if wilder becomes champ and defends can he be a ppv star? who r ur top 5 future stars

logical called me out on it and I agree with him that it's perhaps not a big deal. But I still stand by my assertion that the torch has not been passed.

Exactly, because all the good fighters Floyd beats have made it really close. Floyd rarely domaintes the way he did vs Canelo. Only real scrubs, like Juan Manuel Marquez get dominated by Mayweather.

:icon_neut

I didn't necessarily call you out...I was just politely disagreeing with the notion that that loss will haunt Canelo forever.

Losing to the very best in the sport isn't a blight on one's career.

I'd say it depends on how Canelo deals with this loss...treating it like a learning experience, to improve upon this loss...

right now, Canelo seems to be on the right path...he took a huge risk fighting Lara and came out on top. (despite it being very close)

So long as Canelo keeps fighting solid guys, I have no problem with him.

He took a big step up vs Floyd after beating Trout, who was coming off of his best win, fought a solid tuneup against Angulo, fought a guy everyone supposedly fears in Lara and is trying hard to make a fight with Cotto. He started slow but his career is taking off. Writing him off because he got outboxed by Mayweather is ridiculous.

sure he can and i would agree with seano that we shouldn't be writing off canelo just because he lost to mayweather. the dude is gonna be around for a long long time

So long as Canelo keeps fighting solid guys, I have no problem with him.

He took a big step up vs Floyd after beating Trout, who was coming off of his best win, fought a solid tuneup against Angulo, fought a guy everyone supposedly fears in Lara and is trying hard to make a fight with Cotto. He started slow but his career is taking off. Writing him off because he got outboxed by Mayweather is ridiculous.

sure he can and i would agree with seano that we shouldn't be writing off canelo just because he lost to mayweather. the dude is gonna be around for a long long time

We also need to keep in mind that he is marketed very well and has heavy promotion behind him..

Setting aside the possibility of a huge upset loss to a nobody, his Career looks very bright.

As Seano said earlier, Canelo's career started out very very slow...but his last 4 opponents have all been legit (one could argue, that Angulo is a glorified brawlwer)...and Lara was a High Risk, low reward situation.

What I do like about Canelo is that he's willing to go up against just about anyone. I don't think he's the star some people argue but I love his mindset.

What I do like about Canelo is that he's willing to go up against just about anyone. I don't think he's the star some people argue but I love his mindset.

hes definatley a star u think floyd sold tht ppv by himself

after watching all access wilder can be a huge star his koes in the ring his size and his personality will make him big if he keeps winning

Back