If I could change 2 rules in the UFC.....

Yes, knee's to the head of a downed opponent. But if this happened someone you hate would probably get more finishes.

who cares would actually have some fights. No longer can you pull guard like a *** to stall. If dude gets side control he knees your fuckin face off

1. No L&P. I'm sick of seeing wrestlers dry-hump a fighter for 15 minutes because they have a weak standup game. Put a max of 15 seconds for dry-humping before they get stood up.

2. Champion finishing bonus: Champions only get 50% of their purse if they finish by decision. Additionally, if a champ has a finishing rate of < 50%, he must vacate the belt. We can call this "The GSP rule. This will ensure that the champs fight like they did climbing the ladder, and penalize them for doing less than their best.

3. Red cards would be a good idea.

1... this already a rule... you get stood up for inactivity... its not applied consistently
but it is still a rule.

2... I think you misunderstand the definition of the word bonus and I see no point
to this rule... I have seen many 3 and 5 round decisions that were exciting fights and
I have seen fights that were boring as hell that ended in a finish.

3... really red cards would be good idea for what... have Dana wave them when
hes unhappy?

And for the love of god... KNEES TO A DOWNED OPPONENT IS NOT ILLEGAL!
You are not allowed to knee someone in the head when they are down.
Jones kneed shogun when shogun was on all fours
GSP kneed serra when serra was on all fours
neither one was disqualified or had a point deducted... in fact that was when both fights were stopped
and both GSP and jones were declared the winners.

1. No L&P. I'm sick of seeing wrestlers dry-hump a fighter for 15 minutes because they have a weak standup game. Put a max of 15 seconds for dry-humping before they get stood up.

2. Champion finishing bonus: Champions only get 50% of their purse if they finish by decision. Additionally, if a champ has a finishing rate of < 50%, he must vacate the belt. We can call this "The GSP rule. This will ensure that the champs fight like they did climbing the ladder, and penalize them for doing less than their best.

3. Red cards would be a good idea.

Successful troll douchebag. L&P ...it's not easy, you have to constantly avoid sweeps and submission attempts, in fact....work on your take down defense more and fight off the takedown. If 2 fighters refuse to engage, I like the yellow card and prize money fine, champion finish rate? Get the fuck out of here. You are someone that should not be allowed access to forums, probably shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

knees to the head is great and upkicks...yellow cards too.

when someone standing is scared of getting kneed they put 1 hand down so they are a "downed opponent". Your not a fucking downed a opponent

1) No punching.
2) No kicking.
3) No takedowns

Elbows and knees are okay. Ground fights are okay so long as one fighter slips and falls. In no other way can a ground battle be initiated.

yea the 1st won i agree that would be awesome

knees and kicks whenever and wherever you want
12-6 elbows should be allowed

Anyway, my two would be...

1) allow knees to the head of a downed opponent

2) increase the penalty rate on fouls. If a fighter gets warned 2, maybe 3 times on ANY foul it should one point taken. Any infraction after that is another point or even a dq. So basically just be more strict to this current rule.

I agree there needs to be some limiting of "laying and praying", and also I'd like to see them be able to kick each other in the head from guard, that would stop a lot of that nonsense. I mean whats the difference between an up-kick (with the guy standing over you) and an up-kick (while the guy is on his knees over you). In a real fight if you're on your back and someones trying to punch your face in, the easiest way to defend yourself is by kicking them in the face, I don't see how that's unfair, or more dangerous than a head kick, or knee to the head, it would certainly make someone getting taken down far more interesting, and would give you another way to win off your back, which would make wrestling matches much more exciting.

who cares would actually have some fights. No longer can you pull guard like a *** to stall. If dude gets side control he knees your fuckin face off

It would give wrestlers a huge tool to help finish fights. It should be allowed.

All kinds of elbows are allowed and kicks & knees to a downed opponent

Back