If you want to know exactly how Edmond FAILED to teach Ronda defense, look inside.

tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Edmond sends his left hook sailing over her head so she doesn't have to duck.

You're supposed to actually aim for the head so the student is forced to defend.

Edmind is basically letting Ronda flail away with poor form, without any correction.

There are many other video examples of his sh*tty padwork, even in the countdown videos for UFC 207.

Bonus points for those who can identify all the other glaring errors in this so-called "padwork."

fucking lol

All of that pad work is just that, pad work! She's just firing and drilling those combos away but that's not a fight situation.

We can only assume she was not sparring and finding ways to implement strikes. The only way she would unload one of those combos if someone was stunned.

She's missing all of the in between game ! The setup, the faints , reading her opponent ,The sweet science!!!

Standing in front of your opponent with no head movement clearly indicates You have not been sparring.

Everything that Ronda and Edmond do should be based on very simple, efficient striking, and TONS of defensive techniques and movement designated to help her close distance as safely as possible, get off the cage when rocked and cover and move when swarmed.

Ronda is NEVER going to stand with Holm or Nunes or the likes. Admitting that and the training simple, high percentage striking lots of slip/cover/angle/clinch or reset type stuff s what she needs.

I always go back to the example of Randy Couture, another fighter who depended heavily on getting to the clinch to do his best work. He was never going to successfully trade fists with any of the superior strikers in his divisions, but he did have a simple consistent system for getting past their punches and into the clinch. It's surprising how well the simple punch & duck under worked out for him, all he needed was a basic 1-2 and some slips & head movement to get inside & secure the clinch.

I always go back to the example of Randy Couture, another fighter who depended heavily on getting to the clinch to do his best work. He was never going to successfully trade fists with any of the superior strikers in his divisions, but he did have a simple consistent system for getting past their punches and into the clinch. It's surprising how well the simple punch & duck under worked out for him, all he needed was a basic 1-2 and some slips & head movement to get inside & secure the clinch.

Exactly. Good example of what I was trying to explain.

tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Edmond sends his left hook sailing over her head so she doesn't have to duck.

You're supposed to actually aim for the head so the student is forced to defend.

Edmind is basically letting Ronda flail away with poor form, without any correction.

There are many other video examples of his sh*tty padwork, even in the countdown videos for UFC 207.

Bonus points for those who can identify all the other glaring errors in this so-called "padwork."
I knew what I was going to see in this thread before seeing it. Yeah basically ronda's trainers made her think she is perfect and the best at everything, this gave her confidence and resulted in some spectacular finishes against soccer moms but against some decent opposition, well yeah it might have been better to acknowledge her weaknesses and work on them

Respectfully disagree. In muay thai or mma, you shouldn't bob your head to the exaggerated degree that Joe Frazier did for example, folded over looking at the ground, but quick head movements, while still keeping the torso upright, are still very useful. In muay thai, Samart and Somluck Khamsing have successfully implemented head movement, and Cody Gabrant and Conor are the latest examples of successful use of fundamental boxing movement in MMA.

"Never bob the head in MT/MMA," is going to be one of those outdated truisms just like "Don't high kick in MMA" was 10 years ago.

I've seen several fighters weave into strikes but I agree with what you are saying. Even boxers weave into the wrong places and get thumped but the reward outward the risk.

Never understood the theory of not bobbing in MMA. Couture made Sylvia look like a fool while doing it. Got to understand your opponents abilities.

Respectfully disagree. In muay thai or mma, you shouldn't bob your head to the exaggerated degree that Joe Frazier did for example, folded over looking at the ground, but quick head movements, while still keeping the torso upright, are still very useful. In muay thai, Samart and Somluck Khamsing have successfully implemented head movement, and Cody Gabrant and Conor are the latest examples of successful use of fundamental boxing movement in MMA.

"Never bob the head in MT/MMA," is going to be one of those outdated truisms just like "Don't high kick in MMA" was 10 years ago.
To be fair, just because Samart and Somluck did it doesnt mean everyone can do it

This is a perfect example of folks taking one moment in time and extrapolating the bajeezus out of it to bash a fighter.

What about all the other workouts where Edmond properly throws at her and she ducks? Why no gifs of those?

This is a perfect example of folks taking one moment in time and extrapolating the bajeezus out of it to bash a fighter.

What about all the other workouts where Edmond properly throws at her and she ducks? Why no gifs of those?

I have no doubt there are times when he teaches correct form, but the problem is there are many examples of the opposite. There shouldn't be ANY examples of teaching poor technique from a professional trainer who instructs an athlete at the top level of their sport.

I have no doubt there are times when he teaches correct form, but the problem is there are many examples of the opposite. There shouldn't be ANY examples of teaching poor technique from a professional trainer who instructs an athlete at the top level of their sport.

Until you can explain the context of that gif in the OP, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You guys are just piling on, like the sheep that you are.

She starts that combination in range and ends it in range, this is why she gets destroyed and doesnt understand distance at all. What a joke, ive seen local clubs with better pad holders then that guy.

Until you can explain the context of that gif in the OP, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You guys are just piling on, like the sheep that you are.

How much does he charge you to train there? lol good god, you're lost.

I'm still amazed that Joe Rogan claimed that this was great striking. What the fuck was wrong with him?
Most people don't know shit about boxing

And it's worse in MMA because they think they do because of their connection to combat sports so they are arrogant in their ignorance and thus less likely to learn

How much does he charge you to train there? lol good god, you're lost.

How am I lost? Give me specifics. You're just pointing and laughing like the other sheep.

I've seen several fighters weave into strikes but I agree with what you are saying. Even boxers weave into the wrong places and get thumped but the reward outward the risk.

Never understood the theory of not bobbing in MMA. Couture made Sylvia look like a fool while doing it. Got to understand your opponents abilities.

weaving doesnt work as "well" in kick boxing, MT and MMA because you put yourself at risk weaving into a kick or knee. That doesn't mean it doesn't work, but its like you said, know your opponent, I see a lot of good kickers stop using kicks once they reach the top teir opposition because catching the kick can put them on their ass real quick. Doesnt mean guys dont kick, but they kick less vs good wrestlers.

Weaving has its place and if you are fast enough can be used but if your wrong and eat a shin it can change a fight real quick lol

How am I lost? Give me specifics. You're just pointing and laughing like the other sheep.

To call people sheep for pointing out obvious issues like her stance and the ridiculous pad over the head move, well I don't know how else to put it.

Back