If Prime Fedor Fought In The UFC

Fedor was great when fighters weren't as good as they are today. If he were to fight in the UFC at his strongest point, he wouldn't be nearly as successful as he was

If Fedor was in his prime and he started fighting in the UFC, would he be undefeated or would he be unable to beat the top level fighters? I've seen a lot people say that the only reason he was undefeated was because he fought cans and that he's overrated I haven't watched all of his fights, so I can't comment on that, but I saw his fight with Werdum and he got submitted in round 1, so I don't know how he'd do against guys like Overeem, Miocic, Cain, etc.

What do you guys think

He'd clean house. As would Crocop and Nog. Those guys were highly technical and tough as all hell.

The only guy who could maybe beat them would be the very best version of Cain (circa UFC 166).

Let's be fair here and give Sylvia his due, he was a great HW at the time as much as people hate to admit it. Arlovski was good too. Fedor beat both of them regardless, before both of their declines too so really the only guys he didn't fight was Mir and Randy, and you're right I don't see either of them beating prime Fedor.

Yeah, he had one of the best streaks ever in terms of UFC heavyweight title defenses. And when Fedor fought him, Fedor was already on the downslide due to lack of discipline in training camps and relying on God's will instead of game-planning. He was good enough to get away with that for a bit, but eventually reality caught up to him and Werdum clowned him.

But yes, there was really no one in the UFC that was a threat to him. I mean, I respect Randy for trying to fight him, but, well, it would have been ugly. Mir, same thing. I mean, what did Mir bring to the fight? Doubtful he could have gotten it to the ground, and on the feet, well, no contest. Even on the ground Fedor was fast and explosive as fuck. It was not as if people were submitting him. Shit, he beat the hell out of Nog, when he was an underdog against him, from inside Nog's guard.

(anyone doing the Nog/Mir math, don't. By the time they fought, Nog was a shell of his former self, with the beatings he took from Fedor (twice), Sapp, CroCop, etc. Guy was amazingly tough, and paid a hell of a price for it. All possible respect for one of the toughest guys ever)

Fedor is a ring fighter and only a ring fighter. But maybe after losing a couple he will get used to the cage and go on a run. But I don't see him beating guys like Cain or DC in a cage, prime or no prime

In a Pride ring, probably.

The cage and the UFC ruleset favour wrestlers with Cain's style though.

Not in this life....

image.jpg

Fedor would kick the shit outta that cabrone Velasquez.

This is one of my dream fights. Cain would be the, IMO, best wrestler Fedor ever faced. He would need to be on-fucking-point to win this. (yeah, I know what happened with Randleman)

if there was one dominant org with all the best fighters and he fought all of them consistently over an extended period of time he would have lost, but still been the best.

Fedor was great when fighters weren't as good as they are today. If he were to fight in the UFC at his strongest point, he wouldn't be nearly as successful as he was

Of course he could improve as well. Like learn to fucking shrimp. He relied too much on explosive hips. I mean, I am sure he knew, but we saw no evidence of it during his fight with Bigfoot.

Prime Fedor would most likely get owned in USADA era UFC.

I was not born english speaker but do you know this one ?
If my aunt had balls I'd call her "uncle".
I guess it answers this thread pretty well

Considering that during his "prime years", the UFC HW champs were guys like Silvia and Arlovski, I think he would have done just fine.

If Fedor was in his prime and he started fighting in the UFC, would he be undefeated or would he be unable to beat the top level fighters? I've seen a lot people say that the only reason he was undefeated was because he fought cans and that he's overrated I haven't watched all of his fights, so I can't comment on that, but I saw his fight with Werdum and he got submitted in round 1, so I don't know how he'd do against guys like Overeem, Miocic, Cain, etc.

What do you guys think
Fedor was in the Number one Org in the world during his Prime he also beat the UFC heavy weight champions that were holding belts while he was holding his in PRIDE... He beat the whos who of his era.. Its all hypothetical as to how well he would fair in his Prime against todays heavies but we do know he was the best in the world during his era. He is the longest reigning censuses #1 ranked P4P fighter in the history of MMA, dont let n00bs who didnt see his run tell you otherwise, he is one of the best fighters to ever compete in MMA historically.

Considering that during his "prime years", the UFC HW champs were guys like Silvia and Arlovski, I think he would have done just fine.

Right. People seem to forget, or ignore, that Fedor beat the shit out of multiple UFC champs. It does not help that you have assholes like Dana saying "Fedor's never fought anybody." So I guess a collection of UFC champs are a bunch of nobodies.

What do you guys think

Lets review noughties UFC HWs compared to Fedor.

Tim Silvia: Fedor goes home with his arm,

Young Mir: Fedor prob keeps it standing and takes a UD - drab affair.

Young Barnett - Fedor UD again. Barnett's pride form subsequent to UFC says he wasn't elite compared to other top HWs (Fedor, Nog, Crocop)

Randy: Fedor by sub

Monson: Easy peasy

Rizzo: ditto

Young Arlovski: Fedor would be fave but pitbull was fast and explosive. He was winning their affliction fight until he ran into a fist. Pre Silvia losses, he would give Fedor stiffest test.

Have i left anyone out?

Yes. Prime Fedor in the current UFC. It's too bad Fedor didn't fight in the UFC when he was in his prime.
no it actually would of been to bad if he did, cause the best fighters in the world were in PRIDE where he was

Forgot Brandon Vera.

Fedor would have starched him

Lets review noughties UFC HWs compared to Fedor.

Tim Silvia: Fedor goes home with his arm,

Young Mir: Fedor prob keeps it standing and takes a UD - drab affair.

Young Barnett - Fedor UD again. Barnett's pride form subsequent to UFC says he wasn't elite compared to other top HWs (Fedor, Nog, Crocop)

Randy: Fedor by sub

Monson: Easy peasy

Rizzo: ditto

Young Arlovski: Fedor would be fave but pitbull was fast and explosive. He was winning their affliction fight until he ran into a fist. Pre Silvia losses, he would give Fedor stiffest test.

Have i left anyone out?

No, but Fedor beat Sylvia's head in and choked his ass out instead. And Sylvia was what, one fight away from having lost his title?

Back