If Prime Fedor Fought In The UFC

I think if he had fought in the UFC during his prime we wouldn't get 50 stupid threads asking how he would have done in the UFC in his prime per month.

People would have ridiculed him for fucking the PRIDE GOATS.

He would beat everyone I think except Ubereeem & ecoReem, JDS, Stipe,

I think he could beat Cain they are similar sort of. But Fedor is a more dangerous striker, with more power and a better ground game, he could submit Cain or tko him or win a decision.

JDS is a really powerful striker. Fedor did take prime cro cop who also had solid tdd, but JDS could definitely drop and tko Fedor.

I think Stipe could beat Fedor I'd give it 60/40 for Stipe.

Reem could definitely finish Fedor by strikes and Ecoreem and ubereem are very very hard to takedown let alone hold down.

Pride's HW division was way way better than the current UFC HW division. Watch some of the fights on youtube, don't buy the myth that Fedor only won because he was the first well-rounded guy, that's bullshit. Besides Fedor won most of his fights by beating the grapplers at grappling and the strikers at striking. Don't believe the bullshit that people like Black Beast, Hapa Browne, or even Miocic are some other level compared to event he guys at the bottom of Pride's division like James Thompson, Heath Herring, Soa Palelei, Werdum, Rizzo, Le Banner, Ogawa,Taktarov, Waterman, Kerr, etc.. etc..

If you merged the pride HW division from 2004-2005 with the UFC HW division today all of the top 5 and 8/10 of the top 10 would be Pride guys.

Can you imagine Black beast vs Jerome Le Banner? How brutally Black Beast would get KO'd in the first round?

im gonna say he would do pretty well. he would be right up there with cain and stipe and junior

No one would ever utter GOAT and McGregor in the same sentence

It was commonly accepted here at that time, that Fedor would destroy everyone in the UFC. Many argued he could walk thru the ufc top 10 in one night

If he'd have trained in the US today he would have ended up leaning "boxing/MT for dummies" rather than the more advanced techniques he actually did.

Would all things be equal? For example, MMA has improved since Fedor was in his prime...guys are more well rounded and better trained today....so if your asking a loaded question, like, would better trained, more rounded fighter beat, poorly trained Fedor...then its a stupid question.....but if you are asking if a 25 year old Fedor, trained in the better rounded methods used in 2016 by all fighters, would he do as well? Yah, he'd do as well all things being equal....

Prime Fedor in this current division would be champion. However Cain,Miocic, JDS and EcoReem would give him fits. Also Werdum.

He'd clean house. As would Crocop and Nog. Those guys were highly technical and tough as all hell.

The only guy who could maybe beat them would be the very best version of Cain (circa UFC 166).
I agree that if he fought the last era of heavyweights he would have their souls.
Tho this current HW Division would give him fits. Specifically Cain,Werdum,Stipe,JDS, and Ecoreem.
He would still be champ tho. NO ONE has his speed power and skill set ever.

Can you show me any kind of evolution in heavyweight MMA, seems It stayed more or less same than it was 10 years ago. Even I would go further & say 10 years ago majority of HW fights in Pride were more technical than what we watch today on UFC.
Yeah, I think prime Kharitonov and Fedor would both be top 5 now. Hell, I think Kharitonov could train MMA full time for six months and then come over and win the UFC belt right now. Hasn't he already beaten Werdum, Overeem, and Arlovski?

Fedor was beaten by one non-juiced fighter, and that was Werdum after Fedor was clearly declining. No shame in that. I think prime GOAT would be as good as anyone in UFC right now.

Yeah, I think prime Kharitonov and Fedor would both be top 5 now. Hell, I think Kharitonov could train MMA full time for six months and then come over and win the UFC belt right now. Hasn't he already beaten Werdum, Overeem, and Arlovski?

Fedor was beaten by one non-juiced fighter, and that was Werdum after Fedor was clearly declining. No shame in that. I think prime GOAT would be as good as anyone in UFC right now.

The Sergei of 03-07 would I think definitely be up there with the best HW's today and have a good shot at becoming champion.

If fedor fought in the UFC instead of PRIDE in his prime he would have held the belt for awhile. The division in the UFC was Monson, Sylvia, AA, Couture, Ricco, etc

during Fedor's era, he would have embarrassed every single heavyweight in the UFC. He DID embarrass the two dominant heavyweights from the ufc during his era after PRIDE.

Randy would have Son'd him

Fedor and Nog were always horrible matchups for Randy IMHO as they would have been next to impossible to gameplan. Couture always depended on making sure a lot of the match was in a safe area for him but when facing guys who outclass him both striking wise AND sub grappling wise that becomes difficult.

Generally I think Randy made a smart move staying away from Japan post RINGs as it ment he faced a lot less in the way of dangerous sub fighters.

Randy would have Son'd him

I dont think so, I think Randy would have got finished, his strength was in the clinch and Fedor when he actually used his talents he would have thrown him all over the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back