If Demetrious Johnson surpasses Anderson Silva's 10 title defences...

Uhh the first fight was part of the four man tournament to determine the first flw champ, might of been 3 round but was basically a shot at the title that doesn't yet exist

how could it "basically" be a shot at the title when you had to win that fight to get a shot at the title?

are number one contender fights "basically" title fights according to you??

the problem too,is guys like cejudo and horiguchi get title shots really fast because DC ran out of challengers so long ago...that DC is facing them before they even have a chance to become great.
Great point. That's why dj should take fun fights at 135 between title defenses every now & then.

how could it "basically" be a shot at the title when you had to win that fight to get a shot at the title?

are number one contender fights "basically" title fights according to you??
Oh sorry wasnt taking about this stupid thread i was yano replying to the person that oringally quoted me. Had nothing to do with u

Shit division is shit. He could have 40 title defenses and it'd still be a joke.

This thread made me think of a silly point that people bring up: MM hasn't beat any former champs( which is always silly by itself because he was the very first...)

But how many did Andy beat? Only Rich & Hendo? Vitor if you count his LHW title win. Forrest wasn't a part of the defense streak since it was at LHW.

Technically Uncle Creepy was the lineal Flyweight champion of the world when Demousetrious beat him.

GOAT is Bones.
Former Champs he beat.

Shogun Rua
Rampage
Rashad
Machida
Vitor
Cormier (well he is now the Champ)

TS haven´t mentioned Jones in his list although all of the GOATs mentioned have used PEDs, if you believe it or not TS.

Nah. It's incredibly impressive but I still think Anderson beats him in terms of legacy. He's for sure more well rounded than Anderson but that doesn't necessarily make him better.

MM gets too much flack imo. He's been more impressive than Aldo's winning streak

Nah. It's incredibly impressive but I still think Anderson beats him in terms of legacy. He's for sure more well rounded than Anderson but that doesn't necessarily make him better.

MM gets too much flack imo. He's been more impressive than Aldo's winning streak

People seriously think MM's streak is better than Aldo's?

The thing is,he needs a true Rival. Anderson had Chael,and conquered him.

Well Im pretty positive hes doing it all clean so he does have that going for him. I actually think hes going to surpass it by far. He'll probably get like 15 title defenses. Only problem is he doesnt finish his opponents quite as spectacularly and his opposition isnt as good.

15 titles defenses rematching Dodson for the 5th time?

Mighty-Mouse-UFC-152-Post-Fight-thumbnail-2.jpg

No.

I have to ask, is this a real pic or doctored? Because I honestly can't tell.

As much as some may disagree with me, I already think/thought MM was/is #1 P4P fighter in the world. His well-rounded skills along with the way he mixes in his wrestling with his striking is better than anyone else in any division, as well as his cardio being just unbelievable.

If he was able to match Silva's streak, he would beat the record for most CONSECUTIVE title defense (IIRC). If he beats Silva's win streak as well, I don't see how anyone could deny his spot as GOAT (or one of).

The thing is,he needs a true Rival. Anderson had Chael,and conquered him.
I agree, but who can actually give him a challenge? Joe-B is still running through fools yet MM knocked him the fuck out with relative ease. I hope there's a legitimate challenger out there that has a target on MM's back.

I got MM as #1 p4p right now and I think he's a much better overall fighter than Silva ever was
It also has to do with size. Smaller guys can train harder and for longer because they get fewer injuries. As you go up the weight classes, injuries become more and more common. So you should only compare skillsets in guys of similar size.

Back