If Wilder is shut out against Parker who else can he lose to?

You could say the same for Parker. He took a worse beating against Joyce only last year and looked absolutely some as a contender. Had tough really fights against whyte and Del Boy. This fight likely looks the same whether it was last weekend or 5 years ago
Parker was just a tough match-up for Wilder stylistically. He always had the style to beat him but personally I didn't think he could actually pull it off without at least getting clipped and put to sleep. Joyce knocked him out ffs and he's not even a hitter. He just wears guys down. They punch themselves out trying to knock him out.

Parker was just a tough match-up for Wilder stylistically. He always had the style to beat him but personally I didn't think he could actually pull it off without at least getting clipped and put to sleep. Joyce knocked him out ffs and he's not even a hitter. He just wears guys down. They punch themselves out trying to knock him out.

I always favoured Parker against him due to his chin as much as anything else. I’ve always rated Parker, good all round fighter, does everything well and I was one of the few that tipped him to beat Joyce on here. Against my better judgement a bit as I am a fan. I thought Joyce had cracked his chin and wilder would get the ko in this fight. Joe may still have lost some durability but it didn’t even get checked in this fight.

I always favoured Parker against him due to his chin as much as anything else. I’ve always rated Parker, good all round fighter, does everything well and I was one of the few that tipped him to beat Joyce on here. Against my better judgement a bit as I am a fan. I thought Joyce had cracked his chin and wilder would get the ko in this fight. Joe may still have lost some durability but it didn’t even get checked in this fight.
Parker made me look like a fool. I was dead wrong. I can't think of a fight in recent memory where my prediction was completely wrong in every way.

Parker made me look like a fool. I was dead wrong. I can't think of a fight in recent memory where my prediction was completely wrong in every way.

Yeah your normally right in most of these fights tbf. Much more so than the most of the rest of us on here.

He made me look a fool against Joyce. And that’s why I thought he would eventually get blasted out. I honestly thought Joyce broke him. Tbf not many come back from that sort of sustained beating. He’s always been tough as old boots but he’s just as strong mentally as well

A lot has been said in the last couple of days about wilders age, ring rust etc. but not nearly enough about Parker’s performance, and Andy lees prep and plan for the fight. He looked great

Yeah your normally right in most of these fights tbf. Much more so than the most of the rest of us on here.

He made me look a fool against Joyce. And that’s why I thought he would eventually get blasted out. I honestly thought Joyce broke him. Tbf not many come back from that sort of sustained beating. He’s always been tough as old boots but he’s just as strong mentally as well

A lot has been said in the last couple of days about wilders age, ring rust etc. but not nearly enough about Parker’s performance, and Andy lees prep and plan for the fight. He looked great
Thanks. I glanced at the odds the day before the fight. The bookies only gave Parker about a 20% chance of beating Wilder. So, it wasn't just us that got it wrong, but even the experts were way off. That happens from time to time. This was one such occasion. Yeah, Andy Lee's prep was a big factor along with whatever advice Fury gave him. Fury would know Wilder better than anyone. What his exact tendencies are, all of his tells, what he doesn't like, and so on.

Wilders never actually fought a concussive puncher or known power puncher besides Breazeale who hit him once and stumbled him briefly but never landed solid on him .

Fury is somewhat heavy handed being a giant and Parker’s decent probably Ortiz level puncher ?

Shutting him out isn’t the issue most guys now in top rankings can do that it’s who will land a big shot on him and keep him in check or stop Wilder , once you rattle Wilder you then out box him and the knockout option is always there if he’s that vulnerable.

Wilder will be more on point next time but his punch resistance is obviously fading . If he comes in at 213 again he’s asking to get more concussive damage to himself …guys are simply going to control him easier at that weight physically and hurt him upstairs more that’s a fact .

You could say the same for Parker. He took a worse beating against Joyce only last year and looked absolutely done as a contender. Had really tough fights against whyte and Del Boy. This fight likely looks the same whether it was last weekend or 5 years ago
maybe, it's a strange era, I don't know how the old rules apply.

Prior to the fight yesterday the only fighter Wilder had lost to was Fury. The bar now has moved much lower losing in a shut out UD to Parker who doesn't exactly have remarkable power.

What if he actually fought a guy with significant power like a Frank Sanchez or a Hrgovic? KTFO? He doesn't make a good gate keeper to a prospect.

He could take a fight against Francis for the novelty and $$$ I suppose. I don't see him agreeing to fight down against a Jared Anderson or something on PBC Amazon for less cash.

He has a market value problem now because he's iced out of the title picture.
We got fucked from a Joshua fight. The dorks on seconds out were praying Wilder loses because they didn't want Joshua getting slept.

Congratulations boxing. This is why the sport is dying and why mma is so much more better. We get fights we want.

No senior citizens fighting past prime.

He got iced because he lost 3 times, and he's not being able to fix his style against good technical boxers. What happened with Parker was something of a foretold sign if Wilder faced someone who could lock him out with ring cutting and is defenfive all the time. Now at 38 years old its almost impossible to fix his footwork and setups.

We got fucked from a Joshua fight. The dorks on seconds out were praying Wilder loses because they didn't want Joshua getting slept.

Congratulations boxing. This is why the sport is dying and why mma is so much more better. We get fights we want.

explain Glover Teixiera, Stipe Miocic, Daniel Cormier, Randy Couture, Andre Arlovski, Holly Holm, etc etc etc. explain Conor not defending vs Tony even though Tony was interim champ. explain Usman giving Jorge a 2nd title shot because....? Explain why Ronda vs Cyborg didnt happen.

my reasoning is more betterer than yours. no combat sport is free from fuckery.

I think Wilder's only real option right now is a Parker rematch. Its on him to prove something wasn't right in that fight and that he can do better.

I don't think this fight told us much. Its unclear if Wilder just had an off day or if hes just old etc. Wilder went from dominating Helenius to losing almost every round to Parker. Parker is better than Helenius but neither are currently ranked.

One thing that gets overlooked is that Parker is Furys training partner and Fury has been training to fight Wilder for much of the past 5 years. Maybe Parker knew a lot more about Wilder than Wilder knew about Parker. I mean if you're studying an opponent for years and they study you for a few weeks that has to be a serious advantage on some level?

Except Wilder didn't punch himself out. He barely threw a punch. Had he thrown something to set up his right or even just stood and traded more often and turned it into a pure firefight and backed his power then he may have got lucky.

As it is he just tried to wait and snipe him with a single bomb thrown in isolation and maybe he's just not quite quick enough to catch decent guys anymore. Maybe Fury gave Parker a couple of tips on the cues to avoid.

Joshua would not get slept by Wilder, he is much better. Have fun watching U Fight Cheap.

Joshua would not get slept by Wilder, he is much better. Have fun watching U Fight Cheap.

Joshua is an easier fight than Parker for Wilder. He doesn't have the sumo-chin, and his upright style of fighting makes him more likely to get caught clean.

That said, Wilder at 38+yo loses to any top 5 fighter more often than not.

Zero heart. 0!

Wilder went out on his shield in a 3 fight skid vs Fury. AJ has been ducking and can crushing.

Also, quit vs butter bean. /thread

Zero heart. 0!

Wilder went out on his shield in a 3 fight skid vs Fury. AJ has been ducking and can crushing.

Also, quit vs butter bean. /thread
AJ fought everyone besides Wilder and Fury despite trying multiple times to make those fights. He never ducked anyone. Taking the Wlad fight early in his career shows he was never a duck, unlike "Im betting on myself by turning down 100 million" Wilder.

AJ fought everyone besides Wilder and Fury despite trying multiple times to make those fights. He never ducked anyone. Taking the Wlad fight early in his career shows he was never a duck, unlike "Im betting on myself by turning down 100 million" Wilder.
AJ also quit.

Back