If GSP and Anderson Silva did fight in their primes - Would the winner be the clear MMA GOAT?

Would the winner be the clear MMA GOAT?

• Total voters
wow. some serious comprehension issues here. the problem is that he's trying to prove gsp would have done badly at MW in his prime because he struggled somewhat against bisping when he was old.

He was 36 years old against a 38 years old one eyed opponent, so indeed it could be indicative...

Not to mention that he lost against a former LW in his prime.

The cheap "prime" excuse doesnt work here, much less vs the older Bisping.

If you dont understand why GSP would have big trouble handling the bigger and longer Silva in the ground you just show a painfully simpleton understanding of this sport which is sad coming from a guy who has been logged in a mma forum for so long.
GSP did understand it, that's why he refused the opportunity of such a boost in money and legacy. And I dont blame him.

BTW, Condit headkicked GSP not in the first nor the second rd but in the 3rd and you dont need to be very bright to understand that the chances Silva lands a definitive blow of that kind are much higher than Condit's, in any round.
wow you're thick. silva did not have good TDD and GSP's mma wrestling was just as good as sonnen's. gsp avoided the fight because he knew he could get knocked out, not because his wrestling wasn't up to the task. you sound like a serious noob with this, i mean most people wouldn't even try to make that argument. no idea what the condit thing is supposed to mean either, now you're just introducing irrelevant stuff. at no point did i say he definitely wouldn't get KOed, in fact that was at least half of my original post.

his TDs were literally unstoppable and if you don't believe that you need to go back and rewatch the fights.

No they weren't unstoppable, much less vs guys 15lbs bigger/heavier. lol what a blind fanboy.

In mma, the fight doesnt end in a TD. The fact you sem to believe there would be no issue for GSP dealing with the much bigger man who was able to give problems in the ground to BJJ experts shows, once again, your ubersimpleton understanding of this sport despite being signed up in a forum since almost two decades

<6>

wow you're thick. silva did not have good TDD and GSP's mma wrestling was just as good as sonnen's. gsp avoided the fight because he knew he could get knocked out, not because his wrestling wasn't up to the task. you sound like a serious noob with this, i mean most people wouldn't even try to make that argument. no idea what the condit thing is supposed to mean, now you're introducing irrelevant stuff. at no point did i say he wouldn't get KOed, in fact that was at least half of my original post.

nah, you are definitely dense and simpleton to extreme levels.
MMA is no wrestling.GSP in the ground would still have to deal with the elbows and sub attempts of a much larger man who was used to give trouble off his back to bigger BJJ black belts. Also, yes, the threat of taking a knee to the face on a TD attempt or a KO blow from any position.

Keep parrtoing your simpleton "bu-bu-but GSP wrestling > Silva's TDD" which is like textbook sherbro analysis. I guess that's all you can offer

Kettleball Fedor would stomp the shit out of GSP, Silva or Jones. He is the GOAT to GSP, so GSP can't be GOAT over his own GOAT. Jones is a psychopath and a strategist. He took years to fight at HW. Cormier came down twice to fight him, Jones wouldn't go up once. This is just a stupid discussion at this point. Fedor was special. It's not about nut hugging, it's just real. Fedor was once in a lifetime.

No they weren't unstoppable, much less vs guys 15lbs bigger/heavier. lol what a blind fanboy.

In mma, the fight doesnt end in a TD. The fact you sem to believe there would be no issue for GSP dealing with the much bigger man who was able to give problems in the ground to BJJ experts shows, once again, your ubersimpleton understanding of this sport despite being signed up in a forum since almost two decades

<6>
'ubersimpleton, ubersimpleton', we get it, you like the word you made up. i'm reacting the same way in reverse, you sound like someone who's been here for two weeks and is reading from the notes. at what point did an opponent stuff gsp's TDs repeatedly? almost never , if ever, and he was facing a lot of good wrestlers. this is known by anyone who follows the sport. he was virtually unstoppable, it's a fact. he would have gotten the TDs against silva if he managed to avoid getting KOed. ground fighters who faced silva got the TD quite regularly, fucking travis lutter did it, BJJ guy but not exactly known for ferocious TDs. all you're doing is hurling around insults and trying to prove something that can't be proven. and funny how you've gotten away from the bisping thing, decided it wasn't such a great theory after all?

Silva was 41 years old in that fight and Bisping was 37 years old. Not to mention Silva was coming from a bad injury.

GSP beat a 38 years old Bisping when he was 36 years old.

Prime for prime, we all know who would win.
So Bisping and Silva were 4 years apart?

oh-my-god-jake-gyllenhaal.gif

That is huge!!!

/Sarcasm.

GSP hadn't fought in 4 years, had 2 acl surgeries, he was the smaller guy moving up a weight class.

nah, you are definitely dense and simpleton to extreme levels.
MMA is no wrestling.GSP in the ground would still have to deal with the elbows and sub attempts of a much larger man who was used to give trouble off his back to bigger BJJ black belts. Also, yes, the threat of taking a knee to the face on a TD attempt or a KO blow from any position.

Keep parrtoing your simpleton "bu-bu-but GSP wrestling > Silva's TDD" which is like textbook sherbro analysis. I guess that's all you can offer
oh so now he's been taken down, eh, not so unstoppable anymore? and now it's about the elbows and sub attempts off his back? like gsp got submitted a lot from the bottom? you're comical, you have no idea what direction to try next.

Last edited:
If GSP beat him then it would definitely strengthen his claim a lot. If Silva won, yes it would help his claim, but not nearly as much as it would help GSP if he were to win. Silva being the much bigger man makes it less impressive for him to win than it does for GSP. It's similar to Volk vs Islam, wherein even if you agree with the judges that Islam won the fight, Volk was the guy who came away looking far better, since he was the smaller guy who proved that he could hang with the larger man.

oh so now he's been taken down, eh, not so unstoppable anymore? and now it's about the elbows and sub attempts off his back? you're comical, you have no idea what direction to try next.

That was the direction since the beggining but you are so dense to grasp it and keep thinking mma is a wrestling match. Textbook shertard this guy, since 2006 :eek::eek:

That was the direction since the beggining but you are so dense to grasp it and keep thinking mma is a wrestling match. Textbook shertard this guy, since 2006 :eek::eek:
you got schooled, son. gonna have to deal with it.

you got schooled, son. gonna have to deal with it.

The textbook sherbro reply won't fool anybody dude.

Regarding takedowns btw.
Maia: 0/11 TDs on Anderson. You read it well: 0 of 11 attempts.
Maia: 7 takedowns landed on perennial #2 WW and long time elite WW wrestler Fitch

I know you are too dense to understand.
I just keep further exposing your painfully ubersimpleton analysis
Keep coming for more, bitch

The textbook sherbro reply won't fool anybody dude.

Regarding takedowns btw.
Maia: 0/11 TDs on Anderson. You read it well: 0 of 11 attempts.
Maia: 7 takedowns landed on perennial #2 WW and long time elite WW wrestler Fitch

I know you are too dense to understand.
I just keep further exposing your painfully ubersimpleton analysis
Keep coming for more, bitch
aaaand sonnen: every time he tried. lol.

the maia fight proves anderson couldn't be taken down, it's conclusive.

nah, that's it. there's no fixing stupid. you may be the stupidest poster on sherdog with 10K+ posts. didn't know about it til now, don't know how you stayed off the radar that long.

This is the fight that probably would of broken all records. An absolute must see fight in their primes.

Say if that fight actually happened back in the day. Would the winner make you believe who the clear GOAT is or it wouldn't have changed much?

3fc1b-16042033678646-800.jpg
Definitely Fedor.
But heir to the thrown, then probably yeah xD it would decide that.

I dont think so. Jones has solidified himself as the GOAT at this point imo. Anderson already had multiple losses pre-UFC and his level of opposition was weaker than Jones and GSPs. While GSP fought maybe the strongest overall level of opposition but then he also got stopped in the first round twice and retired early. Jones level (and length) of dominance measured against his quality of opposition was the strongest of the GOAT contenders and now the guy has come back as a fucking HW after 3 years and won the belt in the first round vs a guy Ngannou had a contentious competitive 5 round fight with. So yeah, whatever you think of the guy (I much prefer Anderson and GSP as fighters and people, personally), Jones is the GOAT and its gonna take a lot to surpass him now.

aaaand sonnen: every time he tried. lol. he didn't wrestle fitch because he wanted to box him up, you moron.

nah, that's it. there's no fixing stupid. you may be the stupidest poster on sherdog with 10K+ posts. didn't know about it til now, don't know how you stayed off the radar that long.

Sonnen is 20lbs bigger than GSP and he got finished twice by Silva, dude. lol . and here you are thinkng that's a great point.
I trully think you are legitimately retarded, no trolling.

Sonnen is 20lbs bigger than GSP and he got finished twice by Silva, dude. lol . and here you are thinkng that's a great point.
I trully think you are legitimately retarded, no trolling.
FITCH WAS A WW, you just got finished using that as proof positive with the stupid maia thing. maia was a MW who dropped down because he was having trouble with the TDs.........but now suddenly you're Mr. 'the weight makes a difference.' you shift gears more than a racecar driver. my lord are you having trouble.

Last edited:
Back