If you want to know exactly how Edmond FAILED to teach Ronda defense, look inside.

Hitting pads is the problem, its not a realistic scenario and honestly ehat is it for? Just repeat movement and punch momentum thqt you likely wont be able to use effectivlet anyways.

I mean? Doew anyone else do pads? Maywheather, klitchko, connor, tyson fury?

And yeah edmund is the coach and a slimeball but if ronda didnt realized the methods are a joke since he holm fight that is on her not edmund

She's just horrible. That's it. Edmonds shitty coaching doesn't help either. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I really do believe that clip of him throwing the hook over her head is a macrocosm of the way he teaches her. He's the ultimate yes-man. He's in the friend zone. He's the desperate guy who loses a bowling game to a girl on purpose and then compliments her on her technique.

I've watched a video of Edmund doing pads with that Marina girl and it's nothing short of embarrassing. Zero thoughts on defense, he lifts the pad over her had like he does here with Ronda, has her throwing body shots while completely upright with her chin in the air, she can't even throw a jab properly and he's just saying 'good', 'nice' and 'I like it' over and over again.

You would honestly be better off taking boxercise classes than having striking coaching from this fraud because he so bad that he will do far more harm than good.

Poor Ronda fell into the trap of so many WMMA fighters before her

She couldn't handle being hit in the face. At all
Holly Holm had to ruin it all for us.

she clearly doesnt get good sparring. nothing more nothing less

Use your judo son.... TF is wrong with her. Tell anderson to stop throwing kicks too...

I'm $till amazed that Joe Rogan claimed that thi$ wa$ great $triking. What the fuck wa$ wrong with him?

I really wonder

v9POJ73.png

So this is normal. Nerds wanna sit at home and use other people fails as a way to make themself look like a expert.

This is a very legitimate point when you're coaching boxing. That's the first problem. The second bigger problem is that this isn't boxing we're talking about. Edmond isn't an MMA coach and not even a kickboxing or Muay Thai coach. Ronda shouldn't even be taught to bob her head because you never do that in a Muay Thai or MMA fight because you will get your head kneed to oblivion. I had a guy working me on the boxing mits and he would swing his hook so low on bobs that I ended up sitting on my butt and he still hit me in the scalp, but that's obviously overdoing it.

Ronda threw some pretty pathetic teeps in her fight against Nunes and Nunes walked through them and punched Ronda in the face. Ronda got kicked in the legs and she couldn't check them. Ronda has never thrown any round house kicks to the leg, body or head. Someone who doesn't come from a boxing background is not going to suddenly become a champion caliber boxer.
You shouldn't bob in Muay Thai or mma because of the threat of kick and knees? Don't be so naive. In boxing there is a strike that threatens from below too, it's called an uppercut. If you mindlessly bob in predictable patterns then you're vulnerable to being hit from under with a knee, kick or uppercut. You're just reciting bullshit you heard and don't actually understand the sport. Did you miss Goatbrandt bobbing and weaving and stunting all over Cruzs ass?

Last edited:
Or maybe, mma fighters shouldn't focus on boxing if they suck at it.

Because so many mma fighters move to the states to train now, boxing is way overemphasized in this sport. It's easily the hardest martial art of all the major ones to learn; you could train boxing for years and still be absolutely terrible at it. I also don't think people realize how hard it is to find a really quality boxing coach, especially since most of them don't want to spent time on mma fighters and think mma is an amateurish sport.

You can learn from the best boxing coaches in the world, doesn't mean the actual technique will translate perfectly into mma.

Same goes for BJJ/Wrestling/MT/KB/karate/etc...

It's up to the fighters to actually take what they can from each style and put it to good use in mma. That is what most fighters have issues with.

You have NCAA champion wrestlers getting outwrestled.
You have BJJ champion getting outgrappled and subbed.
You have MT fighters getting knocked the fuck out by non MT fighters.
You have boxing base fighters getting knocked out by non boxing fighters.
You see where I am going with this?

It's bits and pieces of every art that makes a great fighter, and how he puts it all together.

Or maybe, mma fighters shouldn't focus on boxing if they suck at it.

Because so many mma fighters move to the states to train now, boxing is way overemphasized in this sport. It's easily the hardest martial art of all the major ones to learn; you could train boxing for years and still be absolutely terrible at it.

There is some truth to your statement.

The main thing is that you shouldn't focus too much on anything that you suck at (in the context of failing objectivity and not playing to your strengths), and I think that's the biggest problem with Ronda/Edmond is that they can't game plan well. I don't mean just game planning for a specific fight and fighter, but I mean in how Edmond is trying to build Ronda up as a fighter.

She is obviously a pretty strong grappler with some natural inclination towards grappling arts. She is obviously not naturally inclined towards striking. Would a better boxing coach or MT coach help her more than Edmond? Probably, but I "think" it's pretty obvious at this point that Ronda isn't destined to have good hands and good movement in terms of striking, so spending a lot of time on that is useless. Ronda needs to build skills that fit well with strategies that play to her strengths. We know she can toss or sweep most people if she gets a strong clinch. We know she can sub people on the ground. Working long, drawn out boxing combo's on the feet does nothing to help her play to her strengths.

Everything that Ronda and Edmond do should be based on very simple, efficient striking, and TONS of defensive techniques and movement designated to help her close distance as safely as possible, get off the cage when rocked and cover and move when swarmed.

Ronda is NEVER going to stand with Holm or Nunes or the likes. Admitting that and the training simple, high percentage striking lots of slip/cover/angle/clinch or reset type stuff s what she needs.

But honestly, I think what we saw against Nunes was a least 60% psychological. Holm broke er.

Last edited:
I'm still amazed that Joe Rogan claimed that this was great striking. What the fuck was wrong with him?

he was doing his job: giving casual fans and nuthuggers the UFC Kool Aid Rhonda is great Flavor.

tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Edmond sends his left hook sailing over her head so she doesn't have to duck.

You're supposed to actually aim for the head so the student is forced to defend.

Edmind is basically letting Ronda flail away with poor form, without any correction.

There are many other video examples of his sh*tty padwork, even in the countdown videos for UFC 207.

Bonus points for those who can identify all the other glaring errors in this so-called "padwork."
We've said it b4, Edmund's pad work, is just there to "PAD" her ego

tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Edmond sends his left hook sailing over her head so she doesn't have to duck.

You're supposed to actually aim for the head so the student is forced to defend.

Edmind is basically letting Ronda flail away with poor form, without any correction.

There are many other video examples of his sh*tty padwork, even in the countdown videos for UFC 207.

Bonus points for those who can identify all the other glaring errors in this so-called "padwork."

from what i see most pad work tends to pivot. and that is very static.

I agree with some of the sherdoggers here, SHE NEEDED DEFENSIVE TRAINING to overcome holly and nunes but asking that to edmund is like asking Joe Rogan to be unbiased.

Back