If it's happening, there's no doubt in my mind TJ beats Yan spectaculary

Hear me out: TJ vs McGregor, non title fight, in the hospital recovery ward. Referee is...you guessed it Justin Bieber.
Do you not find it wierd trying to inject mcgregor into a conversation about a completely different division and unrelated fighter.

TJ looked horrible bro and got styled on. He is no longer the same fighter, should be on a two fight losing streak, and I was even pulling for him. He was like Loma of MMA, super dynamic, but he turned into a Mike Perry version of Randy Couture. The corrupt blind judges gifted him that on a silver platter, and unless he gets lucky or the judges are even more corrupt or incompetent, he is not leaving with the belt.

That fight stunk and tj did zero damage. You are an idiot sober apparently

Yan kills Dillashaw

This fight was great because, even though I faded TJ, it boosts his value going into his next fight, and I can fade him even harder

So i just rewatched TJ/Sandhagen in a sober state, and alot of things came to my mind when it was over:

1. TJ's pressure and gastank was incredible. More importantly, his chin is better than ever. Sandhagen clocked him with two flying knees, a straight right that dropped him and a hard punch after the bell. Never came close of finishing him.

2. TJ's pattened headmovement was still there. Cory missed alot of shots due to TJ's excellent slipping abilities. This wasn't stoneage pressure like Moutinho applied.

3. The fighters that gives TJ the most trouble are the tall lanky tricky strikers like Cruz and Cory. Cory was TJ's worst matchup today. Otherwise you need a attribute that sticks out to beat TJ. Dodson in his prime had unparalelled speed, Cejudo had olympic caliber wrestling that helped him keep TJ from scrambling back up after dropping him. And Cruz is Cruz. Assuncao was a robbery.

4. Yan doesn't have anything that sticks out. His power isn't anything special. He's just good everywhere. I even think TJ is better than him in alot of positions. Sterling is a great BJJ expert but he is no threat standing, so TJ wrecks him too.

Say hello to the second 3 time champion in UFC history

1616150499_BREAKING-TJ-Dillashaw-atervander-fran-tvaarsavstangning-for-att-mota-Cory.jpg
No, it wouldn't even be competitive past the 2nd round.

Dilly Bar will be out until 2022.... and Yan will absolutely knock him the fuck out.

He's great everywhere, not just good. Also, his ability to simplify things and slow everything down is amazing. People underestimate him because of it. He systematically dismantles TJ right now.
Yeah he’s way off base there. He has shown great skills everywhere, and even if he hadn’t, anyone who doesn’t recognize his MMA boxing as A+ doesn’t know what they’re looking at.

sr prim
Yan soooo overrated....looked decent against aljo and beat Faber and a past his prime aldo....I just don't see it.. look who at who Tj beat in his career...its not even close who has the better resume...plus Yan is a slow starter and will give away a round or two....which means he would have to 10-8 TJ in on of the last 3 rounds. Not happening

We aren't comparing resumes, they have to fight. Yan is young, good, and getting better. TJ has a few miles and looks to have lost a step.

TJ can't wrestle or out strike Yan.

Yan also doesn't break and has shown he can face adversity no problem. TJ gets hurt bad.

TJ is thanking the stars he got gifted the fight vs Sandhagen, now I will say he looked better than expected.
But he’s on the tail end of things and most likely isn’t going to get any sharper. Yan is an absolute killer and is the future of the division.

So i just rewatched TJ/Sandhagen in a sober state, and alot of things came to my mind when it was over:

1. TJ's pressure and gastank was incredible. More importantly, his chin is better than ever. Sandhagen clocked him with two flying knees, a straight right that dropped him and a hard punch after the bell. Never came close of finishing him.

2. TJ's pattened headmovement was still there. Cory missed alot of shots due to TJ's excellent slipping abilities. This wasn't stoneage pressure like Moutinho applied.

3. The fighters that gives TJ the most trouble are the tall lanky tricky strikers like Cruz and Cory. Cory was TJ's worst matchup today. Otherwise you need a attribute that sticks out to beat TJ. Dodson in his prime had unparalelled speed, Cejudo had olympic caliber wrestling that helped him keep TJ from scrambling back up after dropping him. And Cruz is Cruz. Assuncao was a robbery.

4. Yan doesn't have anything that sticks out. His power isn't anything special. He's just good everywhere. I even think TJ is better than him in alot of positions. Sterling is a great BJJ expert but he is no threat standing, so TJ wrecks him too.

Say hello to the second 3 time champion in UFC history

1616150499_BREAKING-TJ-Dillashaw-atervander-fran-tvaarsavstangning-for-att-mota-Cory.jpg
Agreed.

hear me out, dont ask people to hear you out if your going to say the stupidest thing you can think of.

Actually, hear me out, you should only do that.
So, I'm new here. Thanks for being the first negative comment to come my way.

Do you not find it wierd trying to inject mcgregor into a conversation about a completely different division and unrelated fighter.
Do you not find it weird being rude to a complete stranger in an MMA forum for no reason. Your post says more about you than it does about MMA. Good luck, chief.

I slightly favour Yan but people forgot old man Aldo gave him a tough time just last year.

Aldo may be old and past his prime, but he still gives everyone trouble for as long as his gas tank lasts.

Looking forward to yan by TKO followed by TJ having a melt down and popping

Literally 1 min into the fight.

tumblr_p0qxb41O5f1r7vh24o1_540.gifv

Yan was far from flawless like you originally said bud. He definitely lost the 1st round and was eating a lot of strikes. He was only dominating in the grappling and the fight was pretty even until the 4th. Even with the takedowns he wasn't making Sterling pay. Most likely why he lost his cool. Maybe you need a rewatch.
Yes, this was a lucky strike that landed very quickly. But i would be more impressed if Marlon had outclassed him like Yan did. If Marlon and Sterling had a rematch, i think Marlon is in trouble.

"He definitely lost the 1st round and was eating a lot of strikes."
-Oh yeah? You might want to rewatch that round bud. 1st half of the round, Sterling wastes all of his energy and barely lands anything clean. 2nd half of the round, Yan scores a KNOCKDOWN, sweeps his leg out, and lands a takedown. So if you think Sterling "definitely" won this round, you're on crack. Even the scorecards you sent earlier had two judges scoring this round for Yan. Yes, the judges suck. But you dont exactly have a strong case if the evidence you're providing is working against you.

Do you not find it weird being rude to a complete stranger in an MMA forum for no reason. Your post says more about you than it does about MMA. Good luck, chief.

I see it everywhere and its wierd as hell.

As sharp and well rounded as Yan is Im really curious how good Dilly does considering he may be the lager fighter of two. Yan does well being the smaller fighter in his fights tho, he deals with it well and still gets everything off he desires.

Maybe. Let's see how long his knee takes to recover, while Yan fights Sterling.

The timing could be perfect.

I don't disagree with you about TJ's slips. However, he also got blasted by straights a LOT. Yan has sick boxing fundamentals. But TJ closes distance and puts on pressure.

It's a good fight. I certainly disagree with 'spectacularly'.
Yan is one of the few legitimate boxers to take mma seriously. This has the makings of a good and even fight.

Back