If Prime Fedor Fought In The UFC

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If Fedor was in his prime and he started fighting in the UFC, would he be undefeated or would he be unable to beat the top level fighters? I've seen a lot people say that the only reason he was undefeated was because he fought cans and that he's overrated I haven't watched all of his fights, so I can't comment on that, but I saw his fight with Werdum and he got submitted in round 1, so I don't know how he'd do against guys like Overeem, Miocic, Cain, etc.

What do you guys think

He would have enjoyed success back in the day. The UFC's heavyweight division wasn't as...let's say strong as it is today.

It is tough to take a guy out of one era and put him into a new one. If he was 25 years old right now, he'd be doing a lot of different things to compete in today's UFC.

But if you just took prime Fedor from that era and dropped him in today's UFC, he'd still do very well. Undefeated? Probably not. But let's not pretend like today's heavyweights are anything special. They are usually the weakest division, as far as talent is concerned.

Overeem was around then, by the way. I remember watching him get beat several times by guys back in that era.

Then I stopped watching for a few years, and the next time I saw him he was a roided up monster. Let's not pretend Overeem is some special talent. He was getting wrecked in Japan.

If Prime Fedor would have fought in the UFC during his prime (2002-2008, give or take a few years), he would have cleaned house.

Against todays HW division? Who knows. Several top fighters would definitely be challenging fights for him. But he would definitely be a top 10 fighter, likely top 5.

You mean prime Fedor in the current UFC? It is tough to take a guy out of one era and put him into a new one. If he was 25 years old right now, he'd be doing different things to compete in today's UFC.

But if you just took prime Fedor from that era and dropped him in today's UFC, he'd do very well. Undefeated? Probably not.
Yes. Prime Fedor in the current UFC. It's too bad Fedor didn't fight in the UFC when he was in his prime.

Fedor is simply rusty. I still believe in my heart he's the best. If he's in shape and his cousin is judging the fight he's unbeatable imo.

I see Cain Velasquez giving hi trouble, Stipe Miocic would have given him a good fight and Fabricio Werdum well he lost to him already. I can see Fedor having a great career in the UFC if he were 25 years old.

If Prime Fedor would have fought in the UFC during his prime (2002-2008, give or take a few years), he would have cleaned house.

Against todays HW division? Who knows. Several top fighters would definitely be challenging fights for him. But he would definitely be a top 10 fighter, likely top 5.

All of the biggest and best at the time were in Pride. The only name UFC fighters that were not and worth a shit are Randy and Mir. And we saw what Randy had for Zombie Nog.

I do not think anybody can honestly say that Mir had a reasonable chance against prime Fedor. Otherwise, he was, what, 7-1 against UFC champs? Nog was UFC champ after Fedor bounced his head off the canvas like he was dribbling a basketball. Was painful to watch.

Yes. Prime Fedor in the current UFC. It's too bad Fedor didn't fight in the UFC when he was in his prime.

Not really. Pride had the better heavyweights during Fedor's prime.

The UFC was not what it is today, in that era.

All of the biggest and best at the time were in Pride. The only name UFC fighters that were not and worth a shit are Randy and Mir. And we saw what Randy had for Zombie Nog.

I do not think anybody can honestly say that Mir had a reasonable chance against prime Fedor. Otherwise, he was, what, 7-1 against UFC champs? Nog was UFC champ after Fedor bounced his head off the canvas like he was dribbling a basketball. Was painful to watch.

Let's be fair here and give Sylvia his due, he was a great HW at the time as much as people hate to admit it. Arlovski was good too. Fedor beat both of them regardless, before both of their declines too so really the only guys he didn't fight was Mir and Randy, and you're right I don't see either of them beating prime Fedor.

We'll never know. The rules and ring in Pride I feel benefited him more than the rules and octagon of the u.f.c would.

A 2002 -2006 Fedor could beat any man that has ever stepped foot in the UFC. I don't think his record would have stayed undefeated there for numerous reasons, not just the caliber of fighters.

Still the No.1 pfp king in the history of mma and the only HW that had pound for pound status in MMA

How would Fedor do in a worse division than the one he dominated in Pride? Hmm. I'd like to ask the audience Chris.

If he would have fought in the UFC when he was in his prime & active ( 2002-2008 circa) he would have achieved same kind of success. Now days can't say, cause he would have then upgraded his training & S&C. Who know, but he would have been successful may not be undefeated but successful. He would have been in top 3.

How would Fedor do in a worse division than the one he dominated in Pride? Hmm. I'd like to ask the audience Chris.

07ea0f1def11e1404adaa42144404e2d.jpg

We can only speculate and dream. Would have loved to see it. I'm curious as to his next move now.

I'm a big fan of Fedor, but his gold years were +10 years ago, the fighters and the game evolve, he would have won against a couple of guys, but the top 5 would beat him

We can only speculate and dream. Would have loved to see it. I'm curious as to his next move now.

At this point I would like to see him getting retired. No point fighting in this kind of rusty shape.

I'm a big fan of Fedor, but his gold years were +10 years ago, the fighters and the game evolve, he would have won against a couple of guys, but the top 5 would beat him

Can you show me any kind of evolution in heavyweight MMA, seems It stayed more or less same than it was 10 years ago. Even I would go further & say 10 years ago majority of HW fights in Pride were more technical than what we watch today on UFC.

Back