If you could reverse one decision in mma history

Romero did not beat izzy, not even close. He should have gotten the win over whitaker though easy and the costa fight was debatable

I was there live. The crowd overwhelmingly booed the decision. As I was walking out I was keeping my eyes open for any Adesanya fans celebrating. Oddly, none, almost as if they were ashamed of him getting it (like I was when GSP got the nod he didn't deserve).

Surveys done since also confirmed that most people had Romero winning, as the TS showed, so "not even close" is your biased opinion.

Either Machida vs Davis or Machida vs Rampage. Not like they were hugely impactful fights, but I always thought they were instances where the scoring system failed or was poorly applied.

That, or GSP vs Hendricks. Would've had the same result in the long run with GSP retiring and Hendricks being the next champ, but it would've been a cleaner transition.

I would reverse the decision that MMA needs judges.
MMA doesn't need judges.
The only way to win is stoppage and every fight that goes the distance is always a draw, because if both fighters are still willing and able to fight there simply is no winner.
This way the sport is pure and fight records are always 100% clear, since there are no gift wins or stupid decisions by stupid judges.
The judges have to go just like the people who think MMA needs judges.

Still would not be "pure" or "100% clear". Refs have a huge impact and vary wildly in their decisions.
Fighters that do illegal things and don't get disqualified, while others do. Some fights called early, others late. Fighters get waved off after their opponent had been hurt even more earlier in the fight. Fights like Lawler/ Askren, etc.

Approximately half of all decisions are quite clear who was winning. It isn't like they are picking out of a hat (generally). That said, yes some decisions go badly.

As much nostalgia as I have for when I started watching in '96, some things are better now. Most of us don't want half of the fights being called a draw when a fighter is clearly winning, and we don't want 1-2 hour fights. The scoring system should just be tweaked to better reflect what's actually happening.

You poor sad lad, watch the 3rd round again, then look at the stats specifically the significant strikes. Lastly come back chastened and admit what an egregious error you've made. And for the record there's zero argument to be made that Max won the 4th or 5th rounds.
Basing opinions on significant strikes numbers is so 2019.

Bj vs GSP 1.

CheerfulElegantAmericanavocet-max-1mb.gif

O yeah
Diego Sanchez vs. Martin Kampmann.
Oh yeah, remember that one ... Jeeeez, I really wanna have those substances that let you view the world in such terms that make you argue why Sanchez won that fight.

Hendo vs Bisping II for me easily. I wanted Hendo to go out on top with the belt.

BJ vs GSP 1.
I felt BJ did enough to get the nod in that one.
that one should have clearly been a draw.
10-8 BJ
10-9 gsp
10-9 gsp.
28-28
actually easy fight to score not sure why BJ didnt get a 10-8 first?

I was there live. The crowd overwhelmingly booed the decision. As I was walking out I was keeping my eyes open for any Adesanya fans celebrating. Oddly, none, almost as if they were ashamed of him getting it (like I was when GSP got the nod he didn't deserve).

Surveys done since also confirmed that most people had Romero winning, as the TS showed, so "not even close" is your biased opinion.
It was a close fight. could have gone either way. i thought Romero edged it but neither fighter should have been confident going into the decision. Thing is, Romero could have won it outright if he wrestled more. strange fight

Shogun/Machida is #1 and even though I'm not a fan of his, Hendricks deserved to beat GSP.

Some will say Jones/Gus but I thought Jones scraped it out barely. Plus, with how Gus' career turned out, he would have lost the rematch or been a paper champion. At least Jones is still special.

Cruz vs Dillashaw, so that TJ gets to crush the title hopes of Faber and Garbrandt back-to-back.

Back