If Edmund replaced Ronda's dad, then he deserves serious credit.

Ronda is almost 30 years old. She needs to grow up.

Everyone was blaming Tyson's trainers after cus and Rooney.

You can't compare the fighting prowess of Tyson and Ali to a women. That's just ridiculous.

Ronda would have won no matter where she trained.
Rondas a grappler who got a KO and fell in love with her hands. Big mistake.

Where ever she trained? How are you going to prove that?

3rd worlders ,even in the US, are born to look for angles and scams.... He found that with Ronda.

what are you on about... she was an adult when she joined his gym. Ur making it sound like he adopted her..
Most girls are easiy to manipulate like that..

Easy to manipulate huh? You know from experience or maybe know a pimp?
Certain girls need daddy figures, all the time. Ronda has had a lot of bad men in her life. Schaub is the latest cock sucker to step on her...what a dick.

Where ever she trained? How are you going to prove that?

Those girls were and still are terrible fighters.
Ronda was very good at one thing. The other girls were just bad at everything . So bad it was rondas division with Liz carmiuche getting the first title shot with 10lbs under the only women worth watching in cyborg.
She would have beaten the same opponents without much training imo.

She won because of taking people down and armbarring them. Literally every fightnthe same.
Then she goes all in on boxing. Women don't pick up boxing in a few years.
Go to a boxing gym.
See for yourself

If you're leaps and bounds a better grappler than anyone why bang it out. Especially when youve only trained for a couple years.

Those girls were and still are terrible fighters.
Ronda was very good at one thing. The other girls were just bad at everything . So bad it was rondas division with Liz carmiuche getting the first title shot with 10lbs under the only women worth watching in cyborg.
She would have beaten the same opponents without much training imo.

She won because of taking people down and armbarring them. Literally every fightnthe same.
Then she goes all in on boxing. Women don't pick up boxing in a few years.
Go to a boxing gym.
See for yourself

If you're leaps and bounds a better grappler than anyone why bang it out. Especially when youve only trained for a couple years.

Based on your illogical opinion, Sara mcmann should also wipe out everyone.

Based on your illogical opinion, Sara mcmann should also wipe out everyone.

Are you slow? Watch Sara mcmanns " world class grappling" and watch rondas.

Sara mcmanns is awful. What's your point?

It's like I'm getting scorned by a guy that's watched fights for 5 years and he think hes a professor of the sport.

It's pretty easy to see the difference in those fighters, no?

It's as big of a step up from Rhonda to cyborg. Not a hard concept

It is actually a fair point. No one blamed hackleman when Liddell dropped 4 in a row, nor did they blame Cordero when shogun started losing. Etc

BUT. What makes Edmond easier to blame is the fact that there isn't one fighter out of his team that is successful in the mma scene, and on top of that there are fighters with a proven track record of great skills that actually declined after joining him

Isnt this just a classic DADDY scenario.. ive seen it and been through it a million times... fatherless girls... who attach themselves to loud-alpha-dominate-brash males who treat them like shit ???? When I see her interview, even in a normal setting, it is clear she is damaged goods... why do you think she fronts the way she does.. .. I dont know, maybe I am way off.

Are you slow? Watch Sara mcmanns " world class grappling" and watch rondas.

Sara mcmanns is awful. What's your point?

It's like I'm getting scorned by a guy that's watched fights for 5 years and he think hes a professor of the sport.

It's pretty easy to see the difference in those fighters, no?

It's as.. big of a step up from Rhonda to cyborg. Not a hard concept

Being a world class athlete on the ground means nothing. It's mma, not the Olympics. Nor does being a world class bjj athlete make you a future mma star. I know you're a dumb ignorant cunt cuz I've been watching ufc since 1993. All of rondas wins or losses are based on a coaching team that Edmond put together. To say he's shit only after she loses, is purely assinine.

It is actually a fair point. No one blamed hackleman when Liddell dropped 4 in a row, nor did they blame Cordero when shogun started losing. Etc

BUT. What makes Edmond easier to blame is the fact that there isn't one fighter out of his team that is successful in the mma scene, and on top of that there are fighters with a proven track record of great skills that actually declined after joining him

First off, I think ellenberger and Travis are shit to begin with. You need a much larger pool to average out a conclusion like you've made. Ronda's a trailblazer and Edmond was her coach.

Accountability for the fighters win or loss is possibly 50/50 btn coach and athlete. But since the coach isn't in the ring, I'd say it's more like 80/20 the fighter's responsibility for the win or loss.

Last edited:
Edmund is a known criminal and a scheister. There is obviously psychological control going on here. She made him money and he promoted her as an unbeatable monster. He probably calls her on holidays and inundates her with gushing pride and other fatherly type stuff that she eats up. It worked until WMMA progressed enough to have good strikers at the top of the sport.

Edmund was the coach of the most successful mma fighter in history. What other coach can say that.

Jackson-Winklejohn? The coaches who trained Holm who destroyed Rousey and broke her?

Ronda's dad died when she was 8. When she was done with judo, she tried out 3 mma coaches until she met Edmund with her friend Manny.

Edmund didn't pursue her nor make her stay as a student. If you've ever seen a classic kung fu film of a wayward kid who needed to exact revenge cuz they got beat up or a family member got killed ...they seek and find a mentor and train. All those wins prior to Holm is dedicated to Edmund.

"Ronda punches like a monster," Edmund brags. "They don’t know what they’re up against until she stands in front of them."

Ronda won matches with strikes as well as arm bars. She seemed to be well rounded in mma.

When Ali or Tyson started to lose, did we all blame their coaches as being shit all of a sudden? When Royce Gracie, Tito, Hughes, Fedor, Lidell, etc all started to decline, did we automatically point the finger at their coaches?

Sure, Edmund might look and sound like a stand in for a Night at the Roxbury or a Kardashian bellhop, it doesn't mean he wasn't instrumental in Ronda's first 12 wins.

Ronda owes ALL of her mma success to Edmund. Her last two losses are the same as when Pacman loses and he's lost more than two times ...but no one dares to say it was all Roach's fault.

I personally think Ronda bounces around the ring with no footwork, agility to evade and counter...essentially, she needs a new coaching team but her reluctance to leave is called:

LOYALTY

If perhaps Edmund became sort of a father figure to Ronda. It explains why she'll defend him against her mom. Ronda needs a dad and mom can't be both.

Change camps, try again.

Edmund was the coach of the most successful mma fighter in history. What other coach can say that.

GAOuM9t.gif

Edmund is a known criminal and a scheister. There is obviously psychological control going on here. She made him money and he promoted her as an unbeatable monster. He probably calls her on holidays and inundates her with gushing pride and other fatherly type stuff that she eats up. It worked until WMMA progressed enough to have good strikers at the top of the sport.

Ronda visited the Armenian genocide center with Edmond last year ... it's a reciprocal relationship.

Being a world class athlete on the ground means nothing. It's mma, not the Olympics. Nor does being a world class bjj athlete make you a future mma star. I know you're a dumb ignorant cunt cuz I've been watching ufc since 1993. All of rondas wins or losses are based on a coaching team that Edmond put together. To say he's shit only after she loses, is purely assinine.[/

You're agreeing with me and don't even realize it.

I never said he was shit either.
You also said nobody blamed Tyson's trainer. You're wrong.

Whatever gym Ronda would have gone too she would have had a similar path.

I actually watched from the beginning. You're lying about it.
You couldn't even get the first ufc until much later.
UFC 2 was the first available.

I'm not saying she would be better or worse without edmond.

Some people have it regardless of their trainer. Look at Terrance Crawford's trainer(s).

He's absolutely doing phenomenal with the 2 unheard of trainers who never produced any quality fighters. Would he be better with more renowned trainers who could teach him the small ins and outs of the game?
I don't know. But when Terrance's loses you better believe people will question what the hell he's doing there.

You're just being super defensive about Edmond for no reason.

Jackson-Winklejohn? The coaches who trained Holm who destroyed Rousey and broke her?

Success means wins, drawing power and money made. J-W are no doubt great but they don't have quite the success story of Ronda. She's also the most popular, more so than the Irish potatoe boy based on Nielsen ratings of 16 points.

Back