Opinion If full lockdown for 12 weeks was enforced across the world

Nail in the coffin for my social life. Ever lost your cat and he comes back after 3 weeks, and he's all feral and messed up, unkempt and shit? That'll be me.
Very interesting. I’ve always pictured you as being fairly dapper.

Then we damage our eco structure but at least we’re all healthy enough to kill each other?

I think we need a lock down, I just don’t know for how long. Lock down certain states and restrict travel would be my move, but people move around constantly, that probably wouldn’t change shit, but it would control hospital overload.

let’s see how bad this shit is or how much the disease evolves before we get crazy.

Can you imagine the impact of ending something that eliminates a half million or more people annualy? The world might just become over populated...

<mma4>

Cool dogs, although I still prefer the Malinious.They can do pretty much anything a GSD can, but take up less space.
Bouvier would be great to have in Scotland, if you have a farm or something. They're really intelligent, strong, good guard dogs, don't complain about the weather and they instinctively protect other animals.

One of our cats had littered, and she let the dog stay in front of her while he was protecting the kittens from the other cats. He always did this when there were newborn animals, chickens, sheep, didn't matter, he just stayed in front of them all day long.

Not sure about a cold because it’s not viral but likeky the regular flu.
It’s why we think of winter as “flu season” but in reality it’s that in winter time we are more often indoors and in close proximity. In summer we naturally socially distance ourselves by being outdoors

* disclaimer - Im not a scientist
You typically get more sunlight and are more active in the summer. Your immune system thanks you.

You would also cure chlamydia assuming you also had your penicillin or w/e during that 2 weeks for those that have it.

12 weeks are excessive. At most we need 6 weeks in a coordinated effort to shut COVID-19 down for good. The median incubation period is 5 days, with 2 weeks being on the extreme end.

Bacteriophage looks scary as shit.
Fascinating though, it went out of style to research them. Shows you how money and market demands drive science more than healthy curiosity.

Not sure about a cold because it’s not viral but likeky the regular flu.
It’s why we think of winter as “flu season” but in reality it’s that in winter time we are more often indoors and in close proximity. In summer we naturally socially distance ourselves by being outdoors

* disclaimer - Im not a scientist
It’s the weather, virus have a lipid coating and melts away at warmer temperatures, tougher to spread with warm weather

12 weeks are excessive. At most we need 6 weeks in a coordinated effort to shut COVID-19 down for good. The median incubation period is 5 days, with 2 weeks being on the extreme end.
Agreed even Bill Gates I believe says 21 days. This only if it's truly a complete lockdown no exposure to others outside of wife and children.

An important medical message Sherdoggers need to hear in these trying times.

Agreed even Bill Gates I believe says 21 days. This only if it's truly a complete lockdown no exposure to others outside of wife and children.
I think 21 days might be a little too short. I believe there was one patient that had an incubation period of 24 days, but that was an extreme outlier. In addition, we also need to ensure existing patients get sufficient time to recover before being sent back to the community to avoid new infections. The lockdown also have to be coordinated around the globe, or else it will just flare up elsewhere and eventually make its way back again.

Last edited:
I think 21 days might be a little too short. I believe there was one patient that had an incubation period of 24 days, but that was an extreme outlier. In addition, we also need to ensure existing patients get sufficient time to recover and before being sent back to the community to avoid new infections. The lockdown also have to be coordinated around the globe, or else it will just flare up elsewhere and eventually make its way back again.
I think the 21 days by Bill was an earlier estimate he may have revised it since more information has come out. Ether way I believe 6 weeks would be close to impossible for people. It would really strain people.

I think the 21 days by Bill was an earlier estimate he may have revised it since more information has come out. Ether way I believe 6 weeks would be close to impossible for people. It would really strain people.
If we don't have that time margin to ensure the chains of transmission are truly broken, all efforts would be wasted as infections would just flare up again. China locked Wuhan down for two whole months, and now that city is probably the safest place on earth from COVID-19. Besides, we might just be able to kill off flu and common cold while we're at it.

Back