International Covid19 lockdowns killed off entire strain of flu

You do realize that none of the covid measures had any statistically significant effect. There's no evidence that they did anything to slow the spread of covid.

Background: Most government efforts to control the COVID-19 pandemic revolved around non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) and vaccination. However, many respiratory diseases show distinctive seasonal trends. In this manuscript, we examined the contribution of these three factors to the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic. Methods: Pearson correlation coefficients and time-lagged analysis were used to examine the relationship between NPIs, vaccinations and seasonality (using the average incidence of endemic human beta-coronaviruses in Sweden over a 10-year period as a proxy) and the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic as tracked by deaths; cases; hospitalisations; intensive care unit occupancy and testing positivity rates in six Northern European countries (population 99.12 million) using a population-based, observational, ecological study method. Findings: The waves of the pandemic correlated well with the seasonality of human beta-coronaviruses (HCoV-OC43 and HCoV-HKU1). In contrast, we could not find clear or consistent evidence that the stringency of NPIs or vaccination reduced the progression of the pandemic.

short of setting up an alternate reality where no measures were taken we can't have evidence, because we took the measures. However, this news is implicit evidence that measures were successful in reducing already recognized viruses, which indicates the measures had also reduced the covid rates. As a novel virus we didn't really have anything to test it against but knew it would be an aggressive spreader. Basically the 7 millions deaths would likely have been 4 fold and the same again for the 700 million infected. The lockdowns were preventative measures and if you prevent something from happening it is difficult to obtain data on something that didn't happen.

no worries, if we run short they'll concoct more in a lab, like covid 19 and their new one, disease x. wear your masks and take your shots!

i was expecting more consideration to grow out of the whole covid thing. like, if you're sick, don't spread it everywhere, stay at home for a couple of days.
nah. people still sneeze in your face when they have a cold.
People cannot afford to stay home when sick. The working class has to work even when sick. When I worked in restaurants, we would have people working in the kitchen with the flu, general colds, and all kinds of other illnesses. You have to earn your money and companies do not give sick days to most employees.

ive really been under the weather lately with a sore throat, cough, stuffy nose and fever. either i got covid again or a cold. i can still get out of bed and function alright but i dont know if i'm getting better or worse. its really fucking with my sleep and my boozing though and my back is sore. either way ive had flu's and hangovers worse than whatever this shit is. no sense in locking the world down over it.

i dunno whats wrong with me but i dont think its worth wasting my doctors time over a cold or whatever and i would rather relax right now rather than to head on over to Web MD and type in sore throat then have to start writing up my will and sending out my final farewells like i was seriously considering doing the last time i went over there with a sore ankle and i could barely stand up or walk on it. turns out that i didn't have gangrene, raynaud's phenomenon, and rheumatoid arthritis, and i didn't require an amputation either as my foot got better and was totally fine again after a few days. that website is the devil!

at least i still have my taste. and i havent raw dogged any hookers as of late and it doesnt burn when i pee so i think i'm safe in the STD department. but yeah i'm down with some kind of virus anyways. it better not be a mancold. if i die i die.

Last edited:
short of setting up an alternate reality where no measures were taken we can't have evidence, because we took the measures. However, this news is implicit evidence that measures were successful in reducing already recognized viruses, which indicates the measures had also reduced the covid rates. As a novel virus we didn't really have anything to test it against but knew it would be an aggressive spreader. Basically the 7 millions deaths would likely have been 4 fold and the same again for the 700 million infected. The lockdowns were preventative measures and if you prevent something from happening it is difficult to obtain data on something that didn't happen.
You are fucking crazy.
I hope you don't any position of influence in any department of life.

Not sure what the point of this thread is. Influenza strains evolve so much that we have to update the vaccines every year.

I work in a primary care office and I guarantee you there is lots of flu and Covid going around right now. Not sure why it matters wtf strain everyone is getting? Lots of A and some B. Most people doing alright and few really sick.

OP and some others are falling for some unenlightened propaganda here.

Flu almost disappeared during this period and it turns out an entire flue strain has been eradicated. Take this info and apply it to how Covid would have spread without the lockdowns. The implication is that the rock really did keep tigers away.

The World Health Organization on Friday recommended ditching a common component of seasonal influenza vaccines that protects against a particular strain of the virus—because that strain appears to no longer exist.

FURTHER READING​

COVID may have pushed a leading seasonal flu strain to extinction
Influenza viruses in the B/Yamagata lineage have not been detected since March 2020, when the pandemic coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, was mushrooming around the world. SARS-CoV-2's explosive viral transmission and the health restrictions that followed drastically disrupted the spread and cycles of other infectious diseases, with seasonal flu being no exception.

Is there sarcasm in this post? Being that it was a conclusion of many many people that flu didn't vanish at all. It was simply rebranded as COVID.
Apparently you need to be a conspiracy nut to believe this but I don't get why it is so unreasonable to think the governments were all lying to us. After all, that is what they do......

Hasn't been detected since March 2020? So the flu strain went "extinct" like within a day of lockdowns starting? So why keep the lockdowns going for a year if it only takes a day or a week to "eradicate" a virus? I mean it's not that hard to figure out that strains mutate and evolve, especially when another more transmissible virus is making its way through the population, but I would be curious to hear TS' explain why he thinks a single flu strain went "extinct" almost immediately while nothing else did.

Not sure what the point of this thread is. Influenza strains evolve so much that we have to update the vaccines every year.

I work in a primary care office and I guarantee you there is lots of flu and Covid going around right now. Not sure why it matters wtf strain everyone is getting? Lots of A and some B. Most people doing alright and few really sick.

OP and some others are falling for some unenlightened propaganda here.
Influenza fell to its lowest rates ever during the pandemic and quickly in a persistent strain disappeared. The Covid measures are openly and directly credited with the elimination of one strand as per the opening segment of the wikipedia

There are two known circulating lineages of Influenza B virus based on the antigenic properties of the surface glycoprotein hemagglutinin. The lineages are termed B/Yamagata/16/88-like and B/Victoria/2/87-like viruses.[10] The quadrivalent influenza vaccine licensed by the CDC has been designed to protect against both co-circulating lineages and as of 2016 has been shown to have greater effectiveness in prevention of influenza caused by Influenza B virus than the previous trivalent vaccine.[11]

However, the B/Yamagata lineage might have become extinct in 2020/2021 due to COVID-19 pandemic measures,[12] In October 2023, the World Health Organization concluded that protection against the Yamagata lineage was no longer necessary in the seasonal flu vaccine, reducing the number of lineages targeted by the vaccine from four to three.[13][14]

Influenza B is definitely almost off the radar according to data over the last 3-4 years. Seemed to be deteriorating prior to COVID but no doubt the distancing and hygienic rules imposed would have had some positive effect on other viruses.

Imagine thinking though, that what we did to the world and ourselves was worth a down tick in a relatively harmless flu variant.
Hey , if we could got rid of the flu that knockd me on my ass for 10 days , that would have been great. But we apparently got rid of the covid style flu aka don't even know you have it.

There was a 'flu season, obviously, but it was re-labelled covid, just like many ailments were re-labelled covid. Doctors and nurses were told, and threatened to do so. Just like they were ordered to use Remdesiver, Midazolam, to 'help' sufferers of 'covid,' even though they all knew that Midazolm is a respiratory depressent, and that Remdesiver causes renal failure.
Remdesiver was trialed in Africa against Ebola, the kill rate was 51!!!! 51% of the people given this drug died! Fauci withdrew it and put it on the backburner, brought it back for covid. It caused renal failure in Africa back then, and causes it now as well! That's why it is used.

Covid was a red-herring, the goal was to introduce enough fear in society about covid[the mortality rate if a healthy person gets 'covid' is 0.02%, it's on par with the 'flu! The 'flu never went away, it was re-labelled.] so that people would literally line-up to get the 'cure!' Which they did. Even though the people getting the jabs knew nothing about the ingredients in the shots.
Tens of millions have been killed by the jabs, billions injured, permanently. The ingredients are unbelievable.
The jabbed have now spread these ingredients to the unjabbed via shedding. The blood of the unjabbed used to be clean, now the blood of the unjabbed is as polluted as the jabbed, unfortunately. Self-replicating injections, they've been around for years.

Check out Dr Ana Milhacea, or Dr David Nixon. You'll seen videos of what is in the vials and in blood. But don't go to youtube.

Who owns the patent to remdesivir? Ralph Baric.

Who bragged at the University of North Carolina about using viruses to make people fear disease and not climate change? Ralph Baric. What did he make and brag about? Sars Covid. He said his people were able to use a bat spike protein to make Sars human transmissible.

Huh.

Back