If it's happening, there's no doubt in my mind TJ beats Yan spectaculary

I don't see TJ being able to withstand the pressure for 25 minutes.
Yan is not going to allow himself being hold against the cage like Cory did.

On the other hand.. TJ via DQ (Yan Brainfart) in the 4th round.

One thing Yan actually does very well is handling pressure. Sterling put on THE pressure against him and Yan responded excellent. This is the aspect im most intrigued about.

However, Sterlings pressure wasn't anything like TJ displayed.
Ya. Sterling was pressuring without any threats. Very interesting matchup, indeed.

I strongly disagree with point #2. He got tagged often Saturday.

I don't agree that Yan isn't great at anything. Yan has great striking and wrestling. I think Yan beats TJ on the feet if they ever fight.

Based on what? Prime Barao maybe, but TJ? Nah. No one has been able to beat 'bang' TJ badly except for Cejudo, and we all know what was the case there. Depleting your body weakens your body.

You can make whatever excuses you want for Henry beating the shit out of TJ. The fact is both Henry and Yan dismantle him, especially right now.

TJ is 35 and just likely just tore an ACL. So he will be 36 at the earliest if he fights Yan. It's over. This was his last good fight.
First of all, rotational damage from a heel hook is not going to tear your ACL 9 times out of 10. Your LCL/MCL (depending on where you turn) are going to be damaged before your ACL can bear the brunt.
Secondly, if TJ tore his ACL he would not be standing and throwing kicks for another 22 minutes of fighting.

You have no clue what you're talking about. He probably strained his MCL.

So i just rewatched TJ/Sandhagen in a sober state, and alot of things came to my mind when it was over:

1. TJ's pressure and gastank was incredible. More importantly, his chin is better than ever. Sandhagen clocked him with two flying knees, a straight right that dropped him and a hard punch after the bell. Never came close of finishing him.

2. TJ's pattened headmovement was still there. Cory missed alot of shots due to TJ's excellent slipping abilities. This wasn't stoneage pressure like Moutinho applied.

3. The fighters that gives TJ the most trouble are the tall lanky tricky strikers like Cruz and Cory. Cory was TJ's worst matchup today. Otherwise you need a attribute that sticks out to beat TJ. Dodson in his prime had unparalelled speed, Cejudo had olympic caliber wrestling that helped him keep TJ from scrambling back up after dropping him. And Cruz is Cruz. Assuncao was a robbery.

4. Yan doesn't have anything that sticks out. His power isn't anything special. He's just good everywhere. I even think TJ is better than him in alot of positions. Sterling is a great BJJ expert but he is no threat standing, so TJ wrecks him too.

Say hello to the second 3 time champion in UFC history

1616150499_BREAKING-TJ-Dillashaw-atervander-fran-tvaarsavstangning-for-att-mota-Cory.jpg

I think at this point Yan has cleaner boxing and better power, so in stand up fight I think he will have an advantage.

Yan is kind of a meathead though and isn’t gonna do the savvy things to win rounds, avoid danger, and in general maximize the chances of winning the way TJ will.

Fight could go either way.

I’m not sure I see the point about the stylistically matchups though.

What is the parallel among the guys who have beaten or arguably beaten TJ? Dom, Henry, Dodson and Sand is a diverse group.

Tj lost a lot of speed, either due to inactivity or loss of epo, the fight was slow and plodding compared to his fight with cruz.

The fact that you didn't use a picture of TJ after the Sandhagen fight is telling. That was a one-sided beat-down fumbled by the judges, who thought they were applying criteria from 2008. TJ got his knee tore up, was dropped, got stunned/wobbled multiple times, got his face busted to pulp, and landed no consequential offense the entire fight.

I slightly favour Yan but people forgot old man Aldo gave him a tough time just last year.

So i just rewatched TJ/Sandhagen in a sober state, and alot of things came to my mind when it was over:

1. TJ's pressure and gastank was incredible. More importantly, his chin is better than ever. Sandhagen clocked him with two flying knees, a straight right that dropped him and a hard punch after the bell. Never came close of finishing him.

2. TJ's pattened headmovement was still there. Cory missed alot of shots due to TJ's excellent slipping abilities. This wasn't stoneage pressure like Moutinho applied.

3. The fighters that gives TJ the most trouble are the tall lanky tricky strikers like Cruz and Cory. Cory was TJ's worst matchup today. Otherwise you need a attribute that sticks out to beat TJ. Dodson in his prime had unparalelled speed, Cejudo had olympic caliber wrestling that helped him keep TJ from scrambling back up after dropping him. And Cruz is Cruz. Assuncao was a robbery.

4. Yan doesn't have anything that sticks out. His power isn't anything special. He's just good everywhere. I even think TJ is better than him in alot of positions. Sterling is a great BJJ expert but he is no threat standing, so TJ wrecks him too.

Say hello to the second 3 time champion in UFC history

1616150499_BREAKING-TJ-Dillashaw-atervander-fran-tvaarsavstangning-for-att-mota-Cory.jpg

why is 3 time champ so amazing. it just means he had to regain the title multiple times lol.

I strongly disagree with point #2. He got tagged often Saturday.

This. Sandhagen landed 110 to TJ's 59 to the head. TJ got torched standing. Stunned at least once, dropped once, head snapped back a probably a dozen times, etc

Anyone who thinks TJ looked "good" striking is blind. Corey is 5'11" and had the reach so it makes sense, but it def went as expected with striking.
why is 3 time champ so amazing. it just means he had to regain the title multiple times lol.

Be fair. Getting back to the top after losing it is not easy which is why it's hardly ever done.

He's great everywhere, not just good. Also, his ability to simplify things and slow everything down is amazing. People underestimate him because of it. He systematically dismantles TJ right now.
sr prim
Yan soooo overrated....looked decent against aljo and beat Faber and a past his prime aldo....I just don't see it.. look who at who Tj beat in his career...its not even close who has the better resume...plus Yan is a slow starter and will give away a round or two....which means he would have to 10-8 TJ in on of the last 3 rounds. Not happening

idk how people think Yan loses when he put on the most flawless performance ever against Sterling (up until the illegal knee).

TJ had flaws in this fight. He was getting lit up badly.

sr prim
Yan soooo overrated....looked decent against aljo and beat Faber and a past his prime aldo....I just don't see it.. look who at who Tj beat in his career...its not even close who has the better resume...plus Yan is a slow starter and will give away a round or two....which means he would have to 10-8 TJ in on of the last 3 rounds. Not happening

Who TJ has beat in his career has little to do with where he's at right now. He just got the shit kicked out of him by Sandhagen and was clutching his waist on the fence praying to win rounds. His knee is fucked, his face is busted open and he's a shell of his former self. Nonsense.

I was skeptical of Yan as well for a while but it's very clear now that he's on a different level and only improving.

Let's have a side bet right now for $100 straight up, if you want TJ (If they actually fight of course). I'll pay up if I lose....
That bet won't go off as a pickem and you know it. And that is where the EV on TJ will be. That's why I took him against Sandhagen, I didn't favor him, but +160+ is just too good odds to not take TJ.

Back