Opinion If full lockdown for 12 weeks was enforced across the world

Nail in the coffin for my social life. Ever lost your cat and he comes back after 3 weeks, and he's all feral and messed up, unkempt and shit? That'll be me.

If only we could just cryptofreeze everyone wake up in 3 months

Then Party on!

DSC01499.jpg

Not sure about a cold because it’s not viral but likeky the regular flu.
It’s why we think of winter as “flu season” but in reality it’s that in winter time we are more often indoors and in close proximity. In summer we naturally socially distance ourselves by being outdoors

* disclaimer - Im not a scientist

Problem is there is nothing close to a “full lockdown”... people are working still. Healthcare, food, water, electricity, trash, law enforcement, the various workers needed to keep maintaining crucial buildings and infrastructure etc etc I can go on for long time. Most the people I know are still working and that’s in Southern California with the lockdown in place

Not sure about a cold because it’s not viral but likeky the regular flu.
It’s why we think of winter as “flu season” but in reality it’s that in winter time we are more often indoors and in close proximity. In summer we naturally socially distance ourselves by being outdoors

* disclaimer - Im not a scientist
A cold is viral. Not sure where you got your information.

No because these viruses also exist in animal populations. One theory is that places where humans live in close proximity with animals act as permanent melting pots where viruses circulate and reemerge at different times in different places.

Nail in the coffin for my social life. Ever lost your cat and he comes back after 3 weeks, and he's all feral and messed up, unkempt and shit? That'll be me.
LOL @ a grown man owning a cat!

No because these viruses also exist in animal populations. One theory is that places where humans live in close proximity with animals act as permanent melting pots where viruses circulate and reemerge at different times in different places.
Yes, that's a reason the native americans did so badly against Old World diseases and the reverse wasn't true. Eurasians raised a lot of animals and had lots of diseases. Indians, in comparison, had few animals. They had no cattle, horses or pigs.
Africans didn't raise as many animals but they live in proximity with other primates and get their diseases like HIV. Although some Eurasian diseases also ravaged some African populations the reverse was often true with malaria killing of europeans there.
The Chinese are the worst as they capture, raise and eat all kinds of nasty animals like snakes, bats, pangolins and so on.

It's funny, being dirty make us dangerous. Guns, germs and steel against healthy natives with stone weapons.

They don't look so bad!
Bacteriophage looks like it was constructed by an engineer. Very cool.
Cold = Adenovirus.

main-qimg-6f37c705093bb2bd00f633e7fee4b18c
Actually many virus can cause the common cold, including some coronaviruses. Common cold is just a catch all term for mild respiratory infections.
The common cold is a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. The most commonly implicated virus is a rhinovirus (30–80%), a type of picornavirus with 99 known serotypes.[29][30] Other commonly implicated viruses include human coronavirus (≈ 15%),[31][32] influenza viruses (10–15%),[33] adenoviruses (5%),[33] human respiratory syncytial virus (orthopneumovirus), enteroviruses other than rhinoviruses, human parainfluenza viruses, and human metapneumovirus.[34] Frequently more than one virus is present.[35] In total, more than 200 viral types are associated with colds.[3]

They don't look so bad!

The bacteriophage is friendly.

Actually many virus can cause the common cold, including some coronaviruses. Common cold is just a catch all term for mild respiratory infections.
The common cold is a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. The most commonly implicated virus is a rhinovirus (30–80%), a type of picornavirus with 99 known serotypes.[29][30] Other commonly implicated viruses include human coronavirus (≈ 15%),[31][32] influenza viruses (10–15%),[33] adenoviruses (5%),[33] human respiratory syncytial virus (orthopneumovirus), enteroviruses other than rhinoviruses, human parainfluenza viruses, and human metapneumovirus.[34] Frequently more than one virus is present.[35] In total, more than 200 viral types are associated with colds.[3]

Well, yeah.

They just didn't get "cute" illustrated representation.

lol @ grown man thinking certain pets make you a tough guy.

Mastiffs make you feel tough..... until you are scrubbing drool off your walls...... tv..... CEILING REALLY BUDDY......

Back