If Wilder is shut out against Parker who else can he lose to?

Dr. Stoppage

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Prior to the fight yesterday the only fighter Wilder had lost to was Fury. The bar now has moved much lower losing in a shut out UD to Parker who doesn't exactly have remarkable power.

What if he actually fought a guy with significant power like a Frank Sanchez or a Hrgovic? KTFO? He doesn't make a good gate keeper to a prospect.

He could take a fight against Francis for the novelty and $$$ I suppose. I don't see him agreeing to fight down against a Jared Anderson or something on PBC Amazon for less cash.

He has a market value problem now because he's iced out of the title picture.

He's not that active. He's very wealthy and has done well for his limitations and late start in the sport. He seems to be an introvert at times that enjoys being home with his family & team.
He also has always done a lot more talking about fighting big names than actually getting the fights done.

I'd be surprised if he comes back.

The thing is though at heavyweight there are ALWAYS injuries,PEDs, and pullouts to where anybody can have a shot if they stay ready

His chin and durability are way better than most want to give him credit for. So him getting KTFO isn't a given.

He can get out boxed by any top guy and will lose to anybody he doesn't floor with his power. A surprising amount of his wins were him losing until he hurt or stopped his opponent out of nowhere. At times he showed more skill than people wanted to give him credit for. Then he ruined it himself with inactivity & inconsistency.

He's still a big name so he can get what ever fight, it's just he won't have the same amount of leverage when it comes to purse and stuff.

My guess though is that Ngannou is the way to go if he's not going to retire, which I think is coming soon.

Would love to see him fight Joyce - but at that point he'd just be fighting just to fight. He should cash in and get out.

Not that I necessarily think he loses but I’ve always wanted to see Wilder vs Whyte, seem to hate each other, whole thing would prob be fun.

Could do the boxing/mma double header with Ngannou, would pay him well enough.

It’ll honestly be sad day when he’s gone, brings entertainment.

His awkward style is a problem. Works alright at the elite level if the idea he's putting people to sleep but how attractive is it to see if he isn't? The dynamite in the right hand is a prospects nightmare.

I think he's a tough guy to match moving down aside from Francis for the novelty.

He's a fucking can and always has been. Hiding in the US fighting bums his entire career. Tried to cherry pick a semi retired coked up Fury and got his ass beat three times. Now he lost every round against a guy who lost to Dillian Whyte.

He could have been shut out by just about any of the bums he fought throughout his career, usually he just found a way to land a bomb. The guy cannot box, never could.

Parker was just crafty enough to not have an aging, gun-shy Wilder land anything significant on him. Didn't lead in face first like Helenius did.

He's done. He was resorting to hammer fists yesterday because he couldn't land his right. There's no way to turn back the clock.

never been a fan but not going to kick him when hes down(that much)

but the Wilder we saw before and after the fight yesterday certainly wasnt the same fire in the belly fighter we have saw in the past, his demeanour was different and he seemed almost at ease with himself for once, and not the comical "BOMB SQUAD" idiot we have seen in the past

Dude is 38yo, and relies entirely on his speed, reflexes, and explosiveness. He may be the most athletically gifted heavyweight of all time, but sadly he relied on that too much.

He's done.

Dude is 38yo, and relies entirely on his speed, reflexes, and explosiveness. He may be the most athletically gifted heavyweight of all time, but sadly he relied on that too much.

He's done.

He never seemed particularly gifted athletically to me. Kind of uncoordinated, clumsy, and his reflexes weren't that good. He's just tall, rangy and has a bomb of a right hand. Decent timing when he was still younger and more active, and he has a decent chin.

You look at a guy like Ali, that's someone who was on a whole another level athletically compared to Wilder.

Power is the last thing to go, Wilder is still good enough to bomb out guys who offer their chin to him, he's just at the old Foreman stage of his career where he can be shut out by mediocre boxers as long as they play it safe. Chasing the KO and not even bothering to try to win rounds puts him at risk of losing to just about anybody.

Last edited:
He looked shot to me. 38 years old, fought one round in 2 years- inactivity and age ended him, IMO. He's probably done. I could see maybe a Parker rematch but if he can't let his hands go, he can't beat anyone.

He's done.
Being able to KO a 40 year old for your best win doesn’t make him the most athletically gifted HW of all time get a grip

Never been able to beat a top opponent and now he can’t duck them loosing to fighters the likes of Joyce and Whyte have beaten

Wilder is past his best and finished, and now people are laughing at the fighters who could beat him.
<{cruzshake}>

Get a life.

Ruiz, Usyk for sure and both these are over the hill long ago if we talk about physical prime.

As someone mentioned Joyce seems like a good opponent. A big name that is an easy target to look good against. If he KO's Joyce in spectacular fashion the AJ fight will be there as well.

Did he not get the KO because he isnt that active and getting older, or did he get all the KOs before because his toughest opponents were Bermain Stiverne and a guy older than Wilder currently is? Probably a bit of both but I think it had more to do with the latter. If he took the fights AJ took he would probably have lost to a few of those guys.

The fight to make is Wilder vs Whyte. As mentioned they hate each other and they both need a big win to revitalize their careers.

wasn't aware he even had a fight scheduled last night but after those beatings, any fighter who goes through that has big question marks about their future. It's not just the mental and physical toll those fights took but it's the opponents too, you have guys seeing you get absolutely mauled like that and they aren't going to have the same respect they did when they saw you kayoing everyone. That's pretty much for any fighter, look at George Foreman after Zaire, he went life and death with Ron Lyle and then lost to Jimmy Young and quit for ten years. Now, that was the most competitive era ever for the division but there's no way George's opponents saw him the same way they did after he kayoed Frazier and Norton.

wasn't aware he even had a fight scheduled last night but after those beatings, any fighter who goes through that has big question marks about their future. It's not just the mental and physical toll those fights took but it's the opponents too, you have guys seeing you get absolutely mauled like that and they aren't going to have the same respect they did when they saw you kayoing everyone. That's pretty much for any fighter, look at George Foreman after Zaire, he went life and death with Ron Lyle and then lost to Jimmy Young and quit for ten years. Now, that was the most competitive era ever for the division but there's no way George's opponents saw him the same way they did after he kayoed Frazier and Norton.

You could say the same for Parker. He took a worse beating against Joyce only last year and looked absolutely done as a contender. Had really tough fights against whyte and Del Boy. This fight likely looks the same whether it was last weekend or 5 years ago

Last edited:
Back