If Demetrious Johnson surpasses Anderson Silva's 10 title defences...

Not at all. Mighty Mouse's defenses are misleading. Mighty Mouse's reign has been only 3 years, while Anderson remained champion for almost 7.
He is chasing Anderson's title defense record so hard that he's just fighting anybody that the UFC is offering just so he can break Anderson's record. To me, everybody sees through that schtick and that's why he doesn't get the same credit, and rightfully so.
Yes, he has cleaned out a division, but he has only defeated one era of fighters. From top to bottom, he has fought everybody in the division and defeated them. But Anderson was fighting legit contenders that deserved the title shot every time.
To me, Anderson wasn't chasing a stupid record. He was just defending his title, and he ended up having the most title defenses ever. Mighty Mouse is chasing the record so hard that he's just fighting anybody, and it's hard for me to see their situations as equal.

His title defenses aren't as impressive as Jones, GSP or Silva or even Aldo

Cruz is like 2 title defenses away from having more impressive title defenses.

Cruz lost to TJ. He's not even the champ in my eyes. WTF?
WEC is not UFC!!
According to your logic Fedor is 4 times UFC champion because UFC bought Pride FC.

On topic - MM fights in the shallowest division in the whole UFC so no... his streak ain't that impressive to me as well.

Cruz lost to TJ. He's not even the champ in my eyes. WTF?
WEC is not UFC!!
According to your logic Fedor is 4 times UFC champion because UFC bought Pride FC.

On topic - MM fights in the shallowest division in the whole UFC so no... his streak ain't that impressive to me as well.

I agree, Cruz did lose to TJ but here we are and he has a win over him. I think TJ right now is a better fighter than every win MM has, including Dodson who beat TJ.

According to your logic, MM is 100x better than Jones, GSP, Aldo and AS combined. I can just put shit in your mouth too. See how that works?

Better fighter maybe.

But his resume simply isn't as strong.

Not at all. Mighty Mouse's defenses are misleading. Mighty Mouse's reign has been only 3 years, while Anderson remained champion for almost 7.
He is chasing Anderson's title defense record so hard that he's just fighting anybody that the UFC is offering just so he can break Anderson's record. To me, everybody sees through that schtick and that's why he doesn't get the same credit, and rightfully so.
Yes, he has cleaned out a division, but he has only defeated one era of fighters. From top to bottom, he has fought everybody in the division and defeated them. But Anderson was fighting legit contenders that deserved the title shot every time.
To me, Anderson wasn't chasing a stupid record. He was just defending his title, and he ended up having the most title defenses ever. Mighty Mouse is chasing the record so hard that he's just fighting anybody, and it's hard for me to see their situations as equal.
Anderson also fought Patrick Cote and Thales Leites and no they did not really deserve title shots at all. It was the exact situation you're talking about with MM where he was just fighting who was available

Generally a champion is expected to venture up a weight class after 5-7 title defenses.

With DJ though I think he gets crushed by almost every top 10 BW.
Yes, the division where John Lineker and John Dodson are ranked in the top 10 would "crush" DJ. :rolleyes:

The top 10 couldn't even crush Chris Cariaso.

It's my opinion, obviously. Cariaso, cejudo, ali, moraga, & I hate to say it but even Ian aren't that strong to me.
Ali is the last person to defeat John Lineker who is currently ranked top 5 at BW.

but yea, he sucks. I bet you think Thomas Almeida is the future.

Last edited:
To me he is already the best ever, he is the only fighter that in 2016 you know he will stay champion and not lose the belt for a long time.

And the argument that the Flyweight division is not deep was put to rest by Lineker and Dodson having success at Bantamweight.

It's like saying your're the king of playground fights. Not impressive. Yes, DJ is talented but it does nothing for me.

It also has to do with size. Smaller guys can train harder and for longer because they get fewer injuries. As you go up the weight classes, injuries become more and more common. So you should only compare skillsets in guys of similar size.
I never see people take this into account and it matters a lot. Even in the cage, when you see flyweights bouncing around throwing combo after combo, it's not so much that they're more skilled than heavier fighters. They're lighter so it takes less energy to move, land easier, aren't as easy to keep down, and a few other things as well.

This should be taken into account, MM would not move like he does now, nor have the cardio he has if he were Anderson's size.

Not bashing the guy because of his size, I'm not much bigger myself, but it's simple physics.

Mighty-Mouse-UFC-152-Post-Fight-thumbnail-2.jpg

No.
Stop size shaming.

To me he is already the best ever, he is the only fighter that in 2016 you know he will stay champion and not lose the belt for a long time.

And the argument that the Flyweight division is not deep was put to rest by Lineker and Dodson having success at Bantamweight.
Yea, and even though he never fought DJ (but did lose to one of his opponents) you will also see Justin Scoggins have a lot of success at bantamweight in the future.

Cruz is a giant bantamweight who decisioned a bunch of wrestleboxers who can barely reach his head, most of which are flyweights.

Last edited:
Cruz is a giant bantamweight who decisioned a bunch of wrestleboxers who can barely reach his head, most of which are flyweights.

MM has like 2 defenses worth a damn. Dodson and Benavidez. It basically ends at that. MM's last scheduled title defense was against a guy that doesn't even have a win streak going ffs.

I expect people to marvel at MM's next title defense win over the shopping cart guy at Walmart.

It will be a sad day when the the midget divisions start holding records like title defense's .

MM has like 2 defenses worth a damn. Dodson and Benavidez. It basically ends at that. MM's last scheduled title defense was against a guy that doesn't even have a win streak going ffs.

I expect people to marvel at MM's next title defense win over the shopping cart guy at Walmart.
Just like how they marveled at Cruz's win over a 37 year old Faber who barely beat Frankie Saenz.

Just like how they marveled at Cruz's win over a 37 year old Faber who barely beat Frankie Saenz.
i never even wanted to see that fight,id rather dillasnake fight faber,just cos of the heat.. and cruz fight DJ or something. You know cruz was gonna beat faber...you knew it was that fight by round 2 you might as well turn it off.

It would take the record plus a win over the BW champ giving MM two belts at the same time. That might put him up there with GSP, but I'm not sure.

Back