If Prime Fedor Fought In The UFC

I agree that if he fought the last era of heavyweights he would have their souls.
Tho this current HW Division would give him fits. Specifically Cain,Werdum,Stipe,JDS, and Ecoreem.
He would still be champ tho. NO ONE has his speed power and skill set ever.

Cain and Werdum, yes. Both greats.

Stipe, JDS and Econoreem no. Stipe aint on Fedor's level, JDS is a shadow of his former self, and Econoreem is a house built on sand, as Stipe is going to prove shortly. This is still the same guy who got obliterated by Ben Rothwell. As soon as Fedor started throwing hands the Econoreem would fold in on himself like a wet sandcastle.

I think fedor would be dominant in the ufc, to bad he never tried to go in the ufc

Fedor always fought in the org with the best HW talent before his fall, from PRIDE to Affliction to Strikeforce.

Back then the UFC HW division was a joke. Fedor, Mirko, Nog or Barnett would have all dominated as UFC HW champ in that time/era.

Cain and Werdum, yes. Both greats.

Stipe, JDS and Econoreem no. Stipe aint on Fedor's level, JDS is a shadow of his former self, and Econoreem is a house built on sand, as Stipe is going to prove shortly. This is still the same guy who got obliterated by Ben Rothwell. As soon as Fedor started throwing hands the Econoreem would fold in on himself like a wet sandcastle.
Stipe has the length and size to bother fedor. The only thing is that Fedor was a fast explosive psychopath. I love stipe he would put up a fight but he would lose. His Boxing and Defensive Wrestling would trouble fedor. Also I am talking about prime JDS. Not the one post Cain.

Cage is almost a different sport, but Fedor's skill was best ever for a HW

He might have copped a loss here and there, but odds are he'd been similarly successful

Put all the HW's from now in the Pride ring/rules and I'd favour prime Fedor over anyone

If it was prime Fedor in UFC of that era, he would have ran the place. If it's prime Fedor in 2016 UFC, he would probably be top 5-10 but it's a different sport now. He doesn't train like a modern fighter and he's too reckless. Guys like Cain, JDS and even Reem would give him a lot of trouble.

He'd have been top 5 but no higher. Anyone who isn't clouded by bias understands this, so no one on sherdog. Joe Rogan, maybe. Not sherdog.

Fedor in his early 20s had solid grappling base, power, explosiveness, iron chin and great fight IQ. I'm sure he would have developod his talent even better today and dominate the division, he had all the predispositions.

He shouldn't even be fighting at heavyweight, but at LHW, like Cormier.

Today the heavyweights are around 240 lbs in great shape, skilled and mma is a lot more tactical then in the past.
He fought at a time were the most skilled heavyweights were 220 pounds and still quite one dimensional or straight up 300 pounds monsters with 0 skills.

I would have loved to see him against Randy when they were both pushing for that fight, i don't remember why it fell off.

I'm a big fan of Fedor, but his gold years were +10 years ago, the fighters and the game evolve, he would have won against a couple of guys, but the top 5 would beat him

C: Stipe
1: Werdum
2: Cain
3: Alistair
4: JDS
5: Rothwell
6: AA
7: Browne

I think he would do very well. Werdum is 39 years old and was just the champ until recently. Overeem is great at his best but is inconsistent. He has three KO losses since 2013. Stipe, Cain, and JDS could all give a prime Fedor trouble but I'm not sure any of them are a slam dunk win. I'm not saying he'd be the utterly dominant force that he was back then but he would certainly be in contention for the title.

Fedor in his early 20s had solid grappling base, power, explosiveness, iron chin and great fight IQ. I'm sure he would have developod his talent even better today and dominate the division, he had all the predispositions.

Again I would say if he'd trained in the US in recent years I suspect he wouldn't have been as good, a lot of his success standing came from learning more high end boxing technique not the very simplified style of most US camps, he probably would have ended up a lot less dangerous on the ground as well focusing more on controlling decisions.

Who cares. This gets brought up every few weeks.

He's not in his prime anymore. Get over it.

Again I would say if he'd trained in the US in recent years I suspect he wouldn't have been as good, a lot of his success standing came from learning more high end boxing technique not the very simplified style of most US camps, he probably would have ended up a lot less dangerous on the ground as well focusing more on controlling decisions.

I doubt he would ever train in the USA.

I think a prime Fedor would have done very well in the UFC and would most likely have been HW champion a time or two.

Fedor was amazing in his day and people that can't acknowledge that are doing themselves a disservice.

He'd be top 10, not sure if he could make top 5. Would've loved to see prime Fedor vs. prime Arlovski.

Fedor only has 3 World HW title defenses in his whole career. He fought freak shows and pro wrestlers with no mma experience while he was the champion. And got knocked the fuck out by a middle weight and destroyed by fabio fucking maldanado in a fight where he hand picked the ref and judges.

His real legitimate record he is 3-3 in his only sanctioned, commissioned, and drug tested fights he ever had.

He wouldn't be undefeated in the UFC then or now.

We already know what happened when Fedor fought the 2 best heavyweights in the UFC during his prime.
To sum it up:

fedorsylvia.gif

thumbnail_crop.php

The only question is if the cage would have made a difference. I think not.

We already know what happened when Fedor fought the 2 best heavyweights in the UFC during his prime.
To sum it up:

fedorsylvia.gif

thumbnail_crop.php

The only question is if the cage would have made a difference. I think not.

To be fair, prime Mir would've been the real face of the HW division of that time. Arlovski and Tim had to fill the void. Neither of them were in their prime when they faced Fedor either.

Back