If Edmund replaced Ronda's dad, then he deserves serious credit.

Didn't she have a bit of a falling out with the judo community when she started competing in MMA?
yes thats what i remember, they where strugglin with ronda in the judo days 2

Maybe he was an important part in her jusmpstarting her career but he is also a giant part of it crashing and burning right now. If what you say is true about loyalty and family, i would sooner describe it like when an abused woman can't remove herself from her abuser and is psychologically addicted to staying even tho it's destroying her life. If she really did talk about suicide after Holm, i shudder to think what's going on now. Whatever is happening, one thing is for sure - it's not good for Ronda.

And if we talk about Edmond as a boxing coach, well just look at her boxing. If a good boxing coach saw his student fight like that, he wouldn't let them fight, it's that bad.

John Kavanagh is a complete and total fucktard.

Conor Mcgregor walking into his gym was like a winning lottery ticket for John, not the other way around.

As evidence, I present the SBG stable.
Yea you're right Glendale fight club is really blossoming with talent.

Do your research first before making ignorant claims.

Lol what? I'm not talking about the dumbass media coverage and Rogan bullshit, or the sheep who buy anything the UFC say. The majority of people with half a brain were aware Edmond is a bad coach who was not giving Ronda the coaching necessary. If you don't believe that, well that's on you.

People were blaming Edmond LONG before she lost. She has great natural power, but her boxing fundamentals have never been even decent. Now that could be on either of them- but in cases like that, you look at other fighters he trained. If they are highly successful, it's Ronda's fault- if not it's his. Quite clearly he simply isn't a very good coach, because his sole notable fighter was Rousey. Browne regressed under him. Most people have agreed Ronda succeeded in spite of him, not because of him, and it was purely her own skillset and determination that won her fights because her stand up has always been poor.

Edmond's attention to preparation and fitness had been tragically molded almost a decade earlier. William Abelyan, an Armenian featherweight who was the No. 1 WBO contender in the division, fought Phillip Payne, a late replacement, in Las Vegas in May 2005. Edmond had worked with Abelyan for years and watched as he dominated the fight early but took a beating in the late rounds. The fight eventually was stopped in the 10th round. Abelyan complained of a headache and was admitted to the hospital where they discovered brain hemorrhaging. He never fought again.

"That broke my heart so much," Edmond says. "And that’s why when I train fighters, I make sure before they get into the Octagon or ring, they’re in the best shape of their life."

Soon after, Edmond led Vic Darchinyan, an Armenian-Australian boxer, to eight different titles, solidifying himself as a bona fide championship coach.

Initially drawn to wushu, the acrobatic martial art popularized by Jet Li, Edmond turned to Muay Thai at 16, amassing only three losses in more than 40 pro fights. Between bouts, he began teaching young students at Arutyunyan’s gym. A few years after high school he made a pilgrimage to Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, the spiritual home of Muay Thai.

"You have 16-, 17 year-old young kids, knocking the shit out of each other," he said. "It’s pure competition, just like a bloodsport. I would train with those kids, and I loved it. They’re so humble and respectful."

When he returned to Glendale, he pushed his pupils harder, and young Armenians flocked to the gym. Soon word extended past the boundaries of Glendale, and top Armenian fighters like William Abelyan and Vic Darchinyan travelled thousands of miles to be trained by Edmond.

In 2008, he relocated GFC from its original location on Maple Ave. to the larger, current gym one block away on Brand Blvd. The growing Armenian community, though, craved more. Glendale, originally a white middle-class enclave, banned boxing matches more than 60 years ago to keep out fighters and fans of a sport deemed "unwholesome." In 2010, the same year Ronda arrived at GFC, Edmond successfully petitioned then-mayor Frank Quintero to overturn the ordinance, bringing live boxing to Glendale for the first time, and Edmond was hailed a hero in the sport’s community.

N.b. ( I personally don't care at all about Edmond but it's appalling to think that he is singled out as THE reason for Ronda losing two fights or ...losing at all. Has Ronda reached a tipping point, a plateau? Or does she just have a weak chin and a frantic panic mode that prevents her from proper ring composure? Laying or projecting blame away from Ronda is in a way, meant to pinpoint the problem so that Ronda could rebirth into a better fighter...to be champion again. All the Edmund detractors are just upset Ronda fans unable to grasp the slippery slope which is her own failings.)

Any man who would slap his bag on Ronda's mom deserves serious credit.

Edmond's attention to preparation and fitness had been tragically molded almost a decade earlier. William Abelyan, an Armenian featherweight who was the No. 1 WBO contender in the division, fought Phillip Payne, a late replacement, in Las Vegas in May 2005. Edmond had worked with Abelyan for years and watched as he dominated the fight early but took a beating in the late rounds. The fight eventually was stopped in the 10th round. Abelyan complained of a headache and was admitted to the hospital where they discovered brain hemorrhaging. He never fought again.

"That broke my heart so much," Edmond says. "And that’s why when I train fighters, I make sure before they get into the Octagon or ring, they’re in the best shape of their life."

Soon after, Edmond led Vic Darchinyan, an Armenian-Australian boxer, to eight different titles, solidifying himself as a bona fide championship coach.

Initially drawn to wushu, the acrobatic martial art popularized by Jet Li, Edmond turned to Muay Thai at 16, amassing only three losses in more than 40 pro fights. Between bouts, he began teaching young students at Arutyunyan’s gym. A few years after high school he made a pilgrimage to Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, the spiritual home of Muay Thai.

"You have 16-, 17 year-old young kids, knocking the shit out of each other," he said. "It’s pure competition, just like a bloodsport. I would train with those kids, and I loved it. They’re so humble and respectful."

When he returned to Glendale, he pushed his pupils harder, and young Armenians flocked to the gym. Soon word extended past the boundaries of Glendale, and top Armenian fighters like William Abelyan and Vic Darchinyan travelled thousands of miles to be trained by Edmond.

In 2008, he relocated GFC from its original location on Maple Ave. to the larger, current gym one block away on Brand Blvd. The growing Armenian community, though, craved more. Glendale, originally a white middle-class enclave, banned boxing matches more than 60 years ago to keep out fighters and fans of a sport deemed "unwholesome." In 2010, the same year Ronda arrived at GFC, Edmond successfully petitioned then-mayor Frank Quintero to overturn the ordinance, bringing live boxing to Glendale for the first time, and Edmond was hailed a hero in the sport’s community.

N.b. ( I personally don't care at all about Edmond but it's appalling to think that he is singled out as THE reason for Ronda losing two fights or ...losing at all. Has Ronda reached a tipping point, a plateau? Or does she just have a weak chin and a frantic panic mode that prevents her from proper ring composure? Laying or projecting blame away from Ronda is in a way, meant to pinpoint the problem so that Ronda could rebirth into a better fighter...to be champion again. All the Edmund detractors are just upset Ronda fans unable to grasp the slippery slope which is her own failings.)

Lol what

I just read all of that and it was an interesting read. It was also heavily influenced by him, I'm sure. Forget all the BS- his track record with MMA fighters is what counts. I'm sure he's a competent martial artist- in fact, I watched a video of him training wushu and was actually impressed, he clearly knows what he's doing. That doesn't in any way shape or form make him a good coach, and people have pointed out those failings over and over. He was a yes man that got lucky with Ronda. The camp you train at is absolutely crucial to your development, and Nunes is a perfect example.

Oh, and also- Ronda does have her failings too- largely an inability to recognise her weaknesses and having huge mental weaknesses. Ironically, her biggest strength (hating to lose) is also her biggest weakness. Losing has probably devastated her confidence to the point she has no real future anymore in fighting, and the idea of her rebirthing as a new fighter now is highly unlikely, Edmond or not.

Maybe he was an important part in her jusmpstarting her career but he is also a giant part of it crashing and burning right now. If what you say is true about loyalty and family, i would sooner describe it like when an abused woman can't remove herself from her abuser and is psychologically addicted to staying even tho it's destroying her life. If she really did talk about suicide after Holm, i shudder to think what's going on now. Whatever is happening, one thing is for sure - it's not good for Ronda.

And if we talk about Edmond as a boxing coach, well just look at her boxing. If a good boxing coach saw his student fight like that, he wouldn't let them fight, it's that bad.

Honestly though 95% of what made Rousey successful was already there with her Judo, Edmonds contribution was basically adding some sloppy aggressive standup that worked a small number of times against opponents who were weary of her grappling and so wide open to it. When Rousey looked to actually focus on striking vs quality standup opponents we saw the results.

Obviously we can't know for sure but playing net phsyologist it does very much seem like Edmond is exploiting Rousey having mental issues(potentially from her fathers death) to keep control of her when pretty much everyone else can see he's sinking her career.

Last edited:
I was surprised that Ronda basically just stood in front of Nunes and blocked everything with her face. At least against Holly she actually f'n tried. I expected Nunes to fuck her up on the feet still but not like that, not that quickly and easily.

That's the part I don't get. It's like there were zero lessons learnt from the last fight, and zero progress was made in the year between fights. There's zero defensive action taken when a punch is thrown. I understand how gameplans and tactics and training can go out the window if you get rocked, but you'd think even natural instinct would cause you to cover up a bit when under attack (instead of walking forward and eating more shots). Bizarre.

Last edited:
She needed a real camp, with actual, full-contact sparring. Like Mike Tyson said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." Her coach failed her.

Ronda's dad died when she was 8. When she was done with judo, she tried out 3 mma coaches until she met Edmund with her friend Manny.

Edmund didn't pursue her nor make her stay as a student. If you've ever seen a classic kung fu film of a wayward kid who needed to exact revenge cuz they got beat up or a family member got killed ...they seek and find a mentor and train. All those wins prior to Holm is dedicated to Edmund.

"Ronda punches like a monster," Edmund brags. "They don’t know what they’re up against until she stands in front of them."

Ronda won matches with strikes as well as arm bars. She seemed to be well rounded in mma.

When Ali or Tyson started to lose, did we all blame their coaches as being shit all of a sudden? When Royce Gracie, Tito, Hughes, Fedor, Lidell, etc all started to decline, did we automatically point the finger at their coaches?

Sure, Edmund might look and sound like a stand in for a Night at the Roxbury or a Kardashian bellhop, it doesn't mean he wasn't instrumental in Ronda's first 12 wins.

Ronda owes ALL of her mma success to Edmund. Her last two losses are the same as when Pacman loses and he's lost more than two times ...but no one dares to say it was all Roach's fault.

I personally think Ronda bounces around the ring with no footwork, agility to evade and counter...essentially, she needs a new coaching team but her reluctance to leave is called:

LOYALTY

If perhaps Edmund became sort of a father figure to Ronda. It explains why she'll defend him against her mom. Ronda needs a dad and mom can't be both.

Change camps, try again.

Edmund was the coach of the most successful mma fighter in history. What other coach can say that.
GAY

That's the part I don't get. It's like there were zero lessons learnt from the last fight, and zero progress was made in the year between fights. There's zero defensive action taken when a punch is thrown. I understand how gameplans and tactics and training can go out the window if you get rocked, but you'd think even natural instinct would cause you to cover up a bit when under attack (instead of walking forward and eating more shots). Bizarre.
Thats because eveyone.. Dana included... let her beleive she was.. and still is the best in the world and blamed the media obligations for the loss. That was the real disservice here. The truth. If you cant be honest with yourself then the people around you better be.

She needed a real camp, with actual, full-contact sparring. Like Mike Tyson said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." Her coach failed her.

Come to think of it, is there a single second of footage of Ronda doing anything in training aside from hitting pads or solo physical prep? Through all the promos and Countdowns and Embeddeds and all that over time, I don't think I've ever seen her rolling or sparring with anyone.

Oh, and also- Ronda does have her failings too- largely an inability to recognise her weaknesses and having huge mental weaknesses. Ironically, her biggest strength (hating to lose) is also her biggest weakness. Losing has probably devastated her confidence to the point she has no real future anymore in fighting, and the idea of her rebirthing as a new fighter now is highly unlikely, Edmond or not.

STFU you dumb twat.

Everyone was blaming Tyson's trainers after cus and Rooney.

You can't compare the fighting prowess of Tyson and Ali to a women. That's just ridiculous.

Ronda would have won no matter where she trained.
Rondas a grappler who got a KO and fell in love with her hands. Big mistake.

Ronda's dad died when she was 8. When she was done with judo, she tried out 3 mma coaches until she met Edmund with her friend Manny.

Edmund didn't pursue her nor make her stay as a student. If you've ever seen a classic kung fu film of a wayward kid who needed to exact revenge cuz they got beat up or a family member got killed ...they seek and find a mentor and train. All those wins prior to Holm is dedicated to Edmund.

"Ronda punches like a monster," Edmund brags. "They don’t know what they’re up against until she stands in front of them."

Ronda won matches with strikes as well as arm bars. She seemed to be well rounded in mma.

When Ali or Tyson started to lose, did we all blame their coaches as being shit all of a sudden? When Royce Gracie, Tito, Hughes, Fedor, Lidell, etc all started to decline, did we automatically point the finger at their coaches?

Sure, Edmund might look and sound like a stand in for a Night at the Roxbury or a Kardashian bellhop, it doesn't mean he wasn't instrumental in Ronda's first 12 wins.

Ronda owes ALL of her mma success to Edmund. Her last two losses are the same as when Pacman loses and he's lost more than two times ...but no one dares to say it was all Roach's fault.

I personally think Ronda bounces around the ring with no footwork, agility to evade and counter...essentially, she needs a new coaching team but her reluctance to leave is called:

LOYALTY

If perhaps Edmund became sort of a father figure to Ronda. It explains why she'll defend him against her mom. Ronda needs a dad and mom can't be both.

Change camps, try again.

Edmund was the coach of the most successful mma fighter in history. What other coach can say that.
what are you on about... she was an adult when she joined his gym. Ur making it sound like he adopted her..
Most girls are easiy to manipulate like that..

Back