG is top level bullshido and doesn't work in real life...Oh wait! Hold on! What year is this? Damn!

Portland-MMA-Coach-Matt-Thornton-with-Irelands-Youngest-Purple-Belt.jpg

000d29c8-800.jpg

I hate your stupid comment.

But, that's a cool picture.

We'll call it a draw.

I hate your stupid comment.

But, that's a cool picture.

We'll call it a draw.
Do you hate the truth too? Matt Thornton was considered a bullshido artist and a fraud for a long time in "respected" martial arts circles. Then, it's the respected martial arts circles that started to look more and more like bullshido! Thornton has no direct connection to Conor but the whole SBG philosophy is based on aliveness and the adaptation of training regimen to reach specific goals or counter specific opponents.

It is bullshido no-more now that Conor walks around with the SBG logo. Before Conor joined the UFC, it was much harder finding proud supporters of SBG on Sherdog...

"They were few in number but the look in their eyes told all who beheld them that they would leave this day, only in victory or death."

Such padwork.. -_- Maybe she should really take Mayweather up on his offer to help her with her boxing, if she's gonna be so intent to believe she's a striker

I think we all agree Count Dracula is sucking Ronda dry. What's is his take from the 3mil? 15-20%
You would have to ask his wife. He doesn't own the gym or know what money is. He is just there out of the kindness of his heart.

At least that's what he tells the IRS.

Feet positioning : far too spread, that's wrong boxing and wouldn't help grapplers trying to set takedowns, would make it more dificult, any level change wold be telegraphed.

Shoulder-To-Ear : Ronda doesn't get it. She forcers her head towards he shoulder when she punches, which is why she looks retarded shadowboxing. Edmond says "good good" all the time she does it. Ugh.

Twisting the wrist while extending her arm : he probably wants her to do the corkscrew technique. But she does it all wrong, instead of increasing speed or power, it does the opposite. Another thing she probably didn't get and he kept her doing it all wrong. Corkscrew punches have a lot of benefits when done correctly.

Too lead foot heavy, drags her back foot when she steps in. big no-no.

Back