If I could change 2 rules in the UFC.....

There's only one rule I think I'd *really* want to change - bring back the old flexibility in fighter attire. Allow fighters to wear the gi if they so choose, and allow them to wear wrestling shoes if they don't kick.

There should be a pre requisite for non fight fans to watch a Iowa-Oklahoma State wrestling meet before getting into MMA. When you understand good wrestling, these grappling matches that are "boring" would be much more appreciated and the wrestling aspect of the sport would be far more appreciated.

I'd be for knees to the head of a downed opponent but against Soccer Kicks to the head. Soccer kicks to the head doesnt really showcase technicality and promotes sloppy technique imo.

Colton Smith- Mike Ricci was far from a barn burner but it was a good fight with a lot of activity.

I've been to UFC events, Big Ten basketball and football games(100,000 + in attendance),MLB, NBA, and NFL games. The most intense sporting event ive ever been to was a Iowa-Okie State Wrestling Meet.

5187149-LAS-iowa-osu-wrestling-01_16_2010-21.08.55.jpg

1) No punching.
2) No kicking.
3) No takedowns

Elbows and knees are okay. Ground fights are okay so long as one fighter slips and falls. In no other way can a ground battle be initiated.

Elbows and knees? Nothing against the clinch? No takedowns? Anderson Silva just became unbeatable, thanks.

Knives allowed to be used in all weight classes below 155.

On the subject of LnP. I dislike seeing it, but if you can't get up, it's your problem.

However I WOULD like to see quicker standups if the fighter on top is not staying busy. Nothing crazy mind you, but just more of a slight mindset change for the refs, Kinda like the Pride Ref's. They had a much better feel for when a fight should be stood up. I mean it's obvious when someone is just holding a guy down to hold him down and not working to advance or doing damage.

Other than that, add soccer kicks, also make 12 to 6 elbows legal, because half the time the refs let them go anyway.

Basically just use Pride FC rules.

1. Allow upkicks to be used against grounded opponents
2. One hand on the floor is not considered "grounded"
3. If a fighter leaves the back of his head as the only target, and gets hit there, its his own fault. Putting your head down is not a valid defense.

I also like the idea of refs being able to have 1 minute or so to review tape and make a call in times of uncertainty.

1. I'd like to see groin shots coming back...that was some of the brutal fights I miss back in the day...

2. Would like to see fighters able to wear shoes also but that means they cannot kick their opponent!

1 Card and money deduction for offences.
2 All strikes to the head of a downed opponent.

Don't really think any rule changes are needed... just get some proper fucking judges.

Elbows to the head while on the ground. (Too many good fights get stopped due to stupid cuts)

Pretty much the only rule I can think of.

1. No L&P. I'm sick of seeing wrestlers dry-hump a fighter for 15 minutes because they have a weak standup game. Put a max of 15 seconds for dry-humping before they get stood up.

In that case, no jabs. I'm sick of seeing a guy with good boxing simply jab their opponent without going for a knockout. Put a max of 15 jabs per round and then the fighter must go for the knockout. :rolleyes:

Also, do you ever think that the reason a lot of championship fights go the distance is because both fighters are just that good? If every championship fight ended with the champ KOing or submitting the challenger, one would start to question if the challenger was good enough to be there in the first place?

I'm trying to decide if 15 seconds is more than enough time to form a plan and then move to start getting it done. When your opponent is set on keeping you from not advancing guard it can be hard to get things done. I guess you could be punching him in the face instead though. I would like to see constant transitions and submission attempts, or gnp to finish/open up the previous options.

Then I think my hopes are too high and that most fighters can't possibly do that kind of pace.

No Change needed

what you have there is an artful representation of ultimate manhood. I can almost smell the hard earned sweat on their bodies... licking it off and imbibing their manly juices whilst I softly caress their rock hard and sore muscles... playing with their toes and shit

Beat me to it.

better idea

explain how you have a different career on each forum you belong to

http://www.myg37.com/forums/members/334048-tuckermaclain.html
about tuckermaclain
biography
army (combat engineer) / air force (missileer then physician) for 24 years. Retired 2010 to start a private practice.
interests
things with engines, home improvement, attractive women--the usual.
Occupation
ob/gyn physician

http://www.electriciantalk.com/members/tuckermaclain-20331/
about tuckermaclain
what is your electrical related field/trade:
Electrical supplier

rock on

wtf?

Last edited:
Back