If it's happening, there's no doubt in my mind TJ beats Yan spectaculary

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So i just rewatched TJ/Sandhagen in a sober state, and alot of things came to my mind when it was over:

1. TJ's pressure and gastank was incredible. More importantly, his chin is better than ever. Sandhagen clocked him with two flying knees, a straight right that dropped him and a hard punch after the bell. Never came close of finishing him.

2. TJ's pattened headmovement was still there. Cory missed alot of shots due to TJ's excellent slipping abilities. This wasn't stoneage pressure like Moutinho applied.

3. The fighters that gives TJ the most trouble are the tall lanky tricky strikers like Cruz and Cory. Cory was TJ's worst matchup today. Otherwise you need a attribute that sticks out to beat TJ. Dodson in his prime had unparalelled speed, Cejudo had olympic caliber wrestling that helped him keep TJ from scrambling back up after dropping him. And Cruz is Cruz. Assuncao was a robbery.

4. Yan doesn't have anything that sticks out. His power isn't anything special. He's just good everywhere. I even think TJ is better than him in alot of positions. Sterling is a great BJJ expert but he is no threat standing, so TJ wrecks him too.

Say hello to the second 3 time champion in UFC history

1616150499_BREAKING-TJ-Dillashaw-atervander-fran-tvaarsavstangning-for-att-mota-Cory.jpg

Maybe. Let's see how long his knee takes to recover, while Yan fights Sterling.

The timing could be perfect.

I don't disagree with you about TJ's slips. However, he also got blasted by straights a LOT. Yan has sick boxing fundamentals. But TJ closes distance and puts on pressure.

It's a good fight. I certainly disagree with 'spectacularly'.

Last edited:
TJ is 35 and just likely just tore an ACL. So he will be 36 at the earliest if he fights Yan. It's over. This was his last good fight.

TJ is 35 and just likely just tore an ACL. So he will be 36 at the earliest if he fights Yan. It's over. This was his last good fight.
Let's see what the X ray says. Could very well be a minor tear. I think it is.

One thing Yan actually does very well is handling pressure. Sterling put on THE pressure against him and Yan responded excellent. This is the aspect im most intrigued about.

However, Sterlings pressure wasn't anything like TJ displayed.

4. Yan doesn't have anything that sticks out. His power isn't anything special. He's just good everywhere. I even think TJ is better than him in alot of positions. Sterling is a great BJJ expert but he is no threat standing, so TJ wrecks him too.

He's great everywhere, not just good. Also, his ability to simplify things and slow everything down is amazing. People underestimate him because of it. He systematically dismantles TJ right now.

He's great everywhere, not just good. Also, his ability to simplify things and slow everything down is amazing. People underestimate him because of it. He systematically dismantles TJ right now.
You're describing Barao. That's exactly what made Barao so good. The way he dismantled Faber over 5 rounds, slowing his offense down... It was beauty in motion. There's two versions of Barao: Pre and post TJ.

Should be a fuckin banger if it happens regardless of outcome.

Hopefully it would be for a belt.

You're describing Barao. That's exactly what made Barao so good. The way he dismantled Faber over 5 rounds, slowing his offense down... It was beauty in motion. There's two versions of Barao: Pre and post TJ.

No I'm describing Yan, who would beat both Barao and TJ badly.

Yan beats everyone easily. He just walked through Aljo and would walk through Sandhagen.

They better hurry up and schedule his fights. According to his curse, TJ has 3 more wins until his next loss

No I'm describing Yan, who would beat both Barao and TJ badly.
Based on what? Prime Barao maybe, but TJ? Nah. No one has been able to beat 'bang' TJ badly except for Cejudo, and we all know what was the case there. Depleting your body weakens your body.

So i just rewatched TJ/Sandhagen in a sober state, and alot of things came to my mind when it was over:

1. TJ's pressure and gastank was incredible. More importantly, his chin is better than ever. Sandhagen clocked him with two flying knees, a straight right that dropped him and a hard punch after the bell. Never came close of finishing him.

2. TJ's pattened headmovement was still there. Cory missed alot of shots due to TJ's excellent slipping abilities. This wasn't stoneage pressure like Moutinho applied.

3. The fighters that gives TJ the most trouble are the tall lanky tricky strikers like Cruz and Cory. Cory was TJ's worst matchup today. Otherwise you need a attribute that sticks out to beat TJ. Dodson in his prime had unparalelled speed, Cejudo had olympic caliber wrestling that helped him keep TJ from scrambling back up after dropping him. And Cruz is Cruz. Assuncao was a robbery.

Say hello to the second 3 time champion in UFC history

1616150499_BREAKING-TJ-Dillashaw-atervander-fran-tvaarsavstangning-for-att-mota-Cory.jpg

Let's have a side bet right now for $100 straight up, if you want TJ (If they actually fight of course). I'll pay up if I lose....

Back