Elections "If he invited me to a public hanging, I'd be in the front row" - Mississippi Senate candidate

Its funny how someone can say they would be eager to attend public hangings, and the only thing that is in question is the potential racism of the comment.
It's really not that far off making a gas chamber joke in Germany. Mississippi and lynching are peanut butter and jelly. It was at best an almost impossibly tone deaf comment.

Also, racial connotations aside, what kind of fucked up person wants to watch someone get hanged?
She doesn't, which is was the point of the comment. You say something horrific that you'd never do irl as praise for what you get in exchange. Nobody took Don Frye saying "I'd drag my pecker through broken glass to stand in the shadow of someone she's had sex with" and answers with "why would anyone want to drag their dick through broken glass?" Her joke was dumb and she should have probably picked something else to convey the same thing, but she intentionally picked something awful to make it complimentary of the person she was talking about.

It's really not that far off making a gas chamber joke in Germany. Mississippi and lynching are peanut butter and jelly. It was at best an almost impossibly tone deaf comment.

I'm pretty sure damn near every piece of land on the globe has a history of unjust hangings, racially motivated or otherwise. Why does it make her comment even more controversial, like if she said it anywhere else, it would be less alarming?

Like, if she said it in Salem, would people be like "Oh' God no! Low blow! The witch trials! How insensitive can you be?"

Its not a great comment. Do we really need any more context?

I'm pretty sure damn near every piece of land on the globe has a history of unjust hangings, racially motivated or otherwise. Why does it make her comment even more controversial, like if she said it anywhere else, it would be less alarming?

Like, if she said it in Salem, would people be like "Oh' God no! Low blow! The witch trials! How insensitive can you be?"

Yes, the context of Mississippi being so famous for lynchings is relevant.

I mean this in no way to offend you.

but this post tells me you aren't American. am I right?

Yes, the context of Mississippi being so famous for lynchings is relevant.

I think the context of a candidate dreaming of attending public hangings is all that really matters.

I mean this in no way to offend you.

but this post tells me you aren't American. am I right?

Yeah, as if you didn't already know.

I don't even get the point of your comment though. As if you have to be American to know of the South's past, or something? I'm well aware. I just don't see the point over getting more outraged over the racism, than the general sociopathic comments of wanting to watch people get hanged.

cut the shit Seano. you're exhibiting it right now. your anger. that of which you are very well known for.

you are the king of salt. you have posts made, year after year that prove this fact. you cannot deny this.
The guy swearing and being accusatory is usually the guy who is mad.

Yeah, as if you didn't already know.

I don't even get the point of your comment though. As if you have to be American to know of the South's past, or something? I'm well aware. I just don't see the point over getting more outraged over the racism, than the general sociopathic comments of wanting to watch people get hanged.

yeah, I'm not on here as much as you'd think I am. if you browse through my post history you'll see I take breaks from here days, months on out.

what I'm saying is you can't expect me to know the little details about you specifically, especially when I think this is the first exchange I've ever had with you.

but I digress.

my point is.. you weren't born here. you don't know the climate. I mean how could you know? our sad (ongoing) history when it comes to race, creeds & cultures, is something we've all been practically born into. I'm sure the same might be for you.. BUT, I would never question a story from your neck of the woods for its validity not because of my political stance, but because it's simply not my history - meaning it's not my place to pass judgement.

have you ever been here? if so, for how long? long enough to "drink in" & get thoroughly "drunk" off of our cultures- for all its good & all its bad?

It depends on who is ggetting hanged.

There are a large number of people that have done shit that I would be hold a picnic at their hanging.

I support bringing back public hanging.

Last edited:
my point is.. you weren't born here. you don't know the climate. I mean how could you know? our sad (ongoing) history when it comes to race, creeds & cultures, is something we've all been practically born into. I'm sure the same might be for you.. BUT, I would never question a story from your neck of the woods for its validity not because of my political stance, but because it's simply not my history - meaning it's not my place to pass judgement.

You're talking about racism in the deep south. Not exactly a topic filled with nuance, that one has to experience to truly understand. You may as well be asking me to be from Germany to comment on past antisemitism it went through.

Besides, my comment does not point to me not understanding the culture. I'm just saying that her comments of wishing to attend public hangings, is controversial enough. You're trying to spike the ball, when the game has already been decided. By making it about race, it actually lightens the gravity of her comments, as if that's the only reason they're controversial. Like if she said it anywhere else, it would be somewhat more acceptable.

You're talking about racism in the deep south. Not exactly a topic filled with nuance, that one has to experience to truly understand. You may as well be asking me to be from Germany to comment on past antisemitism it went through.

Besides, my comment does not point to me not understanding the culture. I'm just saying that her comments of wishing to attend public hangings, is controversial enough. You're trying to spike the ball, when the game has already been decided. By making it about race, it actually lightens the gravity of her comments, as if that's the only reason they're controversial. Like if she said it anywhere else, it would be somewhat more acceptable.

nah, I'm talking about why it matters to us as Americans (RE: being born into this shit), & especially how it immediately, rightfully so, would lead one to draw concerns if this was racially motivated, inspired,etc.

you simply wouldn't & couldn't understand the way we see things here because it's our culture - our pride & our shame. we can speak about it from experience as we live & breathe with it in our everyday lives. like I've said before - I'd never presume to know better than or challenge even anything of the sort from your neck of the woods.

nah, I'm talking about why it matters to us as Americans (RE: being born into this shit), & especially how it immediately, rightfully so, would lead one to draw concerns if this was racially motivated, inspired,etc.

It would lead anyone to that, which is part of my point. You're conditioned to be more offended by the perceived racism than the actual content of her comments.

If she said it in Colorado, would it even register?

"Oh', she just said she'd like to attend public hangings. No biggie."

you simply wouldn't & couldn't understand the way we see things here because it's our culture - our pride & our shame. we can speak about it from experience as we live & breathe with it in our everyday lives. like I've said before - I'd never presume to know better than or challenge even anything of the sort from your neck of the woods.

Again, you don't have to be from the South to know it's history and culture. I totally get what you're saying, but I'm offering a different perspective.

Saying you'd be eager to watch hangings is alarming in any context.

A figure of speech isn't meant to be literal. Is it in poor taste, sure. But there's some serious Stretch Armstrong level of reaching going on over her comment.

Also, it's painfully obvious that leftists have lost all ability to discern figurative from literal. i.e. "OMG Trump LITERALLY HILTER!!! REEEEEEEEE!!!!"

oh God, she's just joking. like those brilliant kids 'sig-heil-ing' in that one photo. get a grip.

people just don't get comedy these days. especially GOOD comedy.

This is much, much, much worse than that.

yeah, I'm not on here as much as you'd think I am. if you browse through my post history you'll see I take breaks from here days, months on out.

what I'm saying is you can't expect me to know the little details about you specifically, especially when I think this is the first exchange I've ever had with you.

but I digress.

have you ever been here? if so, for how long? long enough to "drink in" & get thoroughly "drunk" off of our cultures- for all its good & all its bad?

Heretic is from Canada iirc and our treatment if the first nations people here to this day (not just historically) makes you guys look like saints for your treatment of African Americans.

We have native reserves here that don't have indoor plumbing for fucks sake.

“I didn’t mean that.” - Person caught on camera saying something they meant.

I don't like any of this talk, especially with the racial overtones of Mississippi history.

I would also like to throw in that it was a very ugly move for Trump to laud Glanforte for picking up and body slamming a journalist.

Someone might object, "You just hate Trump!" no, he is the President, he sets the mood for the entire political discourse and wants the attention. Using that attention to celebrate tossing journalists around is part of this ugly tone we have zealously latched onto.

Back