If this Version of Tyson had entered UFC 1

Tyson is probably the most overrated sports combat athlete of all time. Especially with clueless MMA fans. The way Sherdog talks about him you would think he was Boxings GOAT, and not a guy who's best wins are an old Holmes coming out of retirement and LHW Spinks
Nothing makes Sherdog harder than a jacked blacksplosive sweaty male

<RomeroSalute>

Royce would have flopped on his back or done his typical leg kick to takedown. It would have been over in seconds. Boxing is so incredibly over rated on it's own

If someone like Royce tried to wrap him up he would throw biting and eye gouging out the window. It'd turn into a street fight.

You wouldn't know this because no MMA fans know anything about Tyson. But Tyson in his prime was not some crazy lose cannon animal. He was pretty calm. He started doing crazy shit later when he started losing and his life fell apart

Dat neck... dat speed

Royce Chokes him unconscious. How the hell is Tyson supposed to beat him exactly? He has no experience on the ground whatsoever. Royce would wrap himself around Tyson and he would have no idea what to do. Shamrock Was a very experienced shoot fighter going into UFC 1.. On paper he probably should have won the tournament. And he got choked.. Also no rules back then.
this lol, tysons best chance is to KO royce instantly when he shoots for a leg. if that didnt happen tyson is left unconcious on the mat. people under estimating bjj still?

As I recall...

Big John or Bas(?) saying that once Gerard Gordeau head kicked Telia Tuli's tooth into the 9th row during UFC-I, half of the fighters in the back bailed out and were like "Funk dat noise!"
There is more to this story. I believe they were trying to convince someone that the UFC wasn't barbaric when said tooth flew past the guy they were trying to convince.

Royce Shoots a low single from way outside grabs any part of his legs and then wrap himself around him like a snake. At that point it is all over.
Man that would be a sight to see. Royce couldn’t leave any room for error though. He took shots from way lesser guys at the time before getting in close.

You know how you know someone doesn't know anything about Tyson? When they say stupid shit like "His form and ability to keep It together also slowly began to fade when Cus D'amato died". Cus died in 1985. Tyson's first year as a pro. His best years were well after Cus's death.

And how is he not overrated? Boxing experts don't put him top 10 at HW, but most people think he is a GOAT contender
I don't think he's a goat contender. It's hard to say exactly where to rank him, nor do I really care. He's done far too much to harm his legacy to even be mentioned on any sort of list.

I don't think this thread has anything to do with that either, don't know why you're trying to make this into a debate on where Tyson stands when nobody Is arguing It.

on his best night, Tyson was one of the scariest boxers we've ever seen though and he will always be recognized as such. That version, ability wise Is without a doubt one of the best we've seen In my mind and I think many within the community(not sherdog) would agree. Obviously his ranking based on his actual resume, legacy and such is another argument though. Largely because of the destruction of his own career, poor influences, prison, etc.

You wouldn't know this because no MMA fans know anything about Tyson. But Tyson in his prime was not some crazy lose cannon animal. He was pretty calm. He started doing crazy shit later when he started losing and his life fell apart
He was never calm. Never. Lots of nerves.
He was mentally strong enough, always very tough, and had good guindance under Cus

tyson knew zero wrestling/BJJ, would tap in 30s. same crap like, what if mcgregor boxed mayweather? well................

He'd of battered anyone who tried to stand with him back then imo!

But what if a wrestler simply explosively shot in with a take down at teh start of round one?
An uppercut from the depths of hell would comatose said wrestler...

this lol, tysons best chance is to KO royce instantly when he shoots for a leg. if that didnt happen tyson is left unconcious on the mat. people under estimating bjj still?
I do the jits bud. I just dont see royce being able to not get hit against prime tyson.

I don't think he's a goat contender. It's hard to say exactly where to rank him, nor do I really care. He's done far too much to harm his legacy to even be mentioned on any sort of list.

I don't think this thread has anything to do with that either, don't know why you're trying to make this into a debate on where Tyson stands when nobody Is arguing It.

on his best night, Tyson was one of the scariest boxers we've ever seen though and he will always be recognized as such. That version, ability wise Is without a doubt one of the best In my mind and I think many within the community(not sherdog) would agree. Obviously his ranking based on his actual resume, legacy and such is another argument though. Largely because of the destruction of his own career, poor influences, prison, etc.
"His form and ability to keep It together also slowly began to fade when Cus D'amato died"

You saying this kinda shows you don't actually know anything about Tyson

People underestimate the power of effective grappling anymore. Everybody in the UFC is such an extremely high level defensive grappler that it becomes easy to think taking down somebody is difficult. Reality is, a guy whos never wrestled or trained grappling arts is gonna hit the ground so fast they won't know what happened. Sure, Mike could've caught him, but far more likely Royce got the fight to the ground in the safest way possible and strangled him.

I probably know more about Tyson than most people on these boards. He was still out mugging people and doing crazy shit in Brownsville when he was a pro. Cus and Jim Jacob's would go out looking for him. He's covered this in both his books and in plenty interviews. He was always a loose cannon but when he was at his pinnacle he never had to resort to crazy shit under marquess of queensberry rules.

An uppercut from the depths of hell would comatose said wrestler...
Honestly though, as talented as Tyson was as a strait up BOXER, do you really think someone in his mma weight class would not be able to expect such a strike shooting in?

He was never calm. Never. Lots of nerves.
He was mentally strong enough, always very tough, and had good guindance under Cus

Cus died in Tyson's first year as a pro. I don't know why MMA fans always think Cus dying is what caused his downfall. Tyson went 5 years and 25 fights undefeated AFTER Cus's death. All his best years were after Cus died

Man that would be a sight to see. Royce couldn’t leave any room for error though. He took shots from way lesser guys at the time before getting in close.

Anything is possible obviously in a fight. However even though Tyson did have a lot of street fights growing up still professionally he is used to punching people with traditional boxing stances. In this game especially back then with no rules. I don’t see how he really gets that done.

I do the jits bud. I just dont see royce being able to not get hit against prime tyson.
sadly we'll never know how it would go down but i definitely wouldn't say tyson wins 100%. any gracie could have been able to pull it off. i mean you dive straight into the crotch as fast as you can and that leaves him one single punch to win the fight, if that misses the chin or the head, he loses. his power is immediately gone and now he is defensless on the ground.

"His form and ability to keep It together also slowly began to fade when Cus D'amato died"

You saying this kinda shows you don't actually know anything about Tyson
Probably should've chosen some better wording

It's clear that he played a big part In keeping him together as a man though, beyond just being his trainer.

Without a doubt, that was at least one of the factors that led to the downfall of his career. Obviously people are free to make of that what they choose though

Mike Tyson is 5’10.... certified manlet.

Even in his prime Tyson couldn’t lay a finger on the average sherdogger

I've known Tyson since he was an amateur & he's been a shade under six foot since he was about 15 years old. As evidenced by this photo of him & I side by side in 1986. I'm 5'8" & as you can see Mike is almost four inches taller than I am.
IMG_20170926_135559.jpg

Back