If GSP and Anderson Silva did fight in their primes - Would the winner be the clear MMA GOAT?

Would the winner be the clear MMA GOAT?

• Total voters
it helps the debate along but it doesn’t settle it. obviously it depends how the fight goes too.

if they fought in their primes? the real answer is GSP would tap to strikes and Andy would subsequently test positive for PEDs. Cementing Jon Jones as the GOATest of GOATs.

<JonesLaugh>

There's something called context : 4 years apart + 41 years old.
You said that already.

Bisping was 37 and Silva was 41... So what? What context are we missing here?

Nobody cares about that 4 year difference. He was fighting a 37 years old. At 37 you're already passed your physical prime. Another 4 years isn't going to have a huge significant impact.

Now if Silva was fighting a 30 year old. Okay, you might be onto something. But Bisping was also at the tail end of his career.

Last edited:
Great question but being as Anderson repeatedly stated Jones was the best and undoubtedly would whoop his ass Silva beating up GSP would only accomplish making me chuckle. Fuck a GSP. I will still be fair in saying the win would mean NOTHING to Silva’s career but a ton to Georges legacy.

it would have to be a trilogy...unless one of them wins one and two. But if 1-1 then whomever wins the rubbermatch would be the goat of goats

Nobody cares if Silva was 41 if he was fighting a 37 years old. At 37 years old you're already passed your physical prime as well. Another 4 years isn't gonna change shit.

You obviously don't know of what you're talking about :

dvz6xtkfynl61.png

As you can see, the difference between 33/37 is far less than that between 37/41.

Source :

Over 40 years old in a highly competitive environment, you're completely washed out, far more so than when you're only 37 years old.

Ok I know you don't like my threads. Just go somewhere else than.

It's simple question, with simple poll options to pick from. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure things out.

By the way the Silva option doesn't need to be there when there is the Fedor and Jon Jones option. Come on man, it's not that hard to figure out.
Not very swift, are you?

Why the hell would Jones be an option?

Are you somehow living under the misconception where I think certain people should be allowed to cheat.. But others aren’t?

Yeah great thread. You just blew it apart.

Create a good thread, and I’ll back it 100%. You say I don’t like “your” threads. Maybe that’s the problem then, right?

You obviously don't know of what you're talking about :

dvz6xtkfynl61.png

As you can see, the difference between 33/37 is far less than that between 37/41.

Source :

Over 40 years old in a highly competitive environment, you're completely washed out, far more so than when you're only 37 years old.

Listen, kid. I'm not interested in your reddit posts. Maybe back it up with actual science articles.

Romero at 40 was killing everyone.

It's not a 3 years and 10 month difference between the two that's going to change the world. Sure it might play a role but it sure as hell isn't as big of a challenge as the size difference and 4 year layoff GSP had to overcome.

Romero at 40 was killing everyone.

Hence why he was the champion. Also, nobody cares.

You miss the whole point : Romero would have been even much better younger, so my point still remains. Romero was out of his prime at 40 years old, because he would have been much better at a younger age.

It's not a 3 years and 10 month difference between the two that's going to change the world. Sure it might play a role but it sure as hell isn't as big of a challenge as the size difference and 4 year layoff GSP had to overcome.

It's a big difference once you hit a certain age limit.

Another example with NBA : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ational_Basketball_Association_players#Active

Only one player over 40 years old who is active in 2023.

There is no competitive athlete at 41 years old in most mainstream sports, which is far less true at 37 years old.

Hence why he was the champion. Also, nobody cares.

You miss the whole point : Romero would have been even much better younger, so my point still remains. Romero was out of his prime at 40 years old, because he would have been much better at a younger age.

It's a big difference once you hit a certain age limit.

Another example with NBA : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ational_Basketball_Association_players#Active

Only one player over 40 years old who is active in 2023.

There is no competitive athlete at 41 years old in most mainstream sports, which is far less true at 37 years old.
Sure it might play a role but it sure as hell isn't as big of a challenge as the size difference and 4 year layoff GSP had to overcome.

Back