If it's happening, there's no doubt in my mind TJ beats Yan spectaculary

Sweater of Fedor is right.

People forget Yan's arguably the most talented boxer on UFC roser with one of the highest striking outputs combined with one of the best defences in the game.
Yan is fundamentally sound boxer with a nice guard and vicious combos.

TJ that I saw last weekend who blocks strikes with face, with will be wrecked by Yan's boxing combinations. I predict KO within 3 rounds.

Agreed. TJ can try to set whatever pace he wants but he will get swallowed up and broken down. There's nothing about what I saw from him on Saturday that tells me he's going to "beat Yan spectacularly". He could barely exploit Cory's glaring weakness which should have worked much better in his favor.

His heart and toughness can make it go the distance but I don't see him getting his hand raised against Yan.

Sandhagen was TJ's toughest matchup in the division... he was extremely fortunate to get the decision.

So i just rewatched TJ/Sandhagen in a sober state, and alot of things came to my mind when it was over:

1. TJ's pressure and gastank was incredible. More importantly, his chin is better than ever. Sandhagen clocked him with two flying knees, a straight right that dropped him and a hard punch after the bell. Never came close of finishing him.

2. TJ's pattened headmovement was still there. Cory missed alot of shots due to TJ's excellent slipping abilities. This wasn't stoneage pressure like Moutinho applied.

3. The fighters that gives TJ the most trouble are the tall lanky tricky strikers like Cruz and Cory. Cory was TJ's worst matchup today. Otherwise you need a attribute that sticks out to beat TJ. Dodson in his prime had unparalelled speed, Cejudo had olympic caliber wrestling that helped him keep TJ from scrambling back up after dropping him. And Cruz is Cruz. Assuncao was a robbery.

4. Yan doesn't have anything that sticks out. His power isn't anything special. He's just good everywhere. I even think TJ is better than him in alot of positions. Sterling is a great BJJ expert but he is no threat standing, so TJ wrecks him too.

Say hello to the second 3 time champion in UFC history

1616150499_BREAKING-TJ-Dillashaw-atervander-fran-tvaarsavstangning-for-att-mota-Cory.jpg
Surprising take given that TJ only managed a split. Not a dominant performance.

I'm not convinced TJ wins spectacularly but I do think he's Yan's toughest test so far based on last Saturday. I don't think Yan gives TJ the same problems that Sandhagen did. TJ's issue with Sandhagen was the height and length something Yan won't have on TJ. I do think TJ is a bit slower than he used to be, but he is a slicker and more varied striker than Yan, while Yan is more disciplined. Yan probably has a slight grappling advantage. I see TJ as a live dog. Yan is yet to have a signature win, beating Grandpa Faber and end of the line Aldo isn't that impressive IMO.

TJ put on a great gritty performance, but Yan is seriously underrated here. Guy is very very high level. Tj can beat aljo for sure but not Yan.

Hear me out: TJ vs McGregor, non title fight, in the hospital recovery ward. Referee is...you guessed it Justin Bieber.

hear me out, dont ask people to hear you out if your going to say the stupidest thing you can think of.

Actually, hear me out, you should only do that.

So i just rewatched TJ/Sandhagen in a sober state, and alot of things came to my mind when it was over:

1. TJ's pressure and gastank was incredible. More importantly, his chin is better than ever. Sandhagen clocked him with two flying knees, a straight right that dropped him and a hard punch after the bell. Never came close of finishing him.

2. TJ's pattened headmovement was still there. Cory missed alot of shots due to TJ's excellent slipping abilities. This wasn't stoneage pressure like Moutinho applied.

3. The fighters that gives TJ the most trouble are the tall lanky tricky strikers like Cruz and Cory. Cory was TJ's worst matchup today. Otherwise you need a attribute that sticks out to beat TJ. Dodson in his prime had unparalelled speed, Cejudo had olympic caliber wrestling that helped him keep TJ from scrambling back up after dropping him. And Cruz is Cruz. Assuncao was a robbery.

4. Yan doesn't have anything that sticks out. His power isn't anything special. He's just good everywhere. I even think TJ is better than him in alot of positions. Sterling is a great BJJ expert but he is no threat standing, so TJ wrecks him too.

1616150499_BREAKING-TJ-Dillashaw-atervander-fran-tvaarsavstangning-for-att-mota-Cory.jpg

I really wanted TJ to lose so I could say Tough Titties.

But the judges gifted him a decision, so I'll pronounce it different and say Tough... Titties.

lol at Yan being good everywhere but great at nothing. He is arguably the best striker in the division and has outstanding defensive wrestling. If he has a weakness it's that he shells up when he gets pushed back. He wants everything to be nice and slow before he starts throwing.

It's a fantastic matchup though. I could see Petr's technical boxing putting TJ on his butt, and I could see TJ's pace and cardio being a problem for Yan. Really hope this fight happens!

Reactions: JSN

If he can fight Sandhagen and beat him, I might start believing, lol.

But TJ showed a ton of heart in there. Slower, sloppier, getting hit more, but ton of heart.

Big old dummy,

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...l-cory-sandhagen-vs-t-j-dillashaw-scoretcards

"Sandhagen landed the cleaner and more damaging strikes throughout the fight, and even hurt Dillashaw on a couple of occasions. He also landed with more volume, with official UFC stats having him out-land Dillashaw 128 to 110 overall.

Sandhagen also had a significant advantage with head strikes, landing 110 shots to the head, compared to just 59 from Dillashaw.

Dillashaw landed some nice leg kicks on the latter rounds though, with official UFC stats crediting him with 41 strikes to Sandhagen’s legs. He went just 2 for 19 in takedowns, but it seems like judges credited him for having that control time on the fence.

For what it’s worth, MMA Decisions compiled various scores, and had 17 media members scoring it for 48-47 Sandhagen, compared to just six that gave it to Dillashaw.

D’Amato was also involved in another controversial split decision earlier in the card, giving Maycee Barber a questionable 29-28 score. 100% of the media members compiled had Miranda Maverick winning instead.

Ev2jarmUYAIl6YX

N1Mmdcx_d.webp

TOuTotM.jpg

Flawless? Really? Yan was pulling away, but flawless is a stretch. How is it flawless when the other guy landed more significant strikes or one judge had the other guy up? Flawless is what Marlon did to Sterling. Or what Jones did to Shogun or Silva did to Lebon, Franklin, and Forrest.
The judges scorecards means nothing to me since these judges are shit. Some of these judges just butchered the TJ / Cory fight. Idk if you actually watched the Sterling/Yan fight or if you just looked at the FightMetrics. If you watched the fight you would know that Sterling was being dismantled. No one else has done that to Sterling. TJ gets whooped against Yan.

Lol at "spectacularly"
TJ might very well win but you're reaching hard with the hyperbole. It'll be a dogfight which favors Yan.

Sand let TJ grab his back and hug him half of the fight at the cage, overall he folded mentally not being able to finish TJ. TJ did well for his first comeback fight but Sand is very frustrating letting TJ push him around with injured leg and eye.
I think if Yan loses it's cuz he got caught with something right on the sweet spot cuz he throws so much and TJ might land some good counter to drop him and throw a bunch of strikes on the ground before Yan can recover.

The judges scorecards means nothing to me since these judges are shit. Some of these judges just butchered the TJ / Cory fight. Idk if you actually watched the Sterling/Yan fight or if you just looked at the FightMetrics. If you watched the fight you would know that Sterling was being dismantled. No one else has done that to Sterling. TJ gets whooped against Yan.

Literally 1 min into the fight.

tumblr_p0qxb41O5f1r7vh24o1_540.gifv

Yan was far from flawless like you originally said bud. He definitely lost the 1st round and was eating a lot of strikes. He was only dominating in the grappling and the fight was pretty even until the 4th. Even with the takedowns he wasn't making Sterling pay. Most likely why he lost his cool. Maybe you need a rewatch.

Back