If the US didn't kill the Iran general, do you think that Ukraine plane would have been shot down?

If the US didn't kill the Iran general, do you think that Ukraine plane would have been shot down?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that the killing of the Iranian general affected the Iranian military in away they made them more ultra sensitive than usual. Causing them to make a devastating mistake in shooting down that Ukraine jet killing 176 civilians.

So I wonder if there was no attack and killing of the Iranian general. Do you think that Ukraine plane would still have been shot down? or it would have made them not as trigger happy and ultra sensitive to make such a colossal mistake?

Well yes. But I wouldn’t blame the shoot down on Donald’s dumb move. That’s 100% the Iranians dumb move.

Yeah, obviously their air defense systems wouldn't have been at such heightened alert if they weren't afraid of being on the receiving end of American missiles on account of the US just committing an act of war against them.

There is no excuse for it, so it doesn't really matter. The only ones to blame are the Iranians for being either idiots, terrorists, or idiotic terrorists.

It seems to me that the killing of the Iranian general affected the Iranian military in away they made them more ultra sensitive than usual. Causing them to make a devastating mistake in shooting down that Ukraine jet killing 176 civilians.

So I wonder if there was no attack and killing of the Iranian general. Do you think that Ukraine plane would still have been shot down? or it would have made them not as trigger happy and ultra sensitive to make such a colossal mistake?

How far are you willing to play this chicken and egg game? We could be here a while....

Im not entirely sure that Iran shot that plane down....

but going with they did, people are responsible for their own actions....like when the americans dropped a bomb on some of our canadian soldiers in Afghanistan, we didnt blame it on Osama.....

is the suggestion Iran shot down a Ukrainian plane to respond to the US killing an Iranian general? Seems like an odd way to send a message, unless the plane carried some US political or military figure... I'd say there's a third option+ (*edit: more important questions) as usual and wondering if and why Iran shot it down is but obfuscation...

Lets make another poll: would the US have killed the general if the Iranians didn't attack a US base and burn the embassy (Albeit via proxy)

A simple question not fitting the context of the situation.
Would JFK have died if he wading exposing his body in a convertible? Therefore his fault he got shot and died ...

Obviously, no.
This isnt something that happened 6 years later, making it hard to track the cause and effect.
This was a direct result of the US's actions on Iran.

Im not entirely sure that Iran shot that plane down....

but going with they did, people are responsible for their own actions....like when the americans dropped a bomb on some of our canadian soldiers in Afghanistan, we didnt blame it on Osama.....
So Iran say they shot it down and you don't believe them?

Obviously, no.
This isnt something that happened 6 years later, making it hard to track the cause and effect.
This was a direct result of the US's actions on Iran.

Which was a result of Iran's actions in Iraq

Well yes. But I wouldn’t blame the shoot down on Donald’s dumb move. That’s 100% the Iranians dumb move.
When you start hostilities, there will always be mistakes made in identifying friend , foe and neutral parties. Iran being way way behind in tech and training is going to be much more prone to mistakes.

The US with order of magnitudes greater training and tech than Iran, still shot down an Iranian passenger aircraft.

I don't really like the premise of the question.

Trump's incompetence is no excuse for the IRGC incompetence

Which was a result of Iran's actions in Iraq
How far back do you want to go to see who is the root aggressor between Iran and the United States?

Even putting that ginormous point aside, the US cannot legally drop bombs in a foreign country in order to attack an enemy.
Mexico couldnt do a drone strike at LAX to target some general of an enemy country.
The US doesnt have a leg to stand on in this.
Just flat out wrong.
If the US hadnt done this strike on Solemani, the circumstances that made shooting down that plane possible wouldnt exist.

How far back do you want to go to see who is the root aggressor between Iran and the United States?

Even putting that ginormous point aside, the US cannot legally drop bombs in a foreign country in order to attack an enemy.
Mexico couldnt do a drone strike at LAX to target some general of an enemy country.
The US doesnt have a leg to stand on in this.
Just flat out wrong.
If the US hadnt done this strike on Solemani, the circumstances that made shooting down that plane possible wouldnt exist.

You can go back a thousand years

But killing suleimani was a direct result of the attack on the US embassy in Iraq which still falls under our protection

The US embassy is considered US territory. It's treated as if Iran, via proxy, orchestrated an attack of a federal building in Washington

Yes, but if they hadn't thrown the tea in the harbour in the first place, then all this would have been avoided.

So Iran say they shot it down and you don't believe them?
not sure what to believe in all that...much like most other war conflicts....rarely is it the truth that comes out....

it wasnt some dude out there on a camel with a rocket launcher that took it out....it was a computerized system that fired by accident....or something....its definitely not to Iran's benefit that it did.....could have been an accident....malfunction....hack job....what we know of the evidence points to Iran, Iran says it was them...so seems like an open n shut case....at face value

what also deserves a little mention is that in the days after the General was killed, the Iraqi PM claimed that Trump had threatened him with false flag attacks to inflame the situation if he and other members of Iraqi parliament didnt toe the american line, it deserves a mention because thats standard MO for American Foreign Policy and if true....it shows that Trump has that particular policy well in hand

edit: sorry, the Iraqi PM said these things in the weeks leading up to the assassination, not in the days after*

Better question.

If we knew these attacks were coming as was claimed, why didn't we tell all the airlines not fly over Iraq and Iran?

If we did, then WTF were they doing flying over Iraq and Iran?

Ukranian airlines weren't the only ones. Looked to me that just about every carrier in the world who operates there, was still flying over a area they should have known live fire was occurring in.

This leaves two options, they weren't told, which is a collosal fuck up, or they were told, and chose to keep their schedule over keeping their passengers safe.

Back