International Covid19 lockdowns killed off entire strain of flu

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Flu almost disappeared during this period and it turns out an entire flue strain has been eradicated. Take this info and apply it to how Covid would have spread without the lockdowns. The implication is that the rock really did keep tigers away.

The World Health Organization on Friday recommended ditching a common component of seasonal influenza vaccines that protects against a particular strain of the virus—because that strain appears to no longer exist.

FURTHER READING​

COVID may have pushed a leading seasonal flu strain to extinction
Influenza viruses in the B/Yamagata lineage have not been detected since March 2020, when the pandemic coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, was mushrooming around the world. SARS-CoV-2's explosive viral transmission and the health restrictions that followed drastically disrupted the spread and cycles of other infectious diseases, with seasonal flu being no exception.

Most of my family just had Influenza A.

imagine that. sounds like something that would come out of the babylon bee.

Lmao @ anyone who believes this.

The WHO who we all know lied to us constantly during covid, now wants to justify why lockdowns were successful so they can convince world governments to do it again in the future.

Maybe people being more responsible when they're sick, and companies giving employees more sick days.

You don't HAVE to give everyone every flu or cold you have.
i was expecting more consideration to grow out of the whole covid thing. like, if you're sick, don't spread it everywhere, stay at home for a couple of days.
nah. people still sneeze in your face when they have a cold.

The WHO who we all know lied to us constantly during covid, now wants to justify why lockdowns were successful so they can convince world governments to do it again in the future.
Every year existing epidemiological information about different species of flu is used to predict outbreaks for the same year.
That information is used as the basis for the creation of yearly flu shots.

Sometimes epidemiologists predict well and the flu shot is really effective, some years they miss and they are worth squat.
There is no reason to think that this is made up.

So let me get this straight. A flu strain got out-competed by covid and other respiratory viruses, and we're going to credit lockdowns and masks for its extinction. Lol.

i was expecting more consideration to grow out of the whole covid thing. like, if you're sick, don't spread it everywhere, stay at home for a couple of days.
nah. people still sneeze in your face when they have a cold.

Not here in Montreal, at least not where I work. If someone's sick they not only keep their distance, they either mask or stay home. Companies should pull their weight and pay, but most won't.

I still haven't been sick since before the pandemic, which is unprecedented for me. I wouldn't have been terribly surprised if the things we did knocked off a strain or two of flu permanently, but that does seem unlikely.

You probably won't think this is funny, but this guy is from Montreal.

So let me get this straight. A flu strain got out-competed by covid and other respiratory viruses, and we're going to credit lockdowns and masks for its extinction. Lol.
Chuckle...these same jabronis probably won't even acknowledge that turbo cancer now exists because of the vaxxxine

Read the actual article he posted. He's just coming to his own unscientific conclusions from it.

As much reported the flu disappeared during the COVID years. At the time some were speculating it was due to wearing masks, distance spacing, lockdowns, etc.

I think a more likely explanation on why that happened is those with the flu/cold were counted as COVID.

MORE TRICKS FROM THE CDC: Child Flu Deaths Continued to Mysteriously Disappear in 2021 – So They Could Ramp Up COVID Death Numbers and Abuse Children​

In December 2021, the CDC announced it will withdraw the emergency use authorization of the PCR test for COVID-19 testing.

The CDC finally admitted the test does not differentiate between the flu and COVID virus.

Via the CDC website:....

It wasn't reported in the story, but the WHO is pushing for the Yamagata strain to not be included in the annual vaccine. By removing it, the annual vaccine output can increase by 40% rather than continuing to make it a quadrivalent vaccine.

The other thing not included, since it was just the WHO's recommendation, is that Yamagata was being outcompeted by Victoria years before.

Read the actual article he posted. He's just coming to his own unscientific conclusions from it.

It's a guess but a pretty logical one. The strain basically disappeared immediately after all of the travel bans went into effect in 2020.

People who would've died from flu would've died from flu?

Colour nobody surprised.

Back