If the US didn't kill the Iran general, do you think that Ukraine plane would have been shot down?

If the US didn't kill the Iran general, do you think that Ukraine plane would have been shot down?

• Total voters
The blame for the shoot down rests squarely on the Iranian regime. The reason the Iranian military was in a heightened state of alert was because they had just launched a missile attack at American bases in Iraq and they were bracing for the counterpunch.

Iran fucked up and know you blame others.
Just like Malaysia airlines air plane shot down.

Obviously, no.
This isnt something that happened 6 years later, making it hard to track the cause and effect.
This was a direct result of the US's actions on Iran.

As retarded as this point is you guys are trying to force, you don’t even have it right on the basic chronology. Them shooting that plane down wasn’t the “direct result” of us droning Suleimani. That would be their subsequent firing of rockets at our bases. That was the direct, consequential action that caused their state of alert and subsequent panic.

Big Laugh Out Loud to any Gump who thinks "heightened or sensitive air defense due to US actions" is a legit excuse. It was a 737 with a clear flight plan and manifest leaving from Iran. Unless Iranian air defense is just a goat herder or dirt vendor high on hash with a pair of binoculars, there's no excuse for mistaking a 737 with a cruise missile which travels nearly double the speed at a fraction of the size.

The idiots didn't even bother to call the ICAO to check on the possibility of it being a plane

If the there was a better candidate than Clinton to run against Trump them he wouldn't have won. I lay the blame squarely at the feet of the Democrats. Or the generals mother for giving birth to a boy. Or whoever invented SAMs. Yeah, definitely those guys.

It seems to me that the killing of the Iranian general affected the Iranian military in away they made them more ultra sensitive than usual. Causing them to make a devastating mistake in shooting down that Ukraine jet killing 176 civilians.

So I wonder if there was no attack and killing of the Iranian general. Do you think that Ukraine plane would still have been shot down? or it would have made them not as trigger happy and ultra sensitive to make such a colossal mistake?

In case anyone hasn't mentioned it yet, the wording of your poll in relation to the choices makes no sense.

Better question.

If we knew these attacks were coming as was claimed, why didn't we tell all the airlines not fly over Iraq and Iran?

If we did, then WTF were they doing flying over Iraq and Iran?

Ukranian airlines weren't the only ones. Looked to me that just about every carrier in the world who operates there, was still flying over a area they should have known live fire was occurring in.

This leaves two options, they weren't told, which is a collosal fuck up, or they were told, and chose to keep their schedule over keeping their passengers safe.

The head of Iran military forces requested that all planes be grounded. There was a failure internally in Iran and his request was either denied or dismissed.

Better question.

If we knew these attacks were coming as was claimed, why didn't we tell all the airlines not fly over Iraq and Iran?

Ukranian airlines weren't the only ones. Looked to me that just about every carrier in the world who operates there, was still flying over a area they should have known live fire was occurring in.

This leaves two options, they weren't told, which is a collosal fuck up, or they were told, and chose to keep their schedule over keeping their passengers safe.

That's a good question and I agree. Why were they allowed to even fly over those countries? That's just plain stupid and too risky considering the recent events.

Better question.

The FAA did send out a NOTAM. Multiple airlines changed their flight paths or made the necessary steps to avoid that airspace.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/tr...re-route-flights-away-from-iraq-iran-airspace

So I wonder if there was no attack and killing of the Iranian general. Do you think that Ukraine plane would still have been shot down?
No.
Lets backtrack this even more. Had the Iranian General not killed Americans, the Ukrainian plane would not have been shot down. So, in conclusion, Iran is to blame for the shooting of the commercial airliner with mostly Iranians in it.

If this was a retaliatory move against USA why kill no American civilians? A good chunk of the people had Canadian citizenship, my only thought is that they wanted to make a point about leaving Iran. This plane was chosen for a reason and the only way I would believe otherwise is if a plane full of Americans was right near it and they just hit the wrong one.

You can't formulate your anti-terror policy based on whether country of terrorist origin might accidentally off some civilian target.

That's a good question and I agree. Why were they allowed to even fly over those countries? That's just plain stupid and too risky considering the recent events.

It took off from iran. The IACO knew the flight plan, route and manifest - it's the one that directed its take off. It's not like it was just simply flying over Iran en route from country x to y.

The real question is why would Iran air defense mistake a 737 on a clear flight trajectory traveling at nearly half the speed of a cruise missile without calling the terhan flight tower to confirm if it was a planned flight?

Your options are misleading. It should read:
. No, it was cause and effect reaction. (Not: No, it wouldn't have made a difference.)
. Yes, it wouldn't have made a difference. (Not: Yes, it was cause and effect reaction.)

Lol, this thread is unbelievable. If someone had deliberately set out to parody incoherent left wing, anti-American, knee-jerkism they couldn’t do better than this.

The real question is why would Iran air defense mistake a 737 on a clear flight trajectory traveling at nearly half the speed of a cruise missile without calling the terhan flight tower to confirm if it was a planned flight?
Because they are incompetent and stupid.

Because they are incompetent and stupid.

Maybe, but doubtful. Iran as a whole has a strong STEM culture with a higher per captia graduation rate than China, Russia and the US. Since multiple airlines flew out of terhan unscathed that day - I would guesst knowingly targetted a flight in which 136 out of 167 passengers were headed to Canada, the US's largest ally and neighbor fron a country that would never have to the balls to retaliate (unlike the US itself or Israel) as a fuck you.

U.S. Navy shoots down Iranian airliner by mistake.
...in 1988.
320px-A300_Iran_Air_EP-IBT_THR_May_2010.jpg

"Iran Air Flight 655 was a scheduled passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai via Bandar Abbas that was shot down on 3 July 1988 by an SM-2MR surface-to-air missile fired from the USS Vincennes, a guided-missile cruiser of the U.S. Navy. The aircraft, an Airbus A300, was destroyed and all 290 people on board were killed."
Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

Back