If this Version of Tyson had entered UFC 1

You clearly didn't! Thats why you said "His form and ability to keep It together also slowly began to fade when Cus D'amato died". You can pull the old "i boxed for 12 years" shit to try get credibility, but you showed you don't know anything about Tyson
I'm trippin a bit because I legit thought he died In 87..

da fuq..

Tyson was far from overrated, despite arguably not being an all time top 10 HW there is a reason he is still so highly regarded.

Tyson is a "what could have been" cautionary tale. His speed, explosiveness, power, footwork and headmovement were unpresidented for a HW when he had Cus to keep him in line and his knowledge of the game was amazing.

Unfortunately despite having the raw talent to have easily become an all time great once Cus was gone and King took over Tyson could no longer resist all the temptations and destractions outside the ring and keep the hunger and dedication it takes to keep training and working your ass off when you already have it all.

Tyson's story is a tragedy and an example to all that all the talent in the world will only get you so far if you don't have the focus and work ethic to back it up.

Tyson was a fucking animal in his time though, no heavyweight I've ever seen could move and hit like him, so much wasted potential.

You just about said it all, boss.
I knew Mike from the time he was about 15 when I fought his stablemate Stephon Frost in the Empire State Games back in the early '80s. And, your assessment is pretty spot on. Once Mike got rid of Kevin Rooney as his trainer he sealed his fate. Once he severed the last tie to Cus he was doomed to eventual failure.

Downward Spiral

Tyson's descent has lasted longer than that of any once-great athlete. The deaths of his original trainer, Cus D'Amato, in 1985 and later co-manager Jim Jacobs began Tyson's downward spiral. He sued his other co-manager, Bill Cayton, at the time of the Spinks fight and broke off with his trainer, Kevin Rooney, after the fight. From that point, Tyson seemed to heed no one's advice, and although he knocked out Carl Williams in 93 seconds only two fights after ending Spinks's career, he already was evolving into an aimless swinger and short-cutting his training. On Feb. 11, 1990, Buster Douglas left him groping on the canvas for his mouthpiece. In years to come, Holyfield and Lennox Lewis would keep him reeling.

Berbick lol

is this joker actually comparing f'''cking berbick who was a total can and bum...back then, the champions were bums...holyfield was a legit badass. tyson at no point in his career, would have ever beaten holyfield...why do you think they never fought back then? holyfield was around. whether tyson had the same head movement or not, that wouldn't have made much difference in their fights...tyson fought a certain way...he needed to bully his opponent and get inside...holyfield always had the answer for that...

Tyson was far from overrated, despite arguably not being an all time top 10 HW there is a reason he is still so highly regarded.

Tyson is a "what could have been" cautionary tale. His speed, explosiveness, power, footwork and headmovement were unpresidented for a HW when he had Cus to keep him in line and his knowledge of the game was amazing.

Unfortunately despite having the raw talent to have easily become an all time great once Cus was gone and King took over Tyson could no longer resist all the temptations and destractions outside the ring and keep the hunger and dedication it takes to keep training and working your ass off when you already have it all.

Tyson's story is a tragedy and an example to all that all the talent in the world will only get you so far if you don't have the focus and work ethic to back it up.

Tyson was a fucking animal in his time though, no heavyweight I've ever seen could move and hit like him, so much wasted potential.
well said.

See this is a man who's been watching the game for 20 years lol

back when I was a young tadpole

a prime george foreman, would have beaten tyson like a cherokee drum...beaten just like joe frazier...which if anyone has ever seen that fight, it was one of the most brutal destructions ever seen in a ring...and this was a legit all time great, undefeated world champion, who just came off a win against ali...and foreman totally wrecked him. while some may say, "well, tyson was better than frazier" hell no he wasn't...frazier had an iron will and jaw...with great cardio...and was a ferocious fighter...while tyson did hit harder and was faster, he fought much like frazier did...always coming forward, with the bobbing head movement...foreman loved guys that fought like that...guys that came right to him...he licked his chops at guys that did that...even sonny liston would have ko'd tyson...

Tyson vs Frazier? Frazier would kill him after the first round or 2. Frazier is one of the mentally toughest HWs of all time. Tyson would be terrified when he saw that Frazier didn't fold

well said.

sorry to say, but ali was much faster than tyson...tyson was fast on the inside, with his short arms...ali was super fast from the outside and inside..ali in his prime was as fast as many middleweights, if not faster...

Berbick lol
Ok a 37 year old Holmes that he put away the same one Holyfield went the distance with 5 years later. It's hilarious you guys seriously think a post prison Tyson is the same one who took out Spinks. He was dropping off before he went to jail.

I've known Tyson since he was an amateur & he's been a shade under six foot since he was about 15 years old. As evidenced by this photo of him & I side by side in 1986. I'm 5'8" & as you can see Mike is almost four inches taller than I am.
View attachment 504217

Are you confirming yourself as a manlet too?

Hahahaha I was only kidding anyway.

well said.

Seems more like a man that reads youtube comments and also doesn't know when Cus died

Holy shit, you are like the 5th person to say this bullshit. Cus died in Tyson's first year as a pro. Cus was not alive during Tyson's run as HW champ or his run to the title. Its amazing how many people think Tyson's downfall started after Cus's death. Tyson went 25 fights and 5 years undefeated after Cus died
Yeah well getting more and more undisiplined and reckless until he finally exploded. His downfall did start after Cus's death but he was still naturally talented and so far ahead of his competition it didn't matter until finally catching up to him in Tokyo and then spending years in jail for a crime he didn't commit destroyed what ever sanity he had left.

The way he's managed to turn his life around since leaving Boxing is also a pretty inspiring story of redemption as well in all honesty.

zi
Tyson vs Frazier? Frazier would kill him after the first round or 2. Frazier is one of the mentally toughest HWs of all time. Tyson would be terrified when he saw that Frazier didn't fold

I absolutely agree with you...did I say that I thought tyson would beat frazier? I'll have to recheck...that would have been a huge typo...frazier would have never stopped coming after tyson...and he had such heart..something tyson never had...and I don't think tyson would have been able to duplicate what foreman did...nobody hit like foreman...and foreman was extremely strong...not to mention much taller, with a much longer reach.

zi

I absolutely agree with you...did I say that I thought tyson would beat frazier? I'll have to recheck...that would have been a huge typo...frazier would have never stopped coming after tyson...and he had such heart..something tyson never had...

No i was just pointing out how much tougher Frazier was then Tyson. It always pisses me off how people who know nothing about Boxing say Tyson would beat Frazier

sorry to say, but ali was much faster than tyson...tyson was fast on the inside, with his short arms...ali was super fast from the outside and inside..ali in his prime was as fast as many middleweights, if not faster...
Not sure I agree. Tyson was lighting quick for a HW, it's what allowed him to close the distance and get on the inside despite almost always giving up height and reach, something Ali didn't have to overcome nearly as often.

Ok... Back on point guys. Tyson vs Royce. Or fuck it. Any boxer vs Royce UFC one. Royce was totally one dimensional. He had no wrestling or striking at all.

Seems more like a man that reads youtube comments and also doesn't know when Cus died
It was a tipping point, a critical moment In his career and while It may not have been immediately readily apparent, that lack of guidance and structure is one of the things that led him towards poor influences, the darker paths of his career and ultimately a stifling of his full potential as a fighter.

a prime george foreman, would have beaten tyson like a cherokee drum...beaten just like joe frazier...which if anyone has ever seen that fight, it was one of the most brutal destructions ever seen in a ring...and this was a legit all time great, undefeated world champion, who just came off a win against ali...and foreman totally wrecked him. while some may say, "well, tyson was better than frazier" hell no he wasn't...frazier had an iron will and jaw...with great cardio...and was a ferocious fighter...while tyson did hit harder and was faster, he fought much like frazier did...always coming forward, with the bobbing head movement...foreman loved guys that fought like that...guys that came right to him...he licked his chops at guys that did that...even sonny liston would have ko'd tyson...

You make some good points & are spot on about plenty. Foreman was the one heavyweight that both Tyson personally & his people were happy they'd never have to face. Little did they know that "Big" George would return from a decade long hiatus in 1987. I don't think it was just promotional differences that caused the fight to not happen. I don't think that Tyson ever wanted the fight. Stylistically it was all wrong for him.

You think a 205 lb. Frazier would take out a 216 lb Tyson in 2 who was faster and hit harder? That would have been an interesting fight and Joe did have a lot of heart but styles make fights. It would not have been easy for either.

Back