If Edmund replaced Ronda's dad, then he deserves serious credit.

She needed a real camp, with actual, full-contact sparring. Like Mike Tyson said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." Her coach failed her.

I always hated this quote. If Tyson learned to actually follow a game plan and stay composed when things didn't go his way, he would have had a much better career.

Success means wins, drawing power and money made. J-W are no doubt great but they don't have quite the success story of Ronda. She's also the most popular, more so than the Irish potatoe boy based on Nielsen ratings of 16 points.

What the fuck are you talking about? Jackson trained 2 GOAT candidates with Jones and GSP. GSP has also sold the most PPVs in MMA history and made the most money

You've still missed the points. How thick IS your head?

When I watch a team or individual sport, I wonder how much responsibility the coach has when they're not participating? If your student strays from the gameplan or is discombobulated from a straight to the nose... is it always the coach's fault or did student let the coach down? When Tyson went crawling looking for his mouth piece against Buster Douglas, I wasn't thinking about his coach. Edmund's boxing coaching record was very respectable prior to mtg Ronda in 2010.

I know it's contrary to popular belief but Ronda is a poor student, more than Edmund is a poor coach.
Uh oh...the cucks will hate this post...

The thing is,if their relationship was special on that level,I just dont see her just leaving that camp and going somewhere else,and developing a trust all over again with someone else. If Edmund was holding her back,telling her things that werent true,anyone could be doing that. Any MMA trainer could be the same. "I struck gold!" etc etc
I think she would rather quit than go through all that,it seems like its so late in the game for her to start over again. WIth the money she has made she doesnt have to.

Success means wins, drawing power and money made. J-W are no doubt great but they don't have quite the success story of Ronda. She's also the most popular, more so than the Irish potatoe boy based on Nielsen ratings of 16 points.

Edmond isn't her talent coach. Rousey's popularity has nothing to do with him. Her popularity has to do with a combination of who she is, her Judo fighting style, and the UFC marketing team. They knew how to hype her to the sky.

John Kavanagh is a complete and total fucktard.

Conor Mcgregor walking into his gym was like a winning lottery ticket for John, not the other way around.

As evidence, I present the SBG stable.

Conor McGregor wouldn't be half the mma fighter he is without Kavanagh.

I'm not a big fan of John, but to dismiss him without evidence reeks of petty spite.

i'm not really into the tmz part of mma, i watch the fights and maybe some interviews here and there or a podcast. the vibe i get from edmund is that he's taking advantage of her and that he is a manipulative conman. his fraud/bankrupcy case while posting pics of his tacky bmw and claiming no revenue from training/handling a world champion only affirms me in my belief that he has no morals.

edit: also, his atrocious cornering. you can't tell me even he doesn't realise what a hack he is in the corner. if he cared anything for her as a person or his champion athlete, he would hire a better corner. but maybe rousey onsists on him being there? who knows.. even then he should now better and look out for her with better guys and just be there maybe but stfu.

Last edited:
Easy to manipulate huh? You know from experience or maybe know a pimp?
Certain girls need daddy figures, all the time. Ronda has had a lot of bad men in her life. Schaub is the latest cock sucker to step on her...what a dick.
I once knew a pimp, coincidentally. But he never manipulated any of the girls to work for him so that's irrelevant...
Brenan shitting on her cause she broke up with him is nothing short of beta. Don't know why u brought that up.
Edmund manipulated her, weather it was lack of daddy figure or not, merely to make bank.
Again though, she was already an adult when she started training with him. Her mom is a great business woman(even if it's just high tech) and a knowledgeable martial artist(has published a book through a legit org). and she shits on him more than any sherdogger ever did.

Conor McGregor wouldn't be half the mma fighter he is without Kavanagh.

I'm not a big fan of John, but to dismiss him without evidence reeks of petty spite.

Well, I guess that's your opinion.

While I will concede that it takes a good head coach to be a successful fighter, I'm not sold on the idea that Conor McGregor's attributes have more to do with John, than simply Conor's raw abilities. As evidence I present the fact that while Conor has decent offensive grappling, he looks like a complete fish out of water on his back, which is supposed to be Kavanagh's forte (BJJ). They had to bring in Danis specifically to train for submission defense? WTF?

I'm not saying the guy is absolutely worthless, but I do consider him the Irish Edmund - someone who struck the lottery when Conor walked in.

i'm not really into the tmz part of mma, i watch the fights and maybe some interviews here and there or a podcast. the vibe i get from edmund is that he's taking advantage of her and that he is a manipulative conman. his fraud/bankrupcy case while posting pics of his tacky bmw and claiming no revenue from training/handling a world champion only affirms me in my belief that he has no morals.

edit: also, his atrocious cornering. you can't tell me even he doesn't realise what a hack he is in the corner. if he cared anything for her as a person or his champion athlete, he would hire a better corner. but maybe rousey onsists on him being there? who knows.. even then he should now better and look out for her with better guys and just be there maybe but stfu.

Just curious, what grade did you eventually finish?

Just curious, what grade did you eventually finish?

troll college is that way, if that's what you're asking troll ===>

edit: also, i don't think they want you there either.

Last edited:
And here I was thinking this was gonna be a low blow joke about having to bang rondas mom or something :eek:

Edmond's attention to preparation and fitness had been tragically molded almost a decade earlier. William Abelyan, an Armenian featherweight who was the No. 1 WBO contender in the division, fought Phillip Payne, a late replacement, in Las Vegas in May 2005. Edmond had worked with Abelyan for years and watched as he dominated the fight early but took a beating in the late rounds. The fight eventually was stopped in the 10th round. Abelyan complained of a headache and was admitted to the hospital where they discovered brain hemorrhaging. He never fought again.

"That broke my heart so much," Edmond says. "And that’s why when I train fighters, I make sure before they get into the Octagon or ring, they’re in the best shape of their life."

Soon after, Edmond led Vic Darchinyan, an Armenian-Australian boxer, to eight different titles, solidifying himself as a bona fide championship coach.

Initially drawn to wushu, the acrobatic martial art popularized by Jet Li, Edmond turned to Muay Thai at 16, amassing only three losses in more than 40 pro fights. Between bouts, he began teaching young students at Arutyunyan’s gym. A few years after high school he made a pilgrimage to Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, the spiritual home of Muay Thai.

"You have 16-, 17 year-old young kids, knocking the shit out of each other," he said. "It’s pure competition, just like a bloodsport. I would train with those kids, and I loved it. They’re so humble and respectful."

When he returned to Glendale, he pushed his pupils harder, and young Armenians flocked to the gym. Soon word extended past the boundaries of Glendale, and top Armenian fighters like William Abelyan and Vic Darchinyan travelled thousands of miles to be trained by Edmond.

In 2008, he relocated GFC from its original location on Maple Ave. to the larger, current gym one block away on Brand Blvd. The growing Armenian community, though, craved more. Glendale, originally a white middle-class enclave, banned boxing matches more than 60 years ago to keep out fighters and fans of a sport deemed "unwholesome." In 2010, the same year Ronda arrived at GFC, Edmond successfully petitioned then-mayor Frank Quintero to overturn the ordinance, bringing live boxing to Glendale for the first time, and Edmond was hailed a hero in the sport’s community.

N.b. ( I personally don't care at all about Edmond but it's appalling to think that he is singled out as THE reason for Ronda losing two fights or ...losing at all. Has Ronda reached a tipping point, a plateau? Or does she just have a weak chin and a frantic panic mode that prevents her from proper ring composure? Laying or projecting blame away from Ronda is in a way, meant to pinpoint the problem so that Ronda could rebirth into a better fighter...to be champion again. All the Edmund detractors are just upset Ronda fans unable to grasp the slippery slope which is her own failings.)

Darchinyan achieved his success through Jeff Fenech. It wasn't until much later(when Darchinyan was no longer as relevant) that he showed up to Tarverdyan's door. Many credit Darchinyan's downfall to him leaving Fenech.

Back