If Demetrious Johnson surpasses Anderson Silva's 10 title defences...

LLD2008

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What would you think? Would his title streak be more impressive than Anderson's or no? Would you prefer he not beat it?
Also I wonder if he will get more respect if he does, cuz you hear more Fedor, GSP, Anderson in the GOAT talk.

Mighty-Mouse-UFC-152-Post-Fight-thumbnail-2.jpg

No.

This thread made me think of a silly point that people bring up: MM hasn't beat any former champs( which is always silly by itself because he was the very first...)

But how many did Andy beat? Only Rich & Hendo? Vitor if you count his LHW title win. Forrest wasn't a part of the defense streak since it was at LHW.

Technically Uncle Creepy was the lineal Flyweight champion of the world when Demousetrious beat him.

I feel bad for MM. He gets less respect because of how much better he is than everyone else that is his size.

I won't find it as impressive as Anderson's streak. His comp. hasn't been as hard as Andy's imo.

What would you think? Would his title streak be more impressive than Anderson's or no? Would you prefer he not beat it?
Also I wonder if he will get more respect if he does, cuz you hear more Fedor, GSP, Anderson in the GOAT talk.

Has nothing to do with size like some of these retards think but it has everything to do with quality of opposition and it's pretty close to be honest but Anderson would still have a stronger resume.

I feel bad for MM. He gets less respect because of how much better he is than everyone else that is his size.

Theres also the issue that people his size are extremely rare so the talent pool to draw from is tiny. It's a super weak division.

I got MM as #1 p4p right now and I think he's a much better overall fighter than Silva ever was, but I wouldn't considered his title streak better than Silva's.

Theres also the issue that people his size are extremely rare so the talent pool to draw from is tiny. It's a super weak division.
Oh I completely agree, it just sucks for him. He's not ducking anyone, he doesn't win fights with lay and pray, he doesn't get lucky, he's not juiced up, he's just way fucking better than everyone his size, and people don't like him because of it.

All i know is Demetrious is already a superior and far more complete/well rounded fighter than Anderson ever was.

I won't find it as impressive as Anderson's streak. His comp. hasn't been as hard as Andy's imo.

Why because MM's opponents were not as popular?

How do you know they were less challenging than Andersons opponents?

Well Im pretty positive hes doing it all clean so he does have that going for him. I actually think hes going to surpass it by far. He'll probably get like 15 title defenses. Only problem is he doesnt finish his opponents quite as spectacularly and his opposition isnt as good.

Why because MM's opponents were not as popular?

How do you know they were less challenging than Andersons opponents?
It's my opinion, obviously. Cariaso, cejudo, ali, moraga, & I hate to say it but even Ian aren't that strong to me. Idk much about horiguchi. & before you hate on me for listing cejudo, I wanted to like him. I really did. A good looking wrestler with an Olympic medal is awesome. But none of his fights have really impressed me.

Generally a champion is expected to venture up a weight class after 5-7 title defenses.

With DJ though I think he gets crushed by almost every top 10 BW.

It is already more impressive than Silva's cause Johnson has never been caught with illegal substances. But it would be neat for him to actually break the numerical record too.

There's way more room for error in the flyweight division because knockouts aren't as common.

MM himself is very skilled, but 125 is shallow because most grown men who weigh that little can't compete because of the AIDS virus, and out of the ones who are just small, few ever entertained the idea of being a pro athlete.

It's my opinion, obviously. Cariaso, cejudo, ali, moraga, & I hate to say it but even Ian aren't that strong to me. Idk much about horiguchi. & before you hate on me for listing cejudo, I wanted to like him. I really did. A good looking wrestler with an Olympic medal is awesome. But none of his fights have really impressed me.

Bagautinov and Horiguchi are underrated AF, McCall was a beast back then

And about that 4 other wins against Benavidez and Dodson you didn't even mention.... No big deal eh

MM needs to step up and fight Dom imo.

Back