If the US didn't kill the Iran general, do you think that Ukraine plane would have been shot down?

If the US didn't kill the Iran general, do you think that Ukraine plane would have been shot down?

• Total voters

So an opinion article and 36 iraian American protesters are better sources than the plethora of news articles reporting on a university of Maryland report on his popularity?

She lists thousands of protesters against him which doesn't go against an 83% favorability rating. In a country that has 80 million I'm sure there are thousands who don't like him ....provide a source directly challenging the study

Of course not. And if the US had not put sanctions on Japan for invading parts of Asia, they wouldn't have attacked Pearl Harbor.

If they had not ordered their militia to attack the embassy in Iraq, then Trump wouldn't have signed off on ghosting Soleimani.

Last edited:
So an opinion article and 36 iraian American protesters are better sources than the plethora of news articles reporting on a university of Maryland report on his popularity?
Maybe.
How do you know the news article from the University of Maryland is not biased? You can find articles and videos on both sides of the issue. Nothing new here...

Maybe.
How do you know the news article from the University of Maryland is not biased? You can find articles and videos on both sides of the issue. Nothing new here...
The Trump is bad narrative is always the go to one for some.

Maybe.

There's nothing stating majority of iranians not liking him only that he had people who did view him unfavorably. That doesn't go against the 83% and the millions who mourned in the streets.

The study shows he beat out the president of Iran in popularity if it was propaganda, why would the head of state not rigged it more favorably for him?

There's nothing stating majority of iranians not liking him only that he had people who did view him unfavorably. That doesn't go against the 83% and the millions who mourned in the streets.

The study shows he beat out the president of Iran in popularity if it was propaganda, why would the head of state not rigged it more favorably for him?
Something tells me it didn’t matter who got killed in the drone attack from the USA you’d still be outraged.

Something tells me it didn’t matter who got killed in the drone attack from the USA you’d still be outraged.

Im not outraged at all. Go back to the original thread and i made it clear that he was named target in Iraq after an attack on the US and was a measured response. Go, look it up.

However, none of that has to do with how iranians viewed him

Im not outraged at all. Go back to the original thread and i made it clear that he was named target in Iraq after an attack on the US and was a measured response. Go, look it up.

However, none of that has to do with how iranians viewed him
For a person with zero opinion you sure seem to be trying to make an argument.. you think for even one second Iranian citizens would celebrate his death in the open even he was a pos..

Obviously it wouldn't of been shot down coz Iran would not of been firing missiles into Iraq or been on high alert expecting US fighter jets to retaliate. But how far back do you with to go?
If the guy that was killed by the drone had said, 'you know what instead of leaving for Iran on Tuesday, let leave on the Wednesday instead.' He chose to be going down that road at that specific time on that specific day.
He chose to go to Iraq at that time.
If he hadn't chosen to become an enforcer and personally torture and murder people and also get others to murder thousands, then he wouldn't of been killed! How far back do you want to go?
Ultimately he was killed because of who he chose to be in life. Unfortunately Iran decided not to stop civilian air-traffic leaving their capital city's airport while they were expecting American jets to attack them. It isn't Trump's fault the plane was shot down it was Iran's.

For a person with zero opinion you sure seem to be trying to make an argument.. you think for even one second Iranian citizens would celebrate his death in the open even he was a pos..

Ive made my opinion clear. He was popular in Iran and I was ok with his death. You seem to have trouble grasping that he could be popular in iran, maybe this will help you

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...hy-was-he-so-popular/article30467687.ece/amp/

There were several small groups who protested at his procession. So yeah, they did take to the streets as well. Just no where near his supporters

I wouldnt say it's fair to blame Trump for the incompetence of the Iranian military in shooting down a passenger jet, but I dont think it's unfair to say he bears some responsibility in creating a hostile situation where they may act irrationally in the aftermath.

I wouldnt say it's fair to blame Trump for the incompetence of the Iranian military in shooting down a passenger jet, but I dont think it's unfair to say he bears some responsibility in creating a hostile situation where they may act irrationally in the aftermath.
Iran wasn’t exactly a non hostile place before Trump either now was it.

It seems to me that the killing of the Iranian general affected the Iranian military in away they made them more ultra sensitive than usual. Causing them to make a devastating mistake in shooting down that Ukraine jet killing 176 civilians.

So I wonder if there was no attack and killing of the Iranian general. Do you think that Ukraine plane would still have been shot down? or it would have made them not as trigger happy and ultra sensitive to make such a colossal mistake?

May 2019 - Iran attacks oil tankers in the Gulf

June 2019 - Iran shoots down US drone

July 2019 - Iran Seizes British Oil Tanker

Sept 2019 - Iran attacks Saudi oil company

Dec 2019 - Iran storms US Embassy in Baghdad

Jan 2020 - US drone strikes Iranian General who had coordinated militias against US forces for years

Well yes. But I wouldn’t blame the shoot down on Donald’s dumb move. That’s 100% the Iranians dumb move.

In real life when you start a fight and some innocent bystanders get hurt... you share some blame.

Better question.

If we knew these attacks were coming as was claimed, why didn't we tell all the airlines not fly over Iraq and Iran?

If we did, then WTF were they doing flying over Iraq and Iran?

Ukranian airlines weren't the only ones. Looked to me that just about every carrier in the world who operates there, was still flying over a area they should have known live fire was occurring in.

This leaves two options, they weren't told, which is a collosal fuck up, or they were told, and chose to keep their schedule over keeping their passengers safe.

That flight originated from Iran...?

I believe if Iran decide not to fire rockets at an Iraq base that day then the plane wouldn't have been shot down.

If the Jews would have just not been there, Hitler wouldnt have had to gas them. its really all the Jews fault.

It seems to me that the killing of the Iranian general affected the Iranian military in away they made them more ultra sensitive than usual. Causing them to make a devastating mistake in shooting down that Ukraine jet killing 176 civilians.

So I wonder if there was no attack and killing of the Iranian general. Do you think that Ukraine plane would still have been shot down? or it would have made them not as trigger happy and ultra sensitive to make such a colossal mistake?

Most likely they wouldn't of shot it down . It probably was an accident.

I remember the USA doing the same thing years before.

Back