If this Version of Tyson had entered UFC 1

Cus died in Tyson's first year as a pro. I don't know why MMA fans always think Cus dying is what caused his downfall. Tyson went 5 years and 25 fights undefeated AFTER Cus's death. All his best years were after Cus died
Guindance doesnt stop in the moment your guide dies. Mike respected and loved Cus, I believe he tried to stick to his teaching/coaching/whatever you may call it for as long as he could before he was consumed by otherwise.

So much fail in this thread...

Royce was the smallest, weakest, least intimidating, least athletic fighter in UFC 1. He was nowhere close to the best striker in the tournament. But he won it easily because no one (in the tournament) knew about BJJ. Tyson wouldn't have known about it either.

Boxers square up to their opponents. In wrestling that's the worst thing you can do, because you can't defend takedowns from that position. Royce would take him down just as easily as Randy took James Toney down.

<{cruzshake}>

Either shamrock or royce would have gone low single and tapped him. Tyson could have definitely caught them though

Even at his best, Tyson would have been a poor fit for MMA. His style involves getting in close and unloaded by using the bob and weave, he'd bob and weave right into a clinch and a take down.

I bet he could've caught Royce

Bare Knuckle Tyson woulda FUCKED some dudes up

Maybe in UFC 1 but I think his guard would be broken with small gloves against a good mma striker... I kinda think the peekaboo style relies on big gloves too much

"His form and ability to keep It together also slowly began to fade when Cus D'amato died"

You saying this kinda shows you don't actually know anything about Tyson
He's a fraud, Mescalinedreams says he's boxed all his life, yet from his post history it seems he doesn't know anything.

You make some good points & are spot on about plenty. Foreman was the one heavyweight that both Tyson personally & his people were happy they'd never have to face. Little did they know that "Big" George would return from a decade long hiatus in 1987. I don't think it was just promotional differences that caused the fight to not happen. I don't think that Tyson ever wanted the fight. Stylistically it was all wrong for him.

When foreman came back in his later career, he was far slow and weighed like 50+lbs more than he did in his prime..when he fought frazier, he weighed under 220lbs...more like 215-218 if I remember...in his later career, he was wayyyyy heavier...but he still, even at this point, way past his prime, still would have given tyson trouble...not sure he would win though...if tyson couldn't bully you, he just wasn't nearly as effective..

You think a 205 lb. Frazier would take out a 216 lb Tyson in 2 who was faster and hit harder? That would have been an interesting fight and Joe did have a lot of heart but styles make fights. It would not have been easy for either.

Frazier had things that tyson didn't...heart, determination...never quits..while tyson was a front runner...the moment he had someone that didn't get bullied, tyson didn't like that...and lost...and frazier didn't weigh 205lbs..he weight between 210-215 in most fights...remember, rocky marciano only weighed 185lbs...

Not sure I agree. Tyson was lighting quick for a HW, it's what allowed him to close the distance and get on the inside despite almost always giving up height and reach, something Ali didn't have to overcome nearly as often.

tyson was very fast once he got on the inside...he needed to be on the inside to be effective..while ali was more comfortable on the outside.

Back