If Edmund replaced Ronda's dad, then he deserves serious credit.

Gene Lebell and Gokor Chivichyan were more of a father than Edmond's goblin-lookin' ass.

People were blaming Edmond LONG before she lost. She has great natural power, but her boxing fundamentals have never been even decent. Now that could be on either of them- but in cases like that, you look at other fighters he trained. If they are highly successful, it's Ronda's fault- if not it's his. Quite clearly he simply isn't a very good coach, because his sole notable fighter was Rousey. Browne regressed under him. Most people have agreed Ronda succeeded in spite of him, not because of him, and it was purely her own skillset and determination that won her fights because her stand up has always been poor.

Being kind-hearted, compassionate, and willing are not substitutes for actual knowledge, skills, and abilities.

He may have good intentions, but he's clearly over his head and has been for a long time.

If you actual care about someone, you won't let your own ego interfere negative with their life.

Pretty simple stuff.

Edmund gets too much hate but I think as an MMA coach he's not very good. Maybe if he stuck with regular boxing he would do ok. I think the only fighters in his stable not on a losing streak are his traditional boxers. Ronda should leave Edmund full time. It doesn't mean she cant still be friends with him. It doesn't mean she cant train with him from time to time. But full on camps? She needs to move on.

Edmund is responsible for the genocide of her "daughter"'s braincells.

Yeah but Ronda needed a good coach, not her fucking dad.

Edmond is 5 years older than her btw.

I just found out that this man is 35.

edmond.jpg

This planet needs to implode...

I understood the point, bro. But If Edmond truly cared about her he would've realized how badly her boxing was progressing after all these years and that her being at his gym was just hurting her in the long run.

What Ronda sees in Edmond is irrelevant. As a coach, he should've done everything in his power to make her successful. But he did the opposite. Edmond is a bad coach and a terrible friend, that's our problem with him.

You've still missed the points. How thick IS your head?

When I watch a team or individual sport, I wonder how much responsibility the coach has when they're not participating? If your student strays from the gameplan or is discombobulated from a straight to the nose... is it always the coach's fault or did student let the coach down? When Tyson went crawling looking for his mouth piece against Buster Douglas, I wasn't thinking about his coach. Edmund's boxing coaching record was very respectable prior to mtg Ronda in 2010.

I know it's contrary to popular belief but Ronda is a poor student, more than Edmund is a poor coach.

I seriously dislike Edmund, but this attempt to make him the scapegoat for Ronda's failure is ridiculous.

You bring up some good points, brah. With Ronda and Edmond's Armenian culture, it is all about loyalty and family. If you get in a bad time, you don't bail, you stick together. There is no doubt that Edmond legitimately loves Ronda and is very loyal to her as well. The issue is, all Edmund can teach is boxing and Ronda's Judo skills have suffered. BJ Penn ran into this problem too: he was once advanced but the game moves so fast. BJ realized this and thus went to Jackson's, as simply working with only a boxing coach will get you murdered in modern MMA.

It seems like Edmond's ego is the biggest problem, him not being able to admit that he is not next level and is teaching Ronda outdated MMA/does not have the know how to teach her modern MMA. I remember Trav telling the story of how he went there from Jacksons and Edmond was just shitting on how Trav couldn't punch the right way, how Jackson's didn't know how to teach him, etc, and then Trav switched camps and then proceeded to go from a record of like 5-1 to 1-5. Jacksons doesn't focus on flawless technique or try to put everyone in a cookie cutter mold, but instead finding what works best for you and becoming the best, most creative fighter for your particular set of gifts. In essence, the coach Edmond essentially regressed Trav and took all the things that made him one of the best heavyweights in the world and turned him into a shell of himself.

John kavanagh?
His fighter 2 division champ
His fighter Hold all the records
His fighter makes more money
?????
What?

John Kavanagh is a complete and total fucktard.

Conor Mcgregor walking into his gym was like a winning lottery ticket for John, not the other way around.

As evidence, I present the SBG stable.

You've still missed the points. How thick IS your head?

When I watch a team or individual sport, I wonder how much responsibility the coach has when they're not participating? If your student strays from the gameplan or is discombobulated from a straight to the nose... is it always the coach's fault or did student let the coach down? When Tyson went crawling looking for his mouth piece against Buster Douglas, I wasn't thinking about his coach. Edmund's boxing coaching record was very respectable prior to mtg Ronda in 2010.

I know it's contrary to popular belief but Ronda is a poor student, more than Edmund is a poor coach.

So what leads you to believe it's Ronda who is incapable of learning basic striking fundamentals or following a gameplan? I am curious here. Ronda comes from a competitive background and she made it all the way to the Olympics without his "help". Surely this idiot could've taught her an ounce of striking in the last 7 or so years? I mean I can't even believe we are arguing this.

Mike Tyson was a special case. Losing Cus D'amato was a huge blow to his career. Cus d'amato was indeed a fatherly figure to him. Everything Cus said, Mike listened. After Cus died, there's no question about it, Mike went on a downward spiral. The guy started to do drugs, women, he didn't train as much..etc. The guy started to headhunt more and more. It was bound to happen.

How does this mirror Ronda Rousey? Well, in my opinion, it does not. Edmond unfortunately, is alive and well and she listened to him. Ronda believed in Edmonds. She trusted him. Edmond more or less lured her into believing she was a competent striker and it finally came around to biting her in the ass.

Why should we praise Edmond? Did you forget he fuked over Jake Ellenberger and Travis Browne? Are you blaming it on them also? He's a bad coach. Just admit it.

Last edited:
Ronda's dad died when she was 8. When she was done with judo, she tried out 3 mma coaches until she met Edmund with her friend Manny.

Edmund didn't pursue her nor make her stay as a student. If you've ever seen a classic kung fu film of a wayward kid who needed to exact revenge cuz they got beat up or a family member got killed ...they seek and find a mentor and train. All those wins prior to Holm is dedicated to Edmund.

"Ronda punches like a monster," Edmund brags. "They don’t know what they’re up against until she stands in front of them."

Ronda won matches with strikes as well as arm bars. She seemed to be well rounded in mma.

When Ali or Tyson started to lose, did we all blame their coaches as being shit all of a sudden? When Royce Gracie, Tito, Hughes, Fedor, Lidell, etc all started to decline, did we automatically point the finger at their coaches?

Sure, Edmund might look and sound like a stand in for a Night at the Roxbury or a Kardashian bellhop, it doesn't mean he wasn't instrumental in Ronda's first 12 wins.

Ronda owes ALL of her mma success to Edmund. Her last two losses are the same as when Pacman loses and he's lost more than two times ...but no one dares to say it was all Roach's fault.

I personally think Ronda bounces around the ring with no footwork, agility to evade and counter...essentially, she needs a new coaching team but her reluctance to leave is called:

LOYALTY

If perhaps Edmund became sort of a father figure to Ronda. It explains why she'll defend him against her mom. Ronda needs a dad and mom can't be both.

Change camps, try again.

Edmund was the coach of the most successful mma fighter in history. What other coach can say that.
Edmund is a scumbag who rode her coattails and did nothing for her when she needed the most help

Gene Lebell and Gokor Chivichyan were more of a father than Edmond's goblin-lookin' ass.
what about Pedro and his father,who actually trained ronda for most of her judo years?

Ronda's dad died when she was 8. When she was done with judo, she tried out 3 mma coaches until she met Edmund with her friend Manny.

Edmund didn't pursue her nor make her stay as a student. If you've ever seen a classic kung fu film of a wayward kid who needed to exact revenge cuz they got beat up or a family member got killed ...they seek and find a mentor and train. All those wins prior to Holm is dedicated to Edmund.

"Ronda punches like a monster," Edmund brags. "They don’t know what they’re up against until she stands in front of them."

Ronda won matches with strikes as well as arm bars. She seemed to be well rounded in mma.

When Ali or Tyson started to lose, did we all blame their coaches as being shit all of a sudden? When Royce Gracie, Tito, Hughes, Fedor, Lidell, etc all started to decline, did we automatically point the finger at their coaches?

Sure, Edmund might look and sound like a stand in for a Night at the Roxbury or a Kardashian bellhop, it doesn't mean he wasn't instrumental in Ronda's first 12 wins.

Ronda owes ALL of her mma success to Edmund. Her last two losses are the same as when Pacman loses and he's lost more than two times ...but no one dares to say it was all Roach's fault.

I personally think Ronda bounces around the ring with no footwork, agility to evade and counter...essentially, she needs a new coaching team but her reluctance to leave is called:

LOYALTY

If perhaps Edmund became sort of a father figure to Ronda. It explains why she'll defend him against her mom. Ronda needs a dad and mom can't be both.

Change camps, try again.

Edmund was the coach of the most successful mma fighter in history. What other coach can say that.

Stop shit posting rondas mom, edmund or dana, whoever you are.

People were blaming Edmond LONG before she lost. She has great natural power, but her boxing fundamentals have never been even decent. Now that could be on either of them- but in cases like that, you look at other fighters he trained. If they are highly successful, it's Ronda's fault- if not it's his. Quite clearly he simply isn't a very good coach, because his sole notable fighter was Rousey. Browne regressed under him. Most people have agreed Ronda succeeded in spite of him, not because of him, and it was purely her own skillset and determination that won her fights because her stand up has always been poor.

Do your research first before making ignorant claims.

I can't believe I just read all that. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back