If you could reverse one decision in mma history

filthynumber1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Which would it be?
The easy answer is shogun/machida I but thats too easy

And I'll get lit for this choice

My pick is Romero/izzy bc Isreal talked so much smack claiming to be the first to finish yoel in the ufc and after getting clipped in the first he did fuck all. Problem Romero didn't do much either. Still Romero edged it

Honorable pride mention
Ricco got robbed against big Nog. That was bullshit

Which would it be?

My pick is Romero/izzt bc Isreal was so cocky claiming to be the first to finish yoel in the ufc and after getting clipped in the first he did fuck all. Problem Romero didn't do much either. Still Romero edged it

Honorable pride mention
Diego Sanchez vs. Martin Kampmann.

Which would it be?

My pick is Romero/izzy bc Isreal talked so much smack claiming to be the first to finish yoel in the ufc and after getting clipped in the first he did fuck all. Problem Romero didn't do much either. Still Romero edged it

Honorable pride mention

@gono btw

Jones Reyes, thought Reyes won that fight and it was a pretty easy to score 3 rounds to 2 scorecard. Most egregious decision that should be changed though would have to be Sanchez beating Pearson.

Romero did not beat izzy, not even close. He should have gotten the win over whitaker though easy and the costa fight was debatable

holloway vs volk 2

no way volk won the last 3 rounds
You poor sad lad, watch the 3rd round again, then look at the stats specifically the significant strikes. Lastly come back chastened and admit what an egregious error you've made. And for the record there's zero argument to be made that Max won the 4th or 5th rounds.

Romero did not beat izzy, not even close. He should have gotten the win over whitaker though easy and the costa fight was debatable
Go back and watch it. You may see it differently. Romero had his moments. It was close

I do agree with your other assessments

Last edited:
If the first Penn-Edgar fight had actually been scored correctly for Penn, think of how different the history of the LW division would be and the FW division for that matter.

No Edgar-Maynard trilogy, no Edgar-Hendo fights. Penn probably beats Maynard and then Hendo is the next man up and I think Hendo wins that but who knows.

Edgar probably goes to 145 sooner and knocks off a contender or 2 before losing to Aldo. Maybe he actually fights McGregor in this alternate timeline.

Back