If Edmund replaced Ronda's dad, then he deserves serious credit.

dissufc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ronda's dad died when she was 8. When she was done with judo, she tried out 3 mma coaches until she met Edmund with her friend Manny.

Edmund didn't pursue her nor make her stay as a student. If you've ever seen a classic kung fu film of a wayward kid who needed to exact revenge cuz they got beat up or a family member got killed ...they seek and find a mentor and train. All those wins prior to Holm is dedicated to Edmund.

"Ronda punches like a monster," Edmund brags. "They don’t know what they’re up against until she stands in front of them."

Ronda won matches with strikes as well as arm bars. She seemed to be well rounded in mma.

When Ali or Tyson started to lose, did we all blame their coaches as being shit all of a sudden? When Royce Gracie, Tito, Hughes, Fedor, Lidell, etc all started to decline, did we automatically point the finger at their coaches?

Sure, Edmund might look and sound like a stand in for a Night at the Roxbury or a Kardashian bellhop, it doesn't mean he wasn't instrumental in Ronda's first 12 wins.

Ronda owes ALL of her mma success to Edmund. Her last two losses are the same as when Pacman loses and he's lost more than two times ...but no one dares to say it was all Roach's fault.

I personally think Ronda bounces around the ring with no footwork, agility to evade and counter...essentially, she needs a new coaching team but her reluctance to leave is called:

LOYALTY

If perhaps Edmund became sort of a father figure to Ronda. It explains why she'll defend him against her mom. Ronda needs a dad and mom can't be both.

Change camps, try again.

Edmund was the coach of the most successful mma fighter in history. What other coach can say that.

Edmond is more like her very, very creepy uncle that you would not want to leave her alone with.

yes. it's plainly obvious that edmond is a, "father-type" for her. that was always clear to me.

Yeah but Ronda needed a good coach, not her fucking dad.

Edmond is 5 years older than her btw.

Ronda could've watched Bruce Lee movies instead of training with him and she'd still have beaten those 12 chicks

Edmond deserves credit, he also deserves all the criticism he gets.

Insert internet tough guy reply here.

I thought your pay was gonna say "that's a big hole to fill". I'm glad you didn't

"I want the person that I trust with the thing that’s the most important in my life to be the most important thing in their life too. What I really find in Edmond is a partner." ~Ronda

Leading up to the McMann fight, Edmond said he told commentator Joe Rogan that Ronda was going to knock out McMann with a shot to the liver. Just one minute and six seconds into the first round, Ronda held McMann against the fence and kneed McMann straight to the liver.

"When I saw that, my legs buckled," Edmond says. "My legs gave up on me, I squatted down. Because when I saw it I was like ‘BOOM!’ I fell down too. I was like, ‘Fuck yeah, she did it,’" he said. "And when I went in the Octagon, Ronda said to me, ‘I hope you’re proud of me.’ And I said, ‘It’s beautiful. All that training … it’s beautiful.’"

The interview lasts 30 minutes and he rarely looks up. But it’s the moments when he is asked about Ronda that he’s the most engaged. "I have no doubt, we’re going to be next to each other and know each other for the rest of our lives," he says.

Whether she knows about the bankruptcy and investigation of GFC, or has discussed her mother’s comments with Edmond, or if she’s the best fighter she can be, it doesn’t matter. Edmond gives her something no one else has been able to: stability. And she loves him for it.

"I want the person that I trust with the thing that’s the most important in my life to be the most important thing in their life too," Ronda says. "What I really find in Edmond is a partner."

"Edmond is everything to her," Arutyunyan says. "I think Ronda fights so hard because she’s protecting Edmond."

You missed all the points I was trying to make.

I understood the point, bro. But If Edmond truly cared about her he would've realized how badly her boxing was progressing after all these years and that her being at his gym was just hurting her in the long run.

What Ronda sees in Edmond is irrelevant. As a coach, he should've done everything in his power to make her successful. But he did the opposite. Edmond is a bad coach and a terrible friend, that's our problem with him.

I understood the point, bro. But If Edmond truly cared about her he would've realized how badly her boxing was progressing after all these years and that her being at his gym was just hurting her in the long run.

What Ronda sees in Edmond is irrelevant. As a coach, he should've done everything in his power to make her successful. But he did the opposite. Edmond is a bad coach and a terrible friend, that's our problem with him.

Maybe intelligence is missing.

Edmund is definitely not a great mma coach, but you might be right that he was what she needed from an emotional standpoint.

There's an interview with Karo where he talked about how when Ronda was starting out, she would be crying on the mats a lot and the guys would have to constantly be building her back up from discouragement. She's a person who oscillates between supreme confidence and no confidence.

A girl like that might need a coach invested enough to scream "NOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" when she loses.

He's not wrong when he says Ronda hits like a monster though, 'cause she does hit hard. Her striking is still awful but she does have power even though her punching technique is wrong. If she actually knew how to strike and had proper technique just imagine how different things might have been.

I still think she would've lost to Holly and Nunes but not as dominantly. She simply failed to evolve in that aspect (striking) and wasn't able to bully/outmuscle her last two opponents 'cause they're just better than previous opponents and didn't fight her the wrong way like so many before. Holly had the perfect gameplan, and Ronda just looked completely broken in the Nunes fight as soon as it started.

I was surprised that Ronda basically just stood in front of Nunes and blocked everything with her face. At least against Holly she actually f'n tried. I expected Nunes to fuck her up on the feet still but not like that, not that quickly and easily.

But yeah, that's probably one of the reasons she's still with Edmond. She's been over there for years and years now and is all about loyalty and such. Edmond isn't a good coach but you can tell they care for each other. Personality wise, it's not surprising they get along so well.

Edmund was the coach of the most successful mma fighter in history. What other coach can say that.

John kavanagh?
His fighter 2 division champ
His fighter Hold all the records
His fighter makes more money
?????
What?

Back